This is why you don't let the Old Guard run your local

LagunaBrown

Realbrown1 how much did you cost the local when you ran against them? Local elections are not cheap. Was it worth the 344 votes you got? The way I see it is a few thousand of that cost is yours. BTW - Didn't you say the local got your job back for you?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

LagunaBrown

Maybe you should try going to a general membership meeting and asking our Secretary Treasurer about issues before you post. Since you are an economist please tell everyone on this post about how much property the local owns or what has been going on at the local. Or would that be too fair?

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Realbrown1 how much did you cost the local when you ran against them? Local elections are not cheap. Was it worth the 344 votes you got? The way I see it is a few thousand of that cost is yours. BTW - Didn't you say the local got your job back for you?

Pinning a local's terrible financial situation on another slate running against the incumbents is some pretty weak :censored2: -- for the record.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Since you are an economist please tell everyone on this post about how much property the local owns or what has been going on at the local.

The property was reported on the 2013 LM-2 report that P. Kelly just filed with the Dept. of Labor. Even counting those properties, 952 is $221K in the hole.

If our local (952) were to close up shop and have to sell off all it's assets, they would end up still owing some $221,000.00.

You do understand this, don't you?

stink219

Gearing up for an election?

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

LagunaBrown

Pinning a local's terrible financial situation on another slate running against the incumbents is some pretty weak :censored2: -- for the record.
So are guys that air dirty laundry but never try to help or even engage the local to help.

LagunaBrown

The property was reported on the 2013 LM-2 report that P. Kelly just filed with the Dept. of Labor. Even counting those properties, 952 is $221K in the hole.

If our local (952) were to close up shop and have to sell off all it's assets, they would end up still owing some $221,000.00.

You do understand this, don't you?

Really.......Maybe you should do some research. The property is reported at the cost they originally bought it at. So an old local like ours is reporting cost of property value from before you were born. If they sold it it would be worth much more.

You do understand that don't you? You local leadership is will answer any questions you have. If you go to the next membership meeting I will ask with you brother. Just don't stand on the outside and cast stones .

Last edited:

Island

IBT should move in and bust it before the bankrupcy weakens the union strength at the local operations, not after. Especially if they are Hoffa boys. If Hoffa boys leave a trail of destruction then the membership in the area will naturally turn away.
When you are that far in the red and you keep on going, it's clear you have no intention of stopping before someone stops you. When the banks ran off with trillions, they kept going until they were stopped. And then we paid them more because congress is stupid. Anyway if you give a thief a nickel he will most definitely steal a dollar - reign it in, who even makes leashes that long, and so forth with statements of shame and disdain.

Island

So are guys that air dirty laundry but never try to help or even engage the local to help.
My local hall is Hoffa-aligned. When I make suggestions they laugh it off, and then strike it from the record as if it wasn't suggested in the first place, just because they're stubborn like that. My BA said to me one time that meetings aren't the place to talk about changes.

LagunaBrown

My local hall is Hoffa-aligned. When I make suggestions they laugh it off, and then strike it from the record as if it wasn't suggested in the first place, just because they're stubborn like that. My BA said to me one time that meetings aren't the place to talk about changes.

Our local is not like that. I think is good to check the LM-2 and question but it's only fair to address it with them first. You would want to be treated the same I'm sure. If the OP did that I would have no comment.

realbrown1

Really.......Maybe you should do some research. The property is reported at the cost they originally bought it at. So an old local like ours is reporting cost of property value from before you were born. If they sold it it would be worth much more.
Did you see how much they have in loans? $667,000.00. What do you think they used those loans for?

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

Did you see how much they have in loans? $667,000.00. What do you think they used those loans for?
Ok fair enough but again that is like one property. The local has a lot. Seriously bro go and talk to your Secretary Treasurer or an economist.

realbrown1

Ok fair enough but again that is like one property. The local has a lot. Seriously bro go and talk to your Secretary Treasurer or an economist.

Face it, they are overspending by a lot. Period. Our local has lost almost $1 million in the last 5 years.

That averages out to $200,000.00 more being spent than coming in.

And here you are defending P. Kelly and attacking me.

LagunaBrown

Face it, they are overspending by a lot. Period. Our local has lost almost $1 million in the last 5 years.

You really don't get it. If you want I will go hold your hand and ask him with you.

Stonefish

It would appear he is a little bitter because he lost and they got his job back. Now that's funny

stink219

Maybe they want to use Pope's guidelines for finances. However, one thing I did notice on the lm2's were a decline in membership by 1000 people. That's a big loss. There are many reasons for this, business closing, reductions in staffing, etc. But, to the OP, anytime you want to compare the finances of the majority of "The Old Guard" to the majority of "TDU Deformist" I'm game! You will easily find out that you will lose.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

LagunaBrown

This really is not about TDU it's about communication and process. Some posts needs context, information that gives historical background or the whole story. If the OP is active, goes to meetings and address the issues with our local I would be fine. But if you want a cookie because your the first to post an LM-2 on the internet then not so much. I agree it's red flag but tho be fair there is a lot of information left out of this post ( like properties, layoffs, membership decrease ect.). And that is my point. I know this stuff because I simply addressed this issue with our Secretary Treasurer. Just as every concerned member should. It's just suspicious when things are one sided and that goes for both the "TDU reform types" or the "Old Guard".

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
This really is not about TDU it's about communication and process. Some posts needs context, information that gives historical background or the whole story. If the OP is active, goes to meetings and address the issues with our local I would be fine. But if you want a cookie because your the first to post an LM-2 on the internet then not so much. I agree it's red flag but tho be fair there is a lot of information left out of this post ( like properties, layoffs, membership decrease ect.). And that is my point. I know this stuff because I simply addressed this issue with our Secretary Treasurer. Just as every concerned member should. It's just suspicious when things are one sided and that goes for both the "TDU reform types" or the "Old Guard".

You raise some good points; L952 had over 10,430 members in FY 2008. Losing almost 2,000 members over a 2-3 year period will have a serious impact on finances; but that was almost six years ago.

I know next to nothing about L952's membership, situation, or their finances (aside from the report), but the LM-2's show a heavily staffed local (including a full time maintenance guy on payroll) that's sliding in the red.