Theft from UPS??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
yeah, ups will probably try to fire you for something else like lates, or too many accidents...lets not give them any more fuel for the fire!!

Penguin

As an unloader, I see TONS of parcels that loaders in other hubs are obviously stealing from. I try to report it because I want the thieves stopped, but no one seems to really care. :/

tieguy

Banned
As an unloader, I see TONS of parcels that loaders in other hubs are obviously stealing from. I try to report it because I want the thieves stopped, but no one seems to really care. :/

check your ups bullitin boards for the security hotline phone number and call it in. You might get some extra cash out of it.

area43

Pen!! I hate theft toooo. Call the Marines, Army, Navy,Coast guard, the swat team, lets get these bad people. Pen, you seem like a very proactive honest person. Take other avenues of approach quickly. Call the police. Keep up the good work.....

olympicking

olympic_king
Four people at my hub got fired for stealing. Two of them were informants for lost pervention, one was a lost pervention supervisor who was caught stealing a monkey hat, and the other was a supervisor who switch labels on computer boxes and sent them to a store that he worked at.

upsgrunt

Four people at my hub got fired for stealing. Two of them were informants for lost pervention, one was a lost pervention supervisor who was caught stealing a monkey hat, and the other was a supervisor who switch labels on computer boxes and sent them to a store that he worked at.

He wasn't stealing, he just wanted the monkey off his back!

over9five

Staff member
Three wise UPS employees?

400px-Hear_speak_see_no_evil_Toshogu.jpg

From Wikipedia
400px-Hear_speak_see_no_evil_Toshogu.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
the only thing we take out of UPS should be the sweat off our backs, take nothing but your check, on the road think of it as cardboard only,WHO CARES WHATS IN IT, IT"S ONLY CARDBOARD !!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
the only thing we take out of UPS should be the sweat off our backs, take nothing but your check, on the road think of it as cardboard only,WHO CARES WHATS IN IT, IT"S ONLY CARDBOARD !!!!!!

I have never seen anything at UPS that was worth my job.

hdkappler

when iworked at brown before i retired.i always said who is that stupid to steel from here.i got tired of looking at the packages,i sure as hell wouldn't want them in my house.

steamroll

didn't it get on fox news?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I Think Its Most Disturbing When A Seasoned Employee Ends Up Crossing The Line And Commits Theft. Even When I Have An Overlooked Pkg In My Truck For Another Route You Never Know If Security Is Testing You To See What You'll Do With That Pkg.

I Can't Fathom The Thought Of Going Home To Tell My Wife And Family I Lost My Job Due To Theft And The Consequences That Follow..............it's Not Like We're Working Handling Hard Cash.

Uh, speak for yourself, I handle 2 NDA paks with usually 300-1000$ per day 5 days a week. Sure I could easily steal the cash; and someone lacking integrity might ( and probably get away with it!) It's people like you that think everyone's in the same boat, generalize and are naive.

When everyone's thinking the same thing, no one's thinking...

wyobill

Theft comes in many different forms. Ive seen drivers borrow COD money then pay it back on payday. That person got caught and sent down the road. Another driver got caught in a pinch and just pocked
the COD money. Of course thats when we handled cash.

We have all seen call tags with much lesser weight on them. I have picked up os3 packages with under 50 lbs on the tag. I turn them all in for adjustment. One that really torks me off is when a cumtomer said we never got the package and ups gets to pay the claim and they end up getting a 2 for 1 deal. I wont dr that house any more. They get to sign
for their stuff.

UPS is also scared to death that we are stealing time from the company by pee breaks , talk time,ect. those time studys are for a perfect world
and my rt has a good one. Friday I did 143 stops out of a p32, 200 miles
that was 9.5 plan day. I punched out at 12 hrs with 10 stops left in the truck. My point is I dont have time to take a 5 min. lunch. Is this stealing
from the driver when they deduct 1 hr automatically. Its a catch 22
I know what you are thinking if one dosent take lunch time thats your falt. Vacation replacement drivers dont have lunch breaks on their mind.
They just want to get thru the RT without missed or commit packages.

This peak we had temp loaders. I had to go thru every package and throw out at least 10 missloads. Packages were not even close to being put on the correct shelves. We all were staring before out start times and management would not allow us to start early. Is this theft??

Just some of my observations on theft. I certainly could go on and on.
For the most part UPS employees are honest, quality people that work their rear ends off.:happy2:
rear end off.

filthpig

The only thing I did not like about rev rec is the fact that there is a do not audit list, we give the people on that list the ok to ship what they want and how they want, most of the shippers on that list are not billing correctly and we cant touch them.

All together now...POTTERY BARN!!!

filthpig

I went to college with a PT- supe who got busted for theft. UPS found out he was stealing and just let him dig himself a hole he could not get out of. They had him on video, had agents instead of drivers deliver to him (he was switching labels, this was 20 years ago, no tracking) and they got him red-handed. They hit him with a huge fine. No jail.
I've heard that in my location stealing is so frequent now that they do not prosecute. They just fire 'em.