Thoughts of your local...

ogrelord

Ground Down
local 385 in Orlando is the pits. 12 years my local sort has gone with a steward and this is the presidents plan. fair and equal treatment my foot.

Ron Carey lives on

Your local is only as strong as the members, members can produce as much or more than the local officials, sometimes you have to let them know they could easily be replaced. That being said, involvement, being proud to be union is the organizing tool you have. People see a tight local and say " I want that". Go to your meetings, read your contract and be proactive

Sent using BrownCafe App

icinonthecupcake

I live in Ga and I am new to to this sight. I have been with ups for 10 years, everytime I have ever went to union they always tell me that I should hire a lawyer. My insurance premium seldom gets paid by ups. They have messed up my insurance 13 times in the last year. &it has lately come to my attention that my union Stewart is working with my sort manager & my grievances seem to always disappear. I am so tired of getting bullied but I am losing hope.

2hoursover

My local lies just like the rest of the hoffa supporting locals! They lied about the healthcare and contract!
Wake up ppl and see the lies!

HardknocksUPSer

I would like to hear from the RTW folks. What are those locals doing or not doing to attract membership?
I'm in a RTW state unfortunately, however to Answer your question, it's typically the shop Stewart who asks the new hires if they would like to join after their 30 day probation, other than that I do see the local representative come in a couple of times a year.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our local absorbed a smaller one last year and some of us ended up with the BAs from there. The buildings they came from were extended centers so maybe us extended centers can finally get the equal representation that we should have always been getting. Kinda exciting.

T

Turdferguson

Are local SUCKS. They LOVE THE BACK ROOM DEALS..
giphy.gif