The amount UPS paid for my health insurance dropped by $11000.00 from 2013 to 2014

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Just got my W-2 for 2014 and compared it to my W-2 from 2013.

In 2013 UPS paid $19,699.00 for my family's health insurance premiums.
In 2014 UPS paid $8,693.90 for my family's heath insurance premiums.

Same 5 members in my family. Sounds like UPS made out good.

Evil

I saw that on my W2s as well. It goes to show you how inferior that Western Conference and Local 177 Healthcare is. They got us good and every maroon that supported this bogus healthcare should be ashamed of themselves. The same healthcare? My :censored2:!

brown bomber

brown bomber
except me and my daughters,..since I was forced to retire,...therefore my daughters are no longer covered,...there premiums have gone from $220 / month, to $450 / month,..as of this year my older daughter has her own insurance,..guess what my younger daughter is currently paying $325 for her insurance...in the span of about 2 yrs.,, her premium has gone from $110/ month to over $300/ month...ACA,..my ass

HBGPreloader

I don't have the paperwork in front of me. But, mine dropped significantly too from ~$14,800 to ~$6,500.

And, yes, my health plan changed significantly. But, not for the better because my out-of-pocket costs have increased dramatically.

I'm still trying to locate a new eye doctor - who is worth a darn and will take the new insurance.

My dentist is trying to work with me. But, It's not looking good.

O/C

My health care plan costs were not on my 2013 or 2014 W-2.
Are you guys covered under a Teamster's controlled health and welfare plan? One of the reasons that it is not stated on your W-2 under the DD designation block, you should be asking just how much is going annually into your H/W plan for accountability reasons.

Sent using BrownCafe App

O/C

UPS paid premiums for the whole year in 2013.
They only paid the premiums in 2014 up until you were switched to Teamcare.
That is your difference shown on the W2.
Is it a requirement for teamcare to provide a statement as to how much annual monetary contributions that is being contributed by our employer?

Sent using BrownCafe App

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Is it a requirement for teamcare to provide a statement as to how much annual monetary contributions that is being contributed by our employer?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Have been in a Teamsters administered health plan since 1984. I have never been issued a statement showing an annual contribution towards my healthare costs from UPS.
UPS currently pays my health fund $359.42 a week for benefits or $18,690 annually.

O/C

Have been in a Teamsters administered health plan since 1984. I have never been issued a statement showing an annual contribution towards my healthare costs from UPS.
UPS currently pays my health fund $359.42 a week for benefits or $18,690 annually.
Thinking that under the new legislation of the ACA it would now be a requirement.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Thinking that under the new legislation of the ACA it would now be a requirement.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Not as of yet. IRS doesn't care how much your insurance costs. Only need to check a box stating you as covered by health insurance.

My friends wife had breast cancer. She's in full remission. The doctor bills were over $100,000 dollars. He paid co pays and his deductible. That's all. I sure am happy she is alright and he's happy that this was covered so well. Make sure you hug someone you love or care about today. If they aren't around call them. Lifes to short.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Then why is now showing on our W-2 forms? They are up to something grant me that.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The ACA only requires that Form W-2 report the cost of coverage under an employer sponsored group health plan. Teamcare and other Teamster administered health plans are not considered employer sponsored and are exempt from Box 12 / DD of the W-2.

Am sure that the Box 12 W-2 amount will be used to tax cadillac plans in the future. We are nowhere near that threshold with our insurance plans.

O/C

The ACA only requires that Form W-2 report the cost of coverage under an employer sponsored group health plan. Teamcare and other Teamster administered health plans are not considered employer sponsored and are exempt from Box 12 / DD of the W-2.

Am sure that the Box 12 W-2 amount will be used to tax cadillac plans in the future. We are nowhere near that threshold with our insurance plans.
Then are we to presume that the company is contributing annually the negotiated article 34 increases? I did not know that union controlled H/W plans are not required to report the annual monetary contributions to their members, thanks for the clear up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not necessarily union controlled. Any non-employer sponsored healthcare plan is exempt from the W-2 reporting law.
Would look more to your local rider to see what UPS is contractully obligated to pay towards your health & welfare.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just got my W-2 for 2014 and compared it to my W-2 from 2013.

In 2013 UPS paid $19,699.00 for my family's health insurance premiums.
In 2014 UPS paid $8,693.90 for my family's heath insurance premiums.

Same 5 members in my family. Sounds like UPS made out good.
Have fun trying to read those tea leaves.
When accounting gets involved, it's hard to tell what the numbers mean.

Regardless, the cost of your family's healthcare was probably the same from one year to the next with a 5% bump each year.