The Forums and Threads on BrownCafe

Dr.Brownz

I like how you come on hear thinking you're going to change minds or something. Your views of a Utopian paradise can't work. Never has, never will.

And you say we would design our trucks so that the back doesn't get hot in August. So if we were in control, we'd have our cardboard air conditioned even though the doors open over 150 times a day letting all the air out every 2 minutes? C'mon man.

How many customers have stopped shipping wine through ups when they learn the wine sits in your hot cargo area all day? I rarely get sig required packages on my route since that news spread to the local wine enthusiasts. Cant believe shippers agree to ship food and other perishable items with us.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How many customers have stopped shipping wine through ups when they learn the wine sits in your hot cargo area all day? I rarely get sig required packages on my route since that news spread to the local wine enthusiasts. Cant believe shippers agree to ship food and other perishable items with us.
You know FedEx does the same, right? Except they tell shippers the wine is transported in climate controlled trucks. Suckers!! Lol.

JL 0513

i think its a utopian idea to think that capitalism has ever worked if you factor in climate change.

i forgot what it would take to stop any further climate change, so i dont know if capitalism is even compatible with environmental requirements.

You lost me at "climate change".

I suppose if humanity had never progressed past living in caves, all would be well.

JL 0513

Only food trucks have climate controlled cargo areas. Why would standard pkg delivery ever have climate controlled cargo? It's ludicrous.

Dr.Brownz

Only food trucks have climate controlled cargo areas. Why would standard pkg delivery ever have climate controlled cargo? It's ludicrous.

For climate controlled deliveries. Seems like it could be a premium service in the future. Though I could see it being a disaster when no one wants to bid that route (or would it be a 22.3 type job?)because of tons of extra protocols or something, and some newbie gets it and DRs a human heart on the wrong porch.

edit: apparently UPS does have some kind of premium medical service.
UPS Temperature True: UPS
It says they "connect carriers" so it probably has something to do with coyote logistics.

rod

Retired 22 years

What good would climate control cargo areas do when the box of oranges are DR'ed on the front porch on a 20 below zero day? I used to get a kick out of delivering these boxes of croquet balls in the winter. I've had customers tell me that oranges do ok but frozen apples pretty much turn to applesauce when they thaw out.

BrownArmy

You lost me at "climate change".

I suppose if humanity had never progressed past living in caves, all would be well.

Climate isn't changing?

So, protohumans in caves vs. year 2016, that's your comparison?

Don't answer, it's fun to see where people are at by their posts.

JL 0513

Climate isn't changing?

So, protohumans in caves vs. year 2016, that's your comparison?

Don't answer, it's fun to see where people are at by their posts.

Climate has always changed significantly, long before humans ever came along. Where did all that warming come from to get out of at least 3 ice ages?

BrownArmy

Climate has always changed significantly, long before humans ever came along. Where did all that warming come from to get out of at least 3 ice ages?

O-KAY!

If your assertion is that us humans haven't tipped the scales, you need more research.

In either case, the climate is changing, one way or another.

Should we argue about the cause, or should we get to work?

[emoji6]