Termination for 5 minutes unpaid time

You are right but how do these situations end up playing out? Either way, there was no communication from management to drivers on a) how to mark as paid meeting & also b) that we needed to do that even when we went to the bathroom and grabbed a drink totaling 5 minutes
You are allowed to go to the bathroom but she extend that time by shopping that's a different story.

And I'm sure you do this more than one time or nobody will probably have noticed

Alchemix

You are allowed to go to the bathroom but she extend that time by shopping that's a different story.

And I'm sure you do this more than one time or nobody will probably have noticed
It was not just me, it was a thing that drivers do if they need to fuel up, go to the bathroom, etc and then they grab a coffee or something on the way out. I guess now I know to mark it as paid break, which i didnt even know existed until today

It was not just me, it was a thing that drivers do if they need to fuel up, go to the bathroom, etc and then they grab a coffee or something on the way out. I guess now I know to mark it as paid break, which i didnt even know existed until today
You don't have to explain it to me I'm just telling you wherever you guys did set off some flags and brought attention to yourselves

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
No I didn't. A sup told me they cant see the regular break next to "meal" anyways, which obviously wasn't true
So you’ve been stealing time since the diad V transition.
It’s theft.

Nah
Talked to my steward we filed a grievance for it. He told me to file for unemployment and my hearing is next week.
Wouldn't hurt to give OSHA a call either. They can't deny you the ability to use a restroom.

That having been said, you say it was on your way to your route. I can't help but wonder why you felt the need to relieve yourself at a gas station instead of at the center...which must have been nearby if 10 other drivers got caught.

Alchemix

Wouldn't hurt to give OSHA a call either. They can't deny you the ability to use a restroom.

That having been said, you say it was on your way to your route. I can't help but wonder why you felt the need to relieve yourself at a gas station instead of at the center...which must have been nearby if 10 other drivers got caught.
I didn't need to go until I was on the road. Obviously would have went to the bathroom at center if I had the urge to at the time

Alchemix

So you’ve been stealing time since the diad V transition.

It’s theft.
hahah right 5 minutes of theft for having to go to the bathroom and grabbed a drink on the way out, equaling like 1 total minute of "theft". Man that really makes a huge difference i tell ya. Get your head out of your @$$. The sups have told me to drive with check engine lights on in the truck, to brush accidents under the rug, and I grabbed a drink when they did an observation ride in the truck and nothing was said.

Regardless, pretty obvious that theres a paid break option and to put that in there from now on. More curious as to know how it will play out from here or if there have been other situations you've seen like this

Nah
hahah right 5 minutes of theft for having to go to the bathroom and grabbed a drink on the way out
Getting the drink on the way out is the main issue here, just so you know specifically what they took issue with.

But yeah..."theft"...lol That is rich coming from the same people who don't give a rat's ass if your preloader is dumber than cat turd. Or who expect you to be okay with coming back to load up half a bulk stop into your car halfway through the day because it wouldn't all fit in the morning. Or have you doing circles around town because the manifest order is all screwed up. It's the drink at the gas station that put you over. Lmfao

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
To them, theft of time is theft of time, it doesn't matter the duration. Things are slow, they used this as an opportunity to send a message to the rest of the drivers in your building. As PCM said, expect some time off with no back pay.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
hahah right 5 minutes of theft for having to go to the bathroom and grabbed a drink on the way out, equaling like 1 total minute of "theft". Man that really makes a huge difference i tell ya. Get your head out of your @$$. The sups have told me to drive with check engine lights on in the truck, to brush accidents under the rug, and I grabbed a drink when they did an observation ride in the truck and nothing was said.

Regardless, pretty obvious that theres a paid break option and to put that in there from now on. More curious as to know how it will play out from here or if there have been other situations you've seen like this
The bathroom is not theft. You are not required to code anything out for bodily functions.

The issue is buying personal things on company time.

The more up front and contrite you are, the better this will go for you. Make excuses, and fight the labor manager, and he’ll keep you gone for a while.

I have a feeling you’ll get your job back.