Termination

Tiffany Ann

My boyfriend worked for FedEx Express and was recently terminated. He was incarcerated (non-work matter) for 2 work days. The first day- his mother called FedEx and told them there was a family emergency and he would not be into work. The 2nd day- he called FedEx when he was released (after his shift), letting them know what happened. They suspended him with pay while they investigated. Two weeks later, they fired him for no call/no show. There was no way possible for him to call the 2nd day- FedEx does not accept Collect Calls. He is filling out a GFT Form. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? He also never received a employee handbook. Is this something that can be said in the GFT Letter? Thanks!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'd ask this in the FedEx forum. The above situation happened at UPS. Two very different animals.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My boyfriend worked for FedEx Express and was recently terminated. He was incarcerated (non-work matter) for 2 work days. The first day- his mother called FedEx and told them there was a family emergency and he would not be into work. The 2nd day- he called FedEx when he was released (after his shift), letting them know what happened. They suspended him with pay while they investigated. Two weeks later, they fired him for no call/no show. There was no way possible for him to call the 2nd day- FedEx does not accept Collect Calls. He is filling out a GFT Form. Has anyone else ever been in this situation? He also never received a employee handbook. Is this something that can be said in the GFT Letter? Thanks!

Why isn't he on here asking, did he get locked up again and doesn't have access to the Internet

km3

He may be out of luck. At my last job, my partner in the work area got arrested and he was fired for the same reason. Never saw him again.

Supposedly my state has a law prohibiting terminations for NCNS unless you have 3. That's the reason I was given for that co-worker's termination. Something like that may be your only hope, but it's a long shot.

But you should definitely be asking people familiar with FedEx, not unionized UPS employees.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Why didn't his mom call in the 2nd day for him too?
And where were you at during all this? Why didn't you call in for him too.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How come he got locked up?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sounds like a easy case for a labor lawyer if you were in the hospital. I would love to hear depositions as the attorney produces medical records.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Find a new boyfriend.