This is sad.........

Johney

Where our center is the county Sheriffs are cool with us as are the DOT guys and the state guys,it's usually a town cop that gives us tickets for whatever.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have gotten one speeding ticket in my entire life. It was 28 years ago, when I was 18 and showing off for a girl. Since that time I have never been in a traffic accident and never had a moving violation of any kind.

over9five

Staff member
The white sticker on the inside of the cab is for the PMI (Preventive Maintenance Inspection) while the state sticker is either on the license plate or windshield. When you go through a DOT checkpoint they do check for the state sticker but I don't believe they care about the PMI sticker.

The white sticker inside the cab with the month and year punched out is the FMCSA Inspection sticker, sometimes we call it the "Fed". You would be in violation driving with it expired.
Never seen a PMI sticker.

over9five

Staff member
The white sticker inside the cab with the month and year punched out is the FMCSA Inspection sticker, sometimes we call it the "Fed". You would be in violation driving with it expired.
Never seen a PMI sticker.
ALSO, it is a good idea to check your insurance cards now. HERE, they all expire Jan 1st. Make sure you have the new ones.

Buck Fifty

I have gotten one speeding ticket in my entire life. It was 28 years ago, when I was 18 and showing off for a girl. Since that time I have never been in a traffic accident and never had a moving violation of any kind.

So did it impress her ? Reminded me of how I meet my better half. Driving down I-65 in my dad's Lotus Elan, when I happened upon a Dodge Challenger with a gorgeous blonde in it. I put the hammer down a little and blew by her at 100 mph. She strolled back by at about 120 mph I'm guessing, because the ticket she got was for 126 mph ( in a 55 mph zone ). I know it impressed me. Figured she would jump off the next exit and rest is history. Needless to say, she didn't have a license while we dated. Thanks for the flashback Sober !

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Back to the original post. We sign these every year. If you had a ticket in the last year you have to report it and you have to sign it. Who can't remember if you had a ticket in the last year? Pretend to forget and lose your job. Your call.

bumped

I've gotten 2 tickets in the last 10 years. One was speeding and the other was rolling a stop sign. Who doesn't pay the $75 to a lawyer to get them plead down to a non moving violation?

brown bomber

brown bomber
They should pay the fee it cost for us to do a records check.
you can't be serious...I was ticketed one time as a teenager, that was over 35 yrs. ago. If you can't remember or recall your driving infractions on a year to year basis, perhaps you lack the mental abilities pilot a commercial vehicle

Indecisi0n

you can't be serious...I was ticketed one time as a teenager, that was over 35 yrs. ago. If you can't remember or recall your driving infractions on a year to year basis, perhaps you lack the mental abilities pilot a commercial vehicle

I can't remember because I was drunk at the time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The white sticker inside the cab with the month and year punched out is the FMCSA Inspection sticker, sometimes we call it the "Fed". You would be in violation driving with it expired. Never seen a PMI sticker.

I have noticed that when the mechanics take my vehicle out of service for a PMI it comes back the next day with a new sticker---this is why I called it the PMI sticker.

over9five

Staff member
I would just go to the garage and get an up-to-date one on my way out of the building; takes all of a minute. However, I believe that is all part of safety, not to mention legality, so it's a no-brainer that one could refuse to comply (these let others know my vehicle is road-worthy). However, I think a supe or mgr would just tell you to stop by the shop to get a new copy.
I hope you will not be able to find a UPS mechanic who will just slap a new Federal inspection sticker on your vehicle without doing the inspection. He'd also have to lie on the paperwork that goes with the sticker. That's a lot of liability he would be taking onto himself.
Really, the only thing you can do is swap out your load to another PC.

It's always a good idea to write up your FMCSA sticker in your DVIR a week before it expires. Give your mechanic a heads up!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Unless you're getting tickets every month or so how in the hell can you not remember what tickets you've gotten. Come on people! I can remember my last ticket like it was yesterday and it was 10 years ago.

Same here... Maybe it was the Deputy's bad attitude over having to chase me and my riding buddies 10 miles before we even noticed him.

Buck Fifty

Back to the original post. We sign these every year. If you had a ticket in the last year you have to report it and you have to sign it. Who can't remember if you had a ticket in the last year? Pretend to forget and lose your job. Your call.

Didn't see anything off topic. Is there a mod job open or something ?