Terrorists

rickyb

Military expenditures bleed the federal budget—officially—of $598.49 billion a year, or 53.71 percent of all spending. This does not, however, include veterans’ benefits at $65.32 billion a year or hidden costs in other budgets that see the military and the war profiteers take as much as $1.6 trillion a year out of the pockets of taxpayers. - chris hedges

not to mention the pentagon budget has never been audited who i heard ralph nader talking about. i also saw the 60% number in the new michael moore movie

but thats not really the point: what i want to know from the conservatives is how do you justify spending that kind of money on terrorists which is extremely unlikely to happen to you, but not climate change which you believe to also be extremely unlikely to happen.

newfie

Military expenditures bleed the federal budget—officially—of $598.49 billion a year, or 53.71 percent of all spending. This does not, however, include veterans’ benefits at $65.32 billion a year or hidden costs in other budgets that see the military and the war profiteers take as much as $1.6 trillion a year out of the pockets of taxpayers. - chris hedges

not to mention the pentagon budget has never been audited who i heard ralph nader talking about. i also saw the 60% number in the new michael moore movie

but thats not really the point: what i want to know from the conservatives is how do you justify spending that kind of money on terrorists which is extremely unlikely to happen to you, but not climate change which you believe to also be extremely unlikely to happen.

where are these made up numbers you are speaking of? the budget shows 17 percent not 60 percent spent on defense spending?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Are you truly that simple minded?
There are Korans translated in English.
But you haven't read it, you just believe what you're sold by your side.
You're the one who is simple minded, everything you post proves it.

It's more complicated than simply taking 5 or 6 words from a passage as proof that all Muslims are evil. You have to look at the Quranic and historical context that comes with those words. If I were to ignore historical context I could easily make Jews and Christians look pretty bad too by cherry picking half a sentence here and there.

teamer

But you haven't read it, you just believe what you're sold by your side.
You're the one who is simple minded, everything you post proves it.

It's more complicated than simply taking 5 or 6 words from a passage as proof that all Muslims are evil. You have to look at the Quranic and historical context that comes with those words. If I were to ignore historical context I could easily make Jews and Christians look pretty bad too by cherry picking half a sentence here and there.

What we believe is in the Koran is pretty much irrelevant. What the fanatics believe is in it that is motivating them to kill and brutalize is what is important.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What we believe is in the Koran is pretty much irrelevant. What the fanatics believe is in it that is motivating them to kill and brutalize is what is important.
So you're saying there is a difference between moderate/modern muslims and radical/extremist ones?
Because my statements were directed to TrickPony who disagrees with that.
He seems to think the radical muslims have the correct interpretation of the Quran, as he made clear here:
It doesn't matter whether you're:

a "radical" Muslim;
a "moderate" Muslim or;
an "entry level" Muslim,

the Koran says the same thing......there are, I believe, 64 verses that refer to jihad.

Why is this so difficult for some of you to understand?

BrownArmy

If Brown Army, DIDO and some others are so sympathetic to Muslims and their Koran why don't they move to the middle east? Perhaps the company will let them build/operate a UPS hub/center there?

Relax.

I'm as sympathetic to Muslims as I am to Christians.

You lose my attention however when you pick the barbarous parts out of the Koran and exclaim:

See! Followers of that book are obviously barbarians!

When, in reality, there's no shortage of depravity in the Bible.

Same difference.

-------

Yet, there is so much beauty in the Bible.

And in the Koran.

And in the Rig Veda.

And in the Pali Canon.

And in the Bardo.

And in...

rickyb

if the media covered terrorism when rich countries blow up innocents in poor countries, they way they cover rich countries being blown up by poor countries, then you would never hear the end of it.

rich countries governments kill or injure or ruin the lives of millions and millions of people in poor countries over time. our own governments are the major terrorist organizations.

all human life is equal. lets not pretend that an israeli's life is worth more than a palestinian's, or that a person from a rich nation is worth more than a person from a poor nation.

bbsam

Staff member
Relax.

I'm as sympathetic to Muslims as I am to Christians.

You lose my attention however when you pick the barbarous parts out of the Koran and exclaim:

See! Followers of that book are obviously barbarians!

When, in reality, there's no shortage of depravity in the Bible.

Same difference.

-------

Yet, there is so much beauty in the Bible.

And in the Koran.

And in the Rig Veda.

And in the Pali Canon.

And in the Bardo.

And in...
...and in Max Hardcore movies.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most cited means little. Just means devoted fans. How many times have you cited a handful of people? Pads their counts considerably but adds zero to what the author says.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-to-give-up-u-s-citizenship-for-lower-taxes/

Data provider IHS announced a $13 billion merger Monday that would make it the latest U.S. company to move its headquarters overseas, where it would face lower taxes.

Colorado-based IHS is merging with the smaller London-based Markit in what is known as an “inversion,” in which U.S. companies are bought by or merge with foreign firms to reduce U.S. corporate tax burdens.

The new combined company, IHS Markit, would be based in London and have a corporate tax rate in the low-to-mid-20-percent range. That is far lower than the 35 percent corporate tax rate in the United States .

In November, pharmaceutical giant Pfizer announced plans to merge with Botox maker Allergan and move its headquarters to Ireland. That deal is expected to save the firm about $35 billion in taxes.
Last month, Johnson Controls announced that it would merge with Tyco and move its headquarters to Cork, Ireland. Johnson Controls said the strategy would save the new company — with a market cap of about $36 billion — about $150 million a year in taxes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The National Review has stated that Muslims make up one percent of the American population, but since 9/11 have committed 50 percent of the terrorist attacks in the US.

Which means a Muslim is 5000 times more likely to be a terrorist than anybody else.

Before the usual suspects jump in and start calling me a racist , I would like to remind everyone that Islam is a religion, not a race.