Teamsters United = inexperienced and down right laughable.

10 point

So no you can't give me an answer........Ill give you an answer......that was tims good friend and employee on that pole someone Tim spoke very highly of.....that's why Tim needed him on the e board
Good friends and employees make mistakes and do things wrong.
Are you perfect? Well?
Go ahead and tangle the issue up if that's all you've got.
It wasn't the President of 804 on the pole but it was a good and proven BA (was) so quit blaming the leadership for a bad choice made by one employee.

804brown

So no you can't give me an answer........Ill give you an answer......that was tims good friend and employee on that pole someone Tim spoke very highly of.....that's why Tim needed him on the e board
It is true they were friends. Even after the event last year they were friends. Even after Liam denied he messed up they were still friends. You could even still be friends with someone if they run against you. However, when Liam unethically and secretly taped his friend and leader and posted certain segments of those encounters for political gain and to embarrass Tim, I'm sure that friendship is over. Like others have posted, Liam stabbed Tim in the back. Now he is alone in the hall. And after this local election, he will be without a job.
Did Tim make a mistake by picking Liam?? Well at the time he was picked, Liam was an asset to Tim's crew. He worked above and beyond, everyday, 100% . He was always a team player until last February. When everyone blamed him for the walkout, he tried to pin it all on Tim for not escalating the walkout to an entire Local-wide strike. So the problem wasn't choosing Liam back in 2010. The problem lies with Liam's own actions and statements.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Was Tim wanting Liam on his e board a mistake? A simple yes or no to that question without political dancing will be nice
This question wasn't for me, but I would like to attempt to answer it with an observation I made as the Mespath fiasco unfolded.

I have had the luxury and privledge, through another union related endeavor (not TDU), to acquaint myself with several front line drivers and stewards in Local 804.
Several have become my friends, giving me an insight as to the climate in this local.
This all came on the heels of Liam being fired from UPS, as a steward and driver, in the Mespath UPS facility.
I read the arbitrators ridiculous decision to uphold Liam's discharge, siting an "overall work record", when in reality the case was about maintaining a SPOHR.
I applauded Tim in standing by his steward and hiring him as a business agent for the local.
Where I think things may have went wrong, was when Tim assigned Liam to represent the very same building he was fired from.
There simply may have been too much baggage and hard feelings for any man to remain objective in this scenario, a scenario which held in the balance a huge liability.
I say all of this with the luxury of hindsight.

In the end, we will never know the full scope of what was said or meant in the Liam recordings, as they are being disseminated in pieces and out of context.
What I can tell you, is in talking with these guys, is that the war zone that was once 804/UPS has been significantly improved with their new panel system that has an arbitrator sitting.
What was taking a year or more, is now taking less than 2 months.

Sometimes taking you have to take a step back, to take two steps forward.
Perhaps there was a silver lining in this whole story after all?

804brown

I applauded Tim in standing by his steward and hiring him as a business agent for the local.
Where I think things may have went wrong, was when Tim assigned Liam to represent the very same building he was fired from.
There simply may have been too much baggage and hard feelings for any man to remain objective in this scenario, a scenario which held in the balance a huge liability.
I say all of this with the luxury of hindsight.
Excellent post. I agree the move to put Liam in Maspeth provoked management a bit too much. I'm sure there was a UPS memo stating: DO NOT give Liam anything...let him appear weak!! I think that lead to his frustrations in Maspeth and further lead to his irrational move to pull those drivers. I'm also sure some Tim hater will spin this to mean Tim is therefore responsible for the walkout and its aftermath.
And now, whatever Liam's original good intentions for his members has now been sullied by his further actions of secretly taping friends and exposing those conversations for political and personal reasons.
It's a truly awful shame for us the members and Liam personally. He was still young and had a bright future as a leader one day of this Local and beyond. I think his ego got the best of him and now I think he is through.

Inthegame

And now, whatever Liam's original good intentions for his members has now been sullied by his further actions of secretly taping friends and exposing those conversations for political and personal reasons.
It's a truly awful shame for us the members and Liam personally. He was still young and had a bright future as a leader one day of this Local and beyond. I think his ego got the best of him and now I think he is through.
Yep, and the question begging an answer is did he ever really have "original good intentions"? Considering Liam was taping the guy that saved his ass from the scrap heap (Tim) and his co-workers for a considerable time even BEFORE the walkout, it's clear this guy had an agenda that had HIS future plans (not the members) at the #1 spot. He most definitely is through. Who would ever trust him again?

Major English

http:/www.teamstersunited.org/

There's two stewards that were formally B.A's read their Bio's,...... The rest I believe are officers,
Can't believe everything Lead, Wide, Shabbits, or Bug says on here, if so I have a bridge for sell,......
I agree "I can't see myself voting for Hoffa & Hall" and I won't,......
FORMALLY

Is it formally voted out for their members not wanting them?

Or did they quit because they couldn't handle it and now want to try it again to see if it will be easier this time around working for over 1 million people?

Will they quit if it gets tough for them again?

The word that you two "Privates" were looking for is FORMERLY!!!!

Now drop down and give me 20!!!

The slate has a who's who of inexperienced agents with as little as six months experience as business agents and stewards. Being a long time steward I have nothing but respect for all stewards. Steward to international Vice President is a real freaking leap. Knowing what I know and I will always be learning if the teamsters United was elected they would have to keep everyone that works at the international to know anything about anything. We would be a freaking joke.

The people that are employed at the international would be plucked up by other internationals in a heartbeat leaving a void of experience that would damn us into the Stone Age. Thank God this won't happen but it is very very scary. Any way Sandy Pope wouldn't even touch this band of gypsies. That's saying a lot.
And I told you so. Ha ha lol