Thoughts on these things being tested?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Posted awhile back about UPS trying white trucks, our center has 4-6 I think. Along with this they are also testing some newer things in classic brown colored trucks.

Heated seats, vented seats (slit is in the headrest) not much airflow from what I can tell. Two fans in the cab, along with one or two (couple package cars have one, others have 2) larger fans in the back pointing upwards, along with vented bulkhead door (even has a filter). Also the lights in the back are MUCH brighter and motion activated, so you basically leave them on the whole time.

Any questions, I can try to answer, buddy of mine is driving one of these.
D3B14F06-425F-463F-BF72-30DEFF45032A.jpeg
EAF14E84-B657-42E7-AD74-695D3B87A889.jpeg
4B01B762-D116-4DC1-9D58-CFC2A608C45A.jpeg
CE12A925-B482-4EAB-9BF5-5D357E54D7DD.jpeg
27C1D22C-1EA2-49CB-9528-FA421BECF4E2.jpeg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Posted awhile back about UPS trying white trucks, our center has 4-6 I think. Along with this they are also testing some newer things in classic brown colored trucks.

Heated seats, vented seats (slit is in the headrest) not much airflow from what I can tell. Two fans in the cab, along with one or two (couple package cars have one, others have 2) larger fans in the back pointing upwards, along with vented bulkhead door (even has a filter). Also the lights in the back are MUCH brighter and motion activated, so you basically leave them on the whole time.

View attachment 382426View attachment 382425View attachment 382423View attachment 382422View attachment 382424
Fans and vents in back along with better lighting is big.

Johney

What kind of vent is on the roof for the fan? Can water get to it easily? I see that thing lasting about a month.

Johney

They don’t make things to withstand the abuse they will get on those trucks.
Right. I can already see the power wires getting jacked the first time they bulk out the car. How many times is a mechanic going to fix that before he tears it out and says parts on order. I guess at least they're making a effort.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
How about refrigeration units for the back. Lol
With the amount of money UPS spent putting cameras in every car and tractor, I would be pissed driving around in a package car without some sort of air conditioning in the cargo area. Funny how money is of no importance when it comes to watching your every movement but when it comes to your safety, that’s when they cheap out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

View attachment 382426View attachment 382425View attachment 382423View attachment 382422View attachment 382424
Word on the street is the white ones are rentals or leased any truth to this?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Word on the street is the white ones are rentals or leased any truth to this?
Can’t speak to if they are bought or not, but they are set up just like normal package cars, painted white on the hood and I think the back portion is a wrap, but don’t quote me on it, I’ll ask around. We have 6 in the lineup I think right now, going out like normal.