Tentative contract

pharacyde

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm a little underwhelmed. At least with the up front raise. If the cost of damn near everything has gone up roughly 10%, why wouldn't the cost of my labor also go up 10%?

Thebrownblob

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm a little underwhelmed. At least with the up front raise. If the cost of damn near everything has gone up roughly 10%, why wouldn't the cost of my labor also go up 10%?
Because the contract is more than just about your yearly raise. There’s pension and insurance and work rules agreements, and the overall look at this contract is pretty positive.

If, however, you’re unhappy, it’s your right to vote no.

Hawkstrat

They can take their AC and shove it up their asses. I just had a bad feeling as soon as that came out that for all the bluster, the compensation was going to be standard.

Thebrownblob

They can take their AC and shove it up their asses. I just had a bad feeling as soon as that came out that for all the bluster, the compensation was going to be standard.
Well, you can thank all the youngsters who say it’s hotter than it’s ever been in history lol. The negotiator’s were listening to their people even if I wasn’t in that group it is what it is.

BeachBoy

I need to see the full proposal. Prior to this I saw a proposal that showed some very nice gains. It looks like they acquiescd on part time pay for seniority pt employees, I need to see what the pension changes look like.

R1wonder

Why do people think because our president and this world suck , ups is gonna make up for that ? This entire world is struggling . You think business is just gonna be like oh crap these groceries are expensive we will pay our workers twice as much now : nope , please exit la la land

JL 0513

A lot of members, if not most didn't expect this amount of wage increase, perhaps especially with the other gains made. This is the biggest set of raises in decades. So even if it technically falls short of recent inflation, I really thought drivers would be screwed over to catch part timers up. Both ended up winning.