To the ISPs

Bounty

Don't you guys see that all this bs of I can't sell this, I can't split this is exactly why YOU OWN NOTHING. Wake up. All you guys will be holding a bag of you no what at the end of this!!! Be careful.

Crozz

If your state hasn't flipped to ISP your best bet is to horse trade and get to scale before it get to the point of having to do it. That way your focus when it flips is scaling out in your terminal. More area you have the better the return as an investor. I'm set right now in my area with no other contractors and I'm running close to 1700 stops daily. 1200 stops in one terminal and 500 in another.

FedGT

If your state hasn't flipped to ISP your best bet is to horse trade and get to scale before it get to the point of having to do it. That way your focus when it flips is scaling out in your terminal. More area you have the better the return as an investor. I'm set right now in my area with no other contractors and I'm running close to 1700 stops daily. 1200 stops in one terminal and 500 in another.

DAMN. how many stops before the transition? Also just out of curiosity if you are running ground and hd how many supervisors/ managers do you run? Do you ratio 4:1 or something?

sadmanhere

how do they feel about making scale in a terminal but with zip codes that don't geographical touch?
and do you think all buildings will turn co location soon ?

Crozz

DAMN. how many stops before the transition? Also just out of curiosity if you are running ground and hd how many supervisors/ managers do you run? Do you ratio 4:1 or something?
I'm not ISP I'm still IC I've just been building my stock up for the past 8 years. I have a 5:1 ratio with IC And a manger for every 15.

Crozz

how do they feel about making scale in a terminal but with zip codes that don't geographical touch?
and do you think all buildings will turn co location soon ?
It's not really about the zip it's about the area. Two could be in the same zip as long as you own both HD and Ground. Like a split zip

sadmanhere

i was thinking of having a frankenstein .and adding all the singles to me for a fee. but on the map it would be all over the place

Crozz

Np I want the model to work and we need all contractors to work together to make this work. ISP isn't perfect but at least it's a start for multiple route contractors. The IC model is broke and is designed for one man one truck. My company is going 33% year over year what company get to say that.

FedGT

Not too many that I know of. I have grown roughly 40% in two years, granted I am half the size of you but I'll take that as a win all day long. Maybe I can be fortunate enough for 33% year over year in the near future.

Crozz

I'm growing 3-4 trucks year over year in IC terms bad because we all know sups lose money. But with that growth in ISP at least I will get to show my numbers and what it cost to run. I've been keeping track of all my numbers and growth the past 3 years. This last quarter I grew 24% over last year and this is suppose to be our light months. I have route coordinators and mangers that love what I have created because they have an opportunity that they wouldn't have had at express and ups. Those guys are you and go getters. Bad contractors give bad reps and it's a shame. I wish Pittsburgh would send up good contractors to talk and discuss what needs to be done. If it was for our drivers none of us would be where we are now. But it also takes good contractors to build the corporation up to great standards. In time their will be more contractor/business owners that run it legit.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm growing 3-4 trucks year over year in IC terms bad because we all know sups lose money. But with that growth in ISP at least I will get to show my numbers and what it cost to run. I've been keeping track of all my numbers and growth the past 3 years. This last quarter I grew 24% over last year and this is suppose to be our light months. I have route coordinators and mangers that love what I have created because they have an opportunity that they wouldn't have had at express and ups. Those guys are you and go getters. Bad contractors give bad reps and it's a shame. I wish Pittsburgh would send up good contractors to talk and discuss what needs to be done. If it was for our drivers none of us would be where we are now. But it also takes good contractors to build the corporation up to great standards. In time their will be more contractor/business owners that run it legit.
SupplementAlso suck in transition.