Tips on working the box line?

snarts

Today was my second day of working as a preloader. I'm currently working in the box line and was told by my supervisor that I did alright but that I am a bit behind where she wants me to be. Does anyone have any advice on how to load the packages quicker?

km3

I did that for the first time today, myself. They're moving me to unload tomorrow, though.

I agree with the advice already given: Give it some time.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
no matter how quick you go it will NEVER be fast enough for the bosses.

work at a safe pace and use the methods they have trained you with.

when they tell you something like " you need to go faster " or something similar , ask them to demonstrate. it is possible that will help.

and always say something like " I am doing the best I can ."

you will probably be all right if you are.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

when they tell you something like " you need to go faster " or something similar , ask them to demonstrate. it is possible that will help.

Were you once a preloader too?

MendozaJ

Get rid of the largest packages first. When you get to the smaller stuff, you should be able to pick through them two at a time (unless you have only one hand), keeping the like colors together.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I used to sort my packages in the bid on one turn and on the next turn they would already be in stacks to go to each truck so I could just grab them and walk into that truck and load, Like @MendozaJ said, get rid of the bigger stuff first and make some room in the bins. Then make yourself some piles for each truck and load away.

wayfair

swollen member

You have NO clue what op is talking about....
Did QVC shut off again?

El Correcto

god is dead
Today was my second day of working as a preloader. I'm currently working in the box line and was told by my supervisor that I did alright but that I am a bit behind where she wants me to be. Does anyone have any advice on how to load the packages quicker?
My advice would be not to care, avoid PT supervisor positions and sign every bid sheet they put up for driving. Stay honest, stay safe and show up on time you got the job.

wayfair

swollen member
Boxline loading is a job I've done, waaay before pal labels, you actually had to know what went in what box, then manage how it fit because the boxlines get Full... My advice it since you know where every package is going, try fitting it in the box so you'll always have space for future packages

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm guessing you don't work in a hub. Probably a smaller building where everyone is backed on to a belt.

The only box line I ever saw was in a neighboring center that was even smaller than ours. Does UPS even build them any more?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
My center is the busiest in our area...idk how it measures up size wise...not really sure...are those things by the package cars or are they by the trailers in the back? I never worked unload during pre load