The Case for Zero Loyalty

hypo hanna

I see yet another potential lawsuit here. Unless there has bben a change in the driver training, there is zero mention of how to read and handle a dog threat. Or more likely a driver trying not to have a preventable incident harms a dog to protect herself and the owner sues FedEx. More bad policy from the geniuses in Memphis.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I see yet another potential lawsuit here. Unless there has bben a change in the driver training, there is zero mention of how to read and handle a dog threat. Or more likely a driver trying not to have a preventable incident harms a dog to protect herself and the owner sues FedEx. More bad policy from the geniuses in Memphis.
I agree Memphis is just setting themselves up to be sued (along with a careless dog owner.) I'm sure most injured couriers would not hesitate to sue both parties.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dog bite = a preventable incident

Have seen it happen twice recently at our station ...
It's ridiculous B.S. but part of the new corporate policy that everything is the employees fault..

You should have anticpated the rabid dog who comes running out from the bedroom when the owner answers the door. You should have called ahead and determined whether or not the residential recipient indeed had a dog, or a ferret, or a rabbit, or anything else that might harm you. You should have known that the dog that the owner said "was friendly" really wasn't and was on anti-psychotic dog meds. You also should have consulted the Station Ouija Board and/or calculated the Safe Dog Distance (SDD) using the mathematical formula provided by OSS.....oops, the OSS calculation was for a boa constrictor, not a dog. STILL YOUR FAULT!!! This is clearly the fault of the employee and you have a bad attitude if you disagree.

You can't make this crap up, and you are indeed correct that everything is the fault of the employee. And some of the dumb asses on here wonder why we criticize Fedex.

This company sucks...in so many ways.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
^^^
I recently had a new guy ride with me and I basically told him that anything you do will be blamed on you.

Bailey4

Or if you kiss enough behind or have enough on the manager ......someone else did it. Not behind kisser. i have seen routes collapsed and then reinstated for top not behind kissers when they return in over 90 days time. One was so obvious that the route was collapsed because it was not needed.... then the courier returned less than a week after that and poof the route returned. Wouldn't it be swell if those generous rules were extended to everyone