MAV1224

I mean a new hire(obviously) and I've noticed some issues. Well, plain and simple I've been working close to my 30 days. I was workig another job in which I recently quit to focus on UPS. I was working 60-70 hours a week with both jobs, so I had enough. The issue is, I've been late at least once or twice a week since I've started UPS(it's gone down since quitting my other job. It's more accidental :censored2: now like thinking 4:45 instead of 4:35) but I keep on getting misloads. These :censored2:ing scanners either don't work 8/10 times or they load me up with the largest trucks and expect me to do the :censored2: on my own only to get pissed off that I can't seem to load a total of 1000-1200 somethig pieces by myself along with scanning things 100% all within 4.5 hours. Look, I'm not gonna lie here. I :censored2:ing hate the job. I'm doing the preload and I'm really trying but the :censored2:ig shift and all the bull:censored2: these supervisors and drivers give me is really starting to piss me off and depress me even further. Like, I'm becoming seriously depressed. Am I pusillanimous? Maybe, but I swear it's just one :censored2:ing bull:censored2: job after another. I don't have the desire to make this my career and tbh if they don't fire me I'm leaving after peak. I just don't see the point in busting my ass for basically minimum :censored2:ing wage all for people to either :censored2: talk on it or :censored2:ing get disappointed in the end. How in the :censored2: do you people deal with this :censored2:?

Like I get told it's such a "great" job, but most of the employees at my hub are miserable and are working two jobs just to make by. They'll work here for insurance and other jobs for payment. It's just ridiculous. How is it so great if the only people I see that are making a :censored2: ton of money or either drivers or full time supervisors? For gods sake some of the preloaders I'm workig with tell me they only make $210 a week at this job and they've been at it for 5 years! My mindset might be different for a variety of reasons. I could really just be at an advantage here. You know why? I have my mothers insurance until I'm 26(or until a healthcare change occurs) and she's a :censored2:ing government/city worker. So my current insurance is just as good, if not even better than some of the healthcare people are receiving at my hub. So idk wtf the to do. Wait for a year, get paid :censored2: to get insurance that I already have for awhile? Idk

Anyways, the real questions I have(besides all my venting) is what can I do to make this better for me? And am I likely going to get fired? I should add that my hub is highly understaffed, like ridiculously understaffed and they have me on the schedule already so it has me confused. A part of me feels like I'm not gonna get fired and I can work this seasonal job out until Christmas, but another part of me feels like I will. You might ask, why stay with it if you hate it so much? Job security. Being unemployed for 3 months :censored2:ed me mentally for a long while, and I'm gonna be really pissed if I get fired before I can figure out other employement. Can anyone help me? I'm having real hard issues with this place. It just amazes me that working somewhere at Dunkin Donuts(the job I quit) was paying me more weekly for way less work and way less bull:censored2: than this place. any advice?

Last edited:
You don't sound happy. Just leave, man. It's not for everyone. We have one guy who's on the ropes for being slow and he called out last minute two days in a row after being late at least once a week. They're DQ'ing him when we get someone better.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I mean a new hire(obviously) and I've noticed some issues. Well, plain and simple I've been working close to my 30 days. I was workig another job in which I recently quit to focus on UPS. I was working 60-70 hours a week with both jobs, so I had enough. The issue is, I've been late at least once or twice a week since I've started UPS(it's gone down since quitting my other job. It's more accidental :censored2: now like thinking 4:45 instead of 4:35) but I keep on getting misloads. These :censored2:ing scanners either don't work 8/10 times or they load me up with the largest trucks and expect me to do the :censored2: on my own only to get :censored2: off that I can't seem to load a total of 1000-1200 somethig pieces by myself along with scanning things 100% all within 4.5 hours. Look, I'm not gonna lie here. I :censored2:ing hate the job. I'm doing the preload and I'm really trying but the :censored2:ig shift and all the bull:censored2: these supervisors and drivers give me is really starting to piss me off and depress me even further. Like, I'm becoming seriously depressed. Am I pusillanimous? Maybe, but I swear it's just one :censored2:ing bull:censored2: job after another. I don't have the desire to make this my career and tbh if they don't fire me I'm leaving after peak. I just don't see the point in busting my ass for basically minimum :censored2:ing wage all for people to either :censored2: talk on it or :censored2:ing get disappointed in the end. How in the :censored2: do you people deal with this :censored2:?

Like I get told it's such a "great" job, but most of the employees at my hub are miserable and are working two jobs just to make by. They'll work here for insurance and other jobs for payment. It's just ridiculous. How is it so great if the only people I see that are making a :censored2: ton of money or either drivers or full time supervisors? For gods sake some of the preloaders I'm workig with tell me they only make $210 a week at this job and they've been at it for 5 years! My mindset might be different for a variety of reasons. I could really just be at an advantage here. You know why? I have my mothers insurance until I'm 26(or until a healthcare change occurs) and she's a :censored2:ing government/city worker. So my current insurance is just as good, if not even better than some of the healthcare people are receiving at my hub. So idk wtf the to do. Wait for a year, get paid :censored2: to get insurance that I already have for awhile? Idk

Anyways, the real questions I have(besides all my venting) is what can I do to make this better for me? And am I likely going to get fired? I should add that my hub is highly understaffed, like ridiculously understaffed and they have me on the schedule already so it has me confused. A part of me feels like I'm not gonna get fired and I can work this seasonal job out until Christmas, but another part of me feels like I will. You might ask, why stay with it if you hate it so much? Job security. Being unemployed for 3 months :censored2:ed me mentally for a long while, and I'm gonna be really :censored2: if I get fired before I can figure out other employement. Can anyone help me? I'm having real hard issues with this place. It just amazes me that working somewhere at Dunkin Donuts(the job I quit) was paying me more weekly for way less work and way less bull:censored2: than this place. any advice?

If you kiss your mother with that mouth, you deserve to be fired.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If u don't need or want the union, quit now & goto FedEx HD terminal ( a bit easier than a Ground hub), but only has one main AM shift.

If u want more various shifts, then FedEx ground terminals are going to be better.

Brisket

Holy moly sounds like you should just leave if it's that bad, they don't need you going off on a co worker.

But, IF you stick around, just wait till peak.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I mean a new hire(obviously) and I've noticed some issues. Well, plain and simple I've been working close to my 30 days. I was workig another job in which I recently quit to focus on UPS. I was working 60-70 hours a week with both jobs, so I had enough. The issue is, I've been late at least once or twice a week since I've started UPS(it's gone down since quitting my other job. It's more accidental :censored2: now like thinking 4:45 instead of 4:35) but I keep on getting misloads. These :censored2:ing scanners either don't work 8/10 times or they load me up with the largest trucks and expect me to do the :censored2: on my own only to get :censored2: off that I can't seem to load a total of 1000-1200 somethig pieces by myself along with scanning things 100% all within 4.5 hours. Look, I'm not gonna lie here. I :censored2:ing hate the job. I'm doing the preload and I'm really trying but the :censored2:ig shift and all the bull:censored2: these supervisors and drivers give me is really starting to piss me off and depress me even further. Like, I'm becoming seriously depressed. Am I pusillanimous? Maybe, but I swear it's just one :censored2:ing bull:censored2: job after another. I don't have the desire to make this my career and tbh if they don't fire me I'm leaving after peak. I just don't see the point in busting my ass for basically minimum :censored2:ing wage all for people to either :censored2: talk on it or :censored2:ing get disappointed in the end. How in the :censored2: do you people deal with this :censored2:?

Anyways, the real questions I have(besides all my venting) is what can I do to make this better for me? And am I likely going to get fired? I should add that my hub is highly understaffed, like ridiculously understaffed and they have me on the schedule already so it has me confused. A part of me feels like I'm not gonna get fired and I can work this seasonal job out until Christmas, but another part of me feels like I will. You might ask, why stay with it if you hate it so much? Job security. Being unemployed for 3 months :censored2:ed me mentally for a long while, and I'm gonna be really :censored2: if I get fired before I can figure out other employement. Can anyone help me? I'm having real hard issues with this place. It just amazes me that working somewhere at Dunkin Donuts(the job I quit) was paying me more weekly for way less work and way less bull:censored2: than this place. any advice?

Get a vasectomy to save future generations from being contaminated by your genes.
The future will thank you

Yes

Don't quit your day jo... Oops, nevermind
QgVdpT0URYpYA.gif

GenericUsername

Okay, some serious tips for you instead of trolling/etc.

If you're not in this to become a driver, then it's time to quit. Sure, working preload blows donkey d*, but it is what it is. Come in with the expectation that you're going to get hosed every day and just do the work. If you're part of the union, you get paid to work at a steady, safe pace. Don't let the supervisors put pressure on you to go faster/etc. Stay safe, keep egress, and just go with it. Get some earbuds and play some music, it'll relax you (hopefully, but I doubt it seeing your first post.)

Tips for the scanner:

Wear it on your non-writing hand. You're still supposed to write on every package, so if you're right handed, scan with the left. Scan it as you go in the car to put it on the shelf and write the numbers down on the box. If you're stacked out, who cares? They can send you some help. Work their methods 100% and throw that back in their face. Give your drivers as best a load as you can, and other than that, who gives a flying friend*?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Way TLDR

Why can't you get to work on time?