This might get interesting

bbsam

Staff member
The ones that say you're not "independent". This makes sense after the recent effort by FDX to distance itself from contractors. In other words, they are worried.

Now, please respond and tell me the ISP is legally bullet-proof like always.
ISP is not legally bullet proof. But that does not mean that if it is shown to be lacking that another model won't take it's place.

Are you really saying that ISP the next domino to fall? Because two things come to mind:

1. It still hasn't even been challenged.

2. 20 years to make it fall is not a domino falling; it's another generation taking it's place.

FedGT

ISP is not legally bullet proof. But that does not mean that if it is shown to be lacking that another model won't take it's place.

Are you really saying that ISP the next domino to fall? Because two things come to mind:

1. It still hasn't even been challenged.

2. 20 years to make it fall is not a domino falling; it's another generation taking it's place.

I would say that is more like rock erosion.

Bounty

It's being looked at more closely by the irs and the dept. of labor because of companies like lyft and uber(which are both more independent than you guys). If you have been working for fedex oops I mean contracting with fedex for anytime at all you know it's just a matter of time before they terminate an isps contract or screw one of you guys off enough to do something about it. The snowball is gaining speed!!!

FedGT

It's being looked at more closely by the irs and the dept. of labor because of companies like lyft and uber(which are both more independent than you guys). If you have been working for fedex oops I mean contracting with fedex for anytime at all you know it's just a matter of time before they terminate an isps contract or screw one of you guys off enough to do something about it. The snowball is gaining speed!!!

Screws one of us off?? Well that is one thing they haven't done to me yet. To my knowledge none of the guys I know have been screwed off. Couple pretty dirty contractors in my hub, they would see that as a huge perk.

Bounty

They are not too tasty, and you are not my enemy. Even though you seem to want to defend fedex at every turn. We can agree to disagree, I think it will be challenged and I know law makers are looking really close at independent contractor/employee classifications.

bbsam

Staff member
They are not too tasty, and you are not my enemy. Even though you seem to want to defend fedex at every turn. We can agree to disagree, I think it will be challenged and I know law makers are looking really close at independent contractor/employee classifications.
Just because I'm not running to get my pitch-fork does not mean I'm defending Fedex. It means I think this plan of attack is foolish.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just because I'm not running to get my pitch-fork does not mean I'm defending Fedex. It means I think this plan of attack is foolish.

I think he's right. The Feds are looking much more closely at employee classification. The ISP may hold-up, but don't count on it. Fred's business, Fred's show, and Fred's decisions. You are just there to make it all look legit.

bbsam

Staff member
I think he's right. The Feds are looking much more closely at employee classification. The ISP may hold-up, but don't count on it. Fred's business, Fred's show, and Fred's decisions. You are just there to make it all look legit.
Other models that the feds are looking at are.going down because of tax and regulatory compliance issues. FDX has done a very good.job of that with Ground in the past decade.

Bounty

Am I the one missing something? Or could it be you? To stay alive in this scam for all the time you've been at fedex you had to do whatever they said for a long time(I know you did not sign the last addendum, you rebel) but just don't follow them over they edge.

bbsam

Staff member
Am I the one missing something? Or could it be you? To stay alive in this scam for all the time you've been at fedex you had to do whatever they said for a long time(I know you did not sign the last addendum, you rebel) but just don't follow them over they edge.
I do enough so that they leave me alone but 90% of the time it's just not that intrusive.

Bounty

I can rattle off about ten things in the contract that are well over whatever degree of control you are talking about.