Tentative contract

MostHelpNeeded

But, let's keep in mind, it's okay if a "legit deal" works out for both sides. I'm fine if UPS feels like it won too, that's how a deal should feel. If that's the case, we shouldn't be so worried about 2028. If they feel they were had, then start saving now, they're coming for us.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad deal. Just that it's more par for the course, and not what I would call historic at all.
22.4's are a give back. Part time wages are now average for my area for warehouse work. It's 2023, A/C is standard in EVERYTHING. It's not like they're retrofitting. A 5 day workweek is standard and was just another giveback that we got back. Raises that yet again, still don't keep up with inflation.

Sorry, this is my 5th contract and I just don't see it being any better or worse than any of them really. As I said, par for the course.

UPS will raise their rates a few percent to cover the expenses as they always do, and boom...'cost neutral.'

upschuck

So, there has been an agreement for over an hour, when are we going to see the actual contract. What's taking them so long? 😁

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad deal. Just that it's more par for the course, and not what I would call historic at all.
22.4's are a give back. Part time wages are now average for my area for warehouse work. It's 2023, A/C is standard in EVERYTHING. It's not like they're retrofitting. A 5 day workweek is standard and was just another giveback that we got back. Raises that yet again, still don't keep up with inflation.

Sorry, this is my 5th contract and I just don't see it being any better or worse than any of them really. As I said, par for the course.

UPS will raise their rates a few percent to cover the expenses as they always do, and boom...'cost neutral.'
In all fairness, you have to keep in mind what "historic" refers to. With the amount of changed language and the length of improvements it really is, when compared to previous contracts, really since the 80s. A 48% improvement to starting wage, regardless of area standards, is a historic improvement. $7.50 over the life of the contract is a historic total. A/C and getting UPS to dismantle the two-tier system of 22.4s is historic.

Not that I don't get your point, or even agree with you at a fundamental level, I'm just saying it's all relative. $7.50 is about 18% and underwhelming, especially with only 6.5% up front, but I get it with the PT improvements. Also, we've yet to see the HWP package. Either way, there are 340k votes and that many opportunities to express an opinion.

Wall Street doesn't like our new contract

Eff em
Screenshot_20230725-131939-537.png