Time to get into shape or eat better?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can't lift weights. I already ruined my back.

I'm not trying to be a body builder. I only want to be stronger with respect to my own body weight and size.

If I'm doing more pull-ups now than when I started exercising, I think I'm getting stronger. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I don't know what the back exercises I do are called. I got them from a book, "The Multifidus Back Pain Solution". The book calls it multifidus-strengthening exercise #4.

Its like a reverse leg lift. While lying on your stomach, raise a leg six inches off the ground for a max. of 2 min.
That's called the superman I do believe.

We have pretty good insurance have you had your back looked at? What's actually wrong with it?

MAKAVELI

Wut?

That guys core strength was stupid. I'll give him that. However I saw him use a band while he was doing push-ups and I'll bet he does weighted pull ups.

Listen body weight exercises are great but there's a fairly low limit as to what they can achieve alone.
The only limit is the one you put on yourself, as this dude is proof. You will never see someone who only lifts weights do what he can. Body weight exercises don't just concentrate on a specific group of muscles. They strengthen and condition every muscle in the body.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The only limit is the one you put on yourself, as this dude is proof. You will never see someone who only lifts weights do what he can. Body weight exercises don't just concentrate on a specific group of muscles. They strengthen and condition every muscle in the body.
There is a very specific body type that can do what this guy does. He's essentially a male gymnast. It's a different type of strength. You really can't compare the two at all.