Time sheet

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by smellit, Oct 15, 2016 at 9:29 PM.

1. smellit

smellit New Member

If I drive 950 and scratch the route -145.. what are my hours/pay for the day?

Sorry.. it kind of confuses me a bit. Trying to keep track of my hours daily so I'm not shorted $$$.
  2. KingofFluff

KingofFluff Well-Known Member

You drive for 9.5 hours, you get paid for 9.5 hours. 8 hours will be straight time. Hour and a half at time and a half.

Good luck. Hope this helps. _p.s. stop running.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

Yeah -145 is way under. The only one shorting you $$$ is yourself.
  4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

You need to take an hour for lunch like the rest of us.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Holy *

I've been driving for ten years and I still don't know what you guys are talking about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Unless it's a bonus center.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This may surprise you but it is possible to take a full lunch and be an hour or more under.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  8. StoptheAct1212

StoptheAct1212 Active Member

It means you worked and get paid 8.5 hours.
    Plus another hour and a halfish of straight time of bonus, but i doubt you get any bonus because you seem to be new, with this question.
    And by what Bozo said, if u take your lunch, you actually make more money, but less bonus.... but do what u want...
  9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

No lunch?
  10. smellit

smellit New Member

I just made up numbers to get an understanding of how the time works. My center is a bonus center too. That wasn't my actual time tho. Sorry for not clarifying that.
  11. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

1.5 paid at time and 1/2 for OT. Anything over 8 hr is OT and paid time and half for your -1.45.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

If he is in a bonus center he would also be paid for the -1.45.
  13. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Yea at time and 1/2 I put in the post. Also when figuring out your hrs make sure u factor in your break at 2.5 HR for the week. They take it out whether u take it or not
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

He would receive 8 hours at straight time, 1.5 hours of OT plus 1.45 hours of bonus, which is normally paid at straight time, for a total paid day of 10.95 hours.
  15. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Oh we are paid bonus at time and 1/2 at our center
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

8 hours straight.

2.95 hours OT.
  17. smellit

smellit New Member

Ok. So every 100 ticks is 1 hour corrrct? So 50 ticks is half hour. So every 1 tick on the time sheet is 0.6 time worked?

Anything over 800 is time and a half.

So if I had 930 which means 1.3 overtime I would be paid for an hour and 18 minutes of time and a half correct?
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

They are called clicks and, yes, if you worked 9.30 hours you would receive 8 hours at straight time and 1.3 hours of OT. Your lunch and unpaid breaks would be deducted from the 9.30.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016 at 7:06 AM
  19. smellit

smellit New Member

I usually punch in my paid breaks by going to other work, little v (paidbreak) and doing it by that. But then don't take any of my unpaid breaks. Is that not good? Should I be taking the unpaid break as well? Benefits to that?
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

Are you paid to sit and eat your lunch?