To the ISPs

bbsam

Staff member
It's the same contract for all of us, you took that crap, and did like you were told or you would not still be there.
Negative. Maybe you could be specific about what they said. My operation has been largely the same in 15 years. Occasionally they ask for certain verifications but it's nothing I haven't been doing all along. Paying as employees rather than subcontractors, everify, tax records, etc. It's a phone call to the accountant and a couple signatures. No biggie.

bbsam

Staff member
Hmmm. We have a meeting tomorrow. Never put much thought to them. What's the earth shattering news this time?

FedGT

Are you talking about re-upping the contract??
Signing addendums yearly?
If that is what you are talking about, yeah I have signed my contracts every year to stay contracting with them. Not once has management told me anything beyond where to sign after looking over the document.

bbsam

Staff member
Bbsam, I guess if I was you I would defending this scam too, your in it for the long haul and the big $ when you sell.
I am, but there's nothing to defend. I understand it didn't work out for you but it really isn't for everyone.

Bounty

Your right, and I really hope no ISP or contractor loses and I do really mean that. The contractors I worked with are the hardest working guys I know. Let's say the majority of my terminal were singles and serviced their areas well and now are being thrown out for doing nothing wrong except following the hundreds of rule changes fedex threw at them.

bbsam

Staff member
Your right, and I really hope no ISP or contractor loses and I do really mean that. The contractors I worked with are the hardest working guys I know. Let's say the majority of my terminal were singles and serviced their areas well and now are being thrown out for doing nothing wrong except following the hundreds of rule changes fedex threw at them.
Well I'm guessing that is one of the unintended consequences of the lawsuits over the years. I'm sure everyone thought they'd force FDX to abandon the use of contractors. That was never going to happen and Lawyers should have made that very clear to their clients. It is far.too profitable and the law to vague to back FDX into that corner.

Bounty

Well I'm guessing that is one of the unintended consequences of the lawsuits over the years. I'm sure everyone thought they'd force FDX to abandon the use of contractors. That was never going to happen and Lawyers should have made that very clear to their clients. It is far.too profitable and the law to vague to back FDX into that corner.
It's over for me, but I really think ISP will be challenged. May take years, but fedex's goal is to control how things are done and they will push and push until they step over the line again.

bbsam

Staff member
It's over for me, but I really think ISP will be challenged. May take years, but fedex's goal is to control how things are done and they will push and push until they step over the line again.
And when they step over the line, they will be challenged and they will step back and add an addendum to the contract. They are well versed in a very vague and permissive law.

Bounty

And when they step over the line, they will be challenged and they will step back and add an addendum to the contract. They are well versed in a very vague and permissive law.
Do you think that there will ever be an addendum you would not sign.