The information campaign

bacha29

You weren't here in 2009-2010. We thought we were finally going to unionize. Believe it or not MrFedEx was optimistic. No one ever thought the Republicans would support us getting a union. That was a foregone conclusion. Everything lined up with Democrat control in 2009. Then the rug got pulled out from under us. The Teamsters turned their backs on us. And Fred doubled down by giving us smile**y raises for years to come after already terminating the traditional pension in 2008. We had one Congressman really go to bat for us, Jim Oberstar. But money talks.
You pointlessly keep carping about what the Democrats didn't do but you continue to fail to mention what your party didn't do.
After your party twice killed the bill in committee the Democrats would have been completely within it's agenda to have simply moved on.
Therefore, until you are willing to bring your party's role in the matter into the discussion what you're saying regarding the matter is just that... pointless.

bacha29

Actually some other companies were included but we were the main focus. But what I posted is true, Republicans don't support unions and we had no expectation they would.
Since you had no expectation that your party would support organized labor , it never has and never will the Democrats were under no obligation to try to overcome your party's opposition especially at the time when the nation was caught in the grasp of the worst recession in 80 years..... but try it did none the less.

bacha29

You guys are really something. How do you expect corporations to provide jobs, to expand their businesses, to meet shareholder expectations(your 401k), if government is draining them dry with taxation and costly regulations that often are just another way to scalp more money out of business? How many poor men have provided you a paycheck? Get over the rich making money. Be thankful there are opportunities for you and your children. Opportunities that will likely dry up if businesses are once again hammered by the government. And for Pete's sake stop having unrealistic expectations of what companies can do for you. No one wants to be a wage slave but companies can't print money. You can't all make $80k a year with gold plated benefits. Be realistic. Want to make $80k at FedEx? Go into management. If you don't want that, I certainly didn't, then you'll have to settle for less or leave. I'd be more concerned right now as to whether FedEx is looking to make FTer's $40k or less employees. If they are I would, if I were still there, go into trucking or something else that pays better. FedEx used to be a job where you didn't have to have a degree of a trade skill to make a living. Doesn't look to be the case anymore.
Another corporate apologist talking out of both sides of his mouth. One side is crying about being shut out of his much needed and deserved access to collective bargaining while the other side is poor mouthing in behalf of Fat Freddy and how hard he's having it.

vantexan

You pointlessly keep carping about what the Democrats didn't do but you continue to fail to mention what your party didn't do.
After your party twice killed the bill in committee the Democrats would have been completely within it's agenda to have simply moved on.
Therefore, until you are willing to bring your party's role in the matter into the discussion what you're saying regarding the matter is just that... pointless.
I've repeatedly said everyone knows the Republicans are against unions and it was going to have to be the Democrats who got us one.

vantexan

Another corporate apologist talking out of both sides of his mouth. One side is crying about being shut out of his much needed and deserved access to collective bargaining while the other side is poor mouthing in behalf of Fat Freddy and how hard he's having it.
Again you've never shown how FedEx can offer UPS comparable pay and wages to Express employees. I've asked and you've refused to answer.

vantexan

Since you had no expectation that your party would support organized labor , it never has and never will the Democrats were under no obligation to try to overcome your party's opposition especially at the time when the nation was caught in the grasp of the worst recession in 80 years..... but try it did none the less.
It's not about anything but the fact that Dems controlled Congress and the presidency, had the necessary provision in a bill that was fought hard to get by a great Democrat Congressman, but chose not to even put it up for a vote after getting paid off by Fred. You can rag on Republicans all you want, but the Dems failed us when they could have helped us finally get unionized. Your first instinct isn't to agree but to protect your party no matter what. You sir are a partisan hack.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've repeatedly said everyone knows the Republicans are against unions and it was going to have to be the Democrats who got us one.
Dems only care about public employee unions. Huge difference from company unions which they have been trying to screw for years.

bacha29

It's not about anything but the fact that Dems controlled Congress and the presidency, had the necessary provision in a bill that was fought hard to get by a great Democrat Congressman, but chose not to even put it up for a vote after getting paid off by Fred. You can rag on Republicans all you want, but the Dems failed us when they could have helped us finally get unionized. Your first instinct isn't to agree but to protect your party no matter what. You sir are a partisan hack.
Look who's calling me a party hack. Blaming the Democrats for it's inability to overcome the obstructionist ideology of his own party A party that was in power when the nation's entire economy was teetering on edge of total collapse.

Look, you're the guy who quit Fedex twice and was forced to do a Dano. That decision could not help but to negatively impact your retirement security along with your aimlessly wondering around the country and world.

bacha29

Dems only care about public employee unions. Huge difference from company unions which they have been trying to screw for years.
Public employee unions won the right to organize in court. They didn't have to win it out on the street.
Furthermore private sector employers have far MORE anti union counter measures at their disposal including bringing it scabs where as public sector employees have far FEWER counter measures at their disposal. Those state county and local offices must be remain open and maintain normal hours.

I had a conversation with my state's AFL-CiO president earlier this year and he admitted it. Organizing public employees is easy pickings.

Working4the1%

3FB2107A-5376-4C56-8DB1-720E2295B176.jpeg
3FB2107A-5376-4C56-8DB1-720E2295B176.jpeg
Contender for Labor Dept ..AFL-CIO..No way either of those 2 would harm the contractor scam. Relax

vantexan

Look who's calling me a party hack. Blaming the Democrats for it's inability to overcome the obstructionist ideology of his own party A party that was in power when the nation's entire economy was teetering on edge of total collapse.

Look, you're the guy who quit Fedex twice and was forced to do a Dano. That decision could not help but to negatively impact your retirement security along with your aimlessly wondering around the country and world.
Unlike you I only need so much. You should try a little bit of travel, might change your perspective. And the Dems didn't have to overcome anything except themselves in 2009-2010.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Again you've never shown how FedEx can offer UPS comparable pay and wages to Express employees. I've asked and you've refused to answer.
Here we go again.

But for starters, the profit margin for international is 700%.

They’re making money, they always have. Don’t be fooled.