Thinking of leaving UPS ?????

UpsguyDGAF

Thanks for the positive and helpfull responses of some of you. All the others can "eat :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:". Good thing there are blogs so you can talk :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: 1000's of miles away. Funny thing is if you knew me, you wouldnt look at me twice the wrong way. Go back home ******************
Anyway, are there any of you who havent passed your progression and the company really has no legit reason as to why ??? Lets hear it..

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Maybe the fact that you think you're a badazz, is part of "your" problem. A little conformity won't hurt you, ya know. How's about covering the tat's for awhile, like say 20 years, and taking care of the part of your life that matters. If you do this, before you know it you'll be retired and telling stories to your grands. Mho, mike, and I don't care if you're here in front of me or 1,000 miles away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the positive and helpfull responses of some of you. All the others can "eat :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:". Good thing there are blogs so you can talk :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: 1000's of miles away. Funny thing is if you knew me, you wouldnt look at me twice the wrong way. Go back home**************
Anyway, are there any of you who havent passed your progression and the company really has no legit reason as to why ??? Lets hear it..

Judging from this post I am guessing it could be your attitude. I would tell you the same thing face to face. Stop your whining and be thankful you have the job that you do. $22/hour plus benefits in today's economy would certainly make me think about an attitude adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in i similar situation as far as not being promoted to full time. However i am not about to go quit my job, because simply because i am ONLY making 21.41 an hour. While i am not seeking a new job, i am seeking the company honor the contract.

I started for ups in july of 99. I waited 5 years to drive and went on the road at peak of 04. From that point on i would cover vactions all through out the year. Since may of 2005 i have only work my preload shift for roughly 3 months. (i have worked 5 days part time since april of 07).

In reality i should be well into progression (possibly done with it, depending on how you read the contract) by this point in time. However i have not even started it, and i do not see being added to the full time list anytime in the near future. I have bid all my vacation time against the full time drivers , rather then being at the top end of the part time bid list (even though my vacation checks are for 20 hours at my inside rate--about 70% less then what i make during the year).

I have yet to figure out a way to force them to put me on the full time list. There are not any service failure issues, customer complaints, or accidents that they can use as an excuse to not put me on the list. I am normally .25-.50 under everyday, so i am meeting there imaginary numbers at least 95% of the time. Somehow they are keeping me off of the list (union just tells me i have to be patient). I am willing to bet there are alot of us out there in the same circumstance. I would love to force the issue with them, but at this point in time i am out of ideas.

Pip

upsmike69, It boils down to you have to do whats best for you. If you feel you can tough it out, then stick around. If you feel you might be able to better yourself by moving on. Then you are the only one that can make that decision. At the end of the day we all have to live with our choices we make.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Wait!!! 24, 25 posts and no one has called this guy a troll?

You're right...we've been complacent.
We have become so dependant on Over9five and Tieguy to root out the trolls that we have become derelict in our responsibilities.
I am shamed -
This is obviously a troll, troll, troll.

:whiteflag: Ive been a cover driver for 4 years now and employed for 8, and I must admit Im getting sick of this :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. I make $ 22 an hour and reached "Top Rate" a while ago and the Company seems to not want to promote me to full time driver. I do all the same stuff as full time and feel like UPses BITCH doing misloads every night and helping out when Im done. I think the company doesent like my Tattooes or something? Anyone else out there in the same boat as me? Should I just leave? Thanks

Oh ya and I didnt make Full Time probation because of a 1 misdelivery the company states :censored2::censored2::censored2:....

I would trade with you in a second. I just lost a job making $23 hr and let me tell you from someone who has been out there looking for 5 weeks, there is nothing. :anxious: I'm having a hard time just getting in for an interview at UPS.
:peaceful:

Wait!!! 24, 25 posts and no one has called this guy a troll?

I doubt this is a troll. Believe it or not, getting added to the full time list has been a real issue for quite awhile. While i am grateful (more and more everyday considering the economy) that i do make $21+ an hour, i think everyone wishes they would honor the contract. In my situation, they have me cornered and they know it. I started at ups within 2 weeks of turning 18. I have nothing else to fall back on (not a day of college), so ups is taking there sweet time making me full time, because they know i am not going anywhere.

While i think it would have been wise for the initial poster to choose his words a little better, i can relate to what he is trying to say. Thats why i say No Troll.

LiL"Comet"

UPSmike I'm sorry are your feeling hurt, well I so apologize that your obviously not quite mature enough to handle the responses to a question you ask.. As upstate said it probably has alot to do with your attitude and as for the "your MOMA joke" GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not fortunate enough to have my mom here anymore young man, I watched her take her last breath when I was 17 yrs old from cancer. As for the tat's my husband is very well covered in them but he has since enough to know when and where he has to cover them up. He has a job that doesn't require him to have them covered but out of respect for (to many to type) he keeps them covered because for what he makes an hour it well worth it to act like an adult. \\

Your attitude can help you along or kriple you the choice is yours. Just a tip at UPS don't burn bridges with people because I promise you will have to cross them again one day if your still around.

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA!!! :peaceful:

Last edited:

hdkappler

you have good wages and benefits with brown.there is one place a person can go with 30day vacation a year free medical and dental.plus free room and board.and retire in 20 years?army,airforce,marines,and navy.might like it better than brown.give it a try.

you have good wages and benefits with brown.there is one place a person can go with 30day vacation a year free medical and dental.plus free room and board.and retire in 20 years?army,airforce,marines,and navy.might like it better than brown.give it a try.

But it may take 10-15 years in the military to make the same money as 3 year driver.

hdkappler

:happy2::peaceful:i had no shoes and i complained>until i saw a man (woman)who had no feet?upsermike.you remind me of the man who had no shoes.23.00dollars an hour plus free benifits.(some people would do your job for 13.00 an hour plus free benefits.the man who had nofeet mcdonalds walmart worker 10.00 an hour plus pay own insurance.some have to get food stamps because these companies can't afford these benefits.or even pay the help overtime.so much for the lecture.just rememberthis slogan.(ups)i had no shoes and i complained.(mcdonalds)untill i met a man who had no feet.:happy2::happy-very:

:happy2::peaceful:i had no shoes and i complained>until i saw a man (woman)who had no feet?upsermike.you remind me of the man who had no shoes.23.00dollars an hour plus free benifits.(some people would do your job for 13.00 an hour plus free benefits.the man who had nofeet mcdonalds walmart worker 10.00 an hour plus pay own insurance.some have to get food stamps because these companies can't afford these benefits.or even pay the help overtime.so much for the lecture.just rememberthis slogan.(ups)i had no shoes and i complained.(mcdonalds)untill i met a man who had no feet.:happy2::happy-very:

So the moral of the story...Cut off one foot so you can have the best of both worlds. You will only need to get one shoe.

SFBayUPSer

WOW.... after his second post I just skipped to the bottom. KEEP YOR JOB! Make your $20 an hour! Whats the problem?

I don't see a problem. Soooo.... STFU.

Im not gonna say the T word.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am in i similar situation as far as not being promoted to full time. However i am not about to go quit my job, because simply because i am ONLY making 21.41 an hour. While i am not seeking a new job, i am seeking the company honor the contract.

I started for ups in july of 99. I waited 5 years to drive and went on the road at peak of 04. From that point on i would cover vactions all through out the year. Since may of 2005 i have only work my preload shift for roughly 3 months. (i have worked 5 days part time since april of 07).

In reality i should be well into progression (possibly done with it, depending on how you read the contract) by this point in time. However i have not even started it, and i do not see being added to the full time list anytime in the near future. I have bid all my vacation time against the full time drivers , rather then being at the top end of the part time bid list (even though my vacation checks are for 20 hours at my inside rate--about 70% less then what i make during the year).

I have yet to figure out a way to force them to put me on the full time list. There are not any service failure issues, customer complaints, or accidents that they can use as an excuse to not put me on the list. I am normally .25-.50 under everyday, so i am meeting there imaginary numbers at least 95% of the time. Somehow they are keeping me off of the list (union just tells me i have to be patient). I am willing to bet there are alot of us out there in the same circumstance. I would love to force the issue with them, but at this point in time i am out of ideas.

I was in the same situation. A couple of us TCDs were driving 90% (or more) of the time so our steward eventually used that as justification to get a couple more full-time positions added. It worked. Our sups even backed it as much as the steward did. The new contract is very clear on this. All TCDs should be keeping track of how many reports they get as a driver. There is a number of reports that determines the need for a center to add a new full-time driving position. Sounds like your steward(s) aren't doing their jobs. Keep pressing the issue. If you've been driving that much then another full-time job should be created.

I was in the same situation. A couple of us TCDs were driving 90% (or more) of the time so our steward eventually used that as justification to get a couple more full-time positions added. It worked. Our sups even backed it as much as the steward did. The new contract is very clear on this. All TCDs should be keeping track of how many reports they get as a driver. There is a number of reports that determines the need for a center to add a new full-time driving position. Sounds like your steward(s) aren't doing their jobs. Keep pressing the issue. If you've been driving that much then another full-time job should be created.

Any idea how many reports within a cetain amount of days you would need? This is where they have me beat. They always tell me its at there discretion to create new positions "and right now there is not a need". So far this year i have 181 reports for driving (179 as standard delivery, 2 days covering a 22.3 driving job). In 2006 i drove from mid may-until the end of the year. In 2007 i drove from early april-until the end of the year. This year i never went back to the preload (i have worked 5 random days to help them out when they were short). If that doesn't establish that i am working full time under the t.c.d status, i don't know what does.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Any idea how many reports within a cetain amount of days you would need? This is where they have me beat. They always tell me its at there discretion to create new positions "and right now there is not a need". So far this year i have 181 reports for driving (179 as standard delivery, 2 days covering a 22.3 driving job). In 2006 i drove from mid may-until the end of the year. In 2007 i drove from early april-until the end of the year. This year i never went back to the preload (i have worked 5 random days to help them out when they were short). If that doesn't establish that i am working full time under the t.c.d status, i don't know what does.

Sounds to me like you're already full time. You need a better steward or better yet, go over his head to your BA or higher if need be.

Calling 705, where are you, 705? :happy2: