Time to get into shape or eat better?

moreluck

golden ticket member
cfa9a200f8bb0e590a83b4607f1be70f.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Remember any of you that are thinking oh Summer is a long way off I have plenty of time. You don't. Beach bodies are made in January Feburary and march.

Waiting til May and then going at it like a wild banshee won't do you any good.
I never understood people with that mindset. So they're okay with looking like sh* the rest of the year?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They definitely seem to target people who just want to feel good about the fact that they go to a gym without necessarily putting in the work or actually getting the results.
A lot of their shtick seems annoying like the "lunk alarm", etc. All that really matters though is if you can get your workout done with the equipment they have. I train at a Gold's and I like it fine, but if PF has everything I want for half the price I might take my business down the street.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A lot of their shtick seems annoying like the "lunk alarm", etc. All that really matters though is if you can get your workout done with the equipment they have. I train at a Gold's and I like it fine, but if PF has everything I want for half the price I might take my business down the street.
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/planet-fitness-is-not-a-gym

This is the crap that goes on at PF everywhere. They are just one of the many problems of the give everyone. Trophy society we have.

I might give golds a chance to price match if I were you.

Brownslave688

Pull-ups on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Run, push-ups and back exercises Tuesday and Thursday.

I'm slim by nature; I'm trying to get stronger.
You won't get much stronger doing only body weight stuff.

What back exercises are you doing be use pull ups are one of the best back exercises you can do.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/planet-fitness-is-not-a-gym

This is the crap that goes on at PF everywhere. They are just one of the many problems of the give everyone. Trophy society we have.

I might give golds a chance to price match if I were you.
Well, if their db's really only go up to 80 that's a problem right there. I don't care about a lot of the other stuff because I'm just there to get my workout, I don't talk to anybody, don't need training advice, not paying for any extras. But they do have to have the equipment.

BrownRoosterBrownBull

I bleed brown
You won't get much stronger doing only body weight stuff.

What back exercises are you doing be use pull ups are one of the best back exercises you can do.

Can't lift weights. I already ruined my back.

I'm not trying to be a body builder. I only want to be stronger with respect to my own body weight and size.

If I'm doing more pull-ups now than when I started exercising, I think I'm getting stronger. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I don't know what the back exercises I do are called. I got them from a book, "The Multifidus Back Pain Solution". The book calls it multifidus-strengthening exercise #4.

Its like a reverse leg lift. While lying on your stomach, raise a leg six inches off the ground for a max. of 2 min.

Brownslave688

That is one big misconception.
Wut?

That guys core strength was stupid. I'll give him that. However I saw him use a band while he was doing push-ups and I'll bet he does weighted pull ups.

Listen body weight exercises are great but there's a fairly low limit as to what they can achieve alone.