To the ISPs

bbsam

Staff member
Omg

I see that many times... Then I make the argument that we are loading our vans for free & I don't get paid unless my wheels are turning & my boxes are at their destinations... I give the managers a 15 min time span to find that one or 3 mid sorted box and go get my paperwork, uniform, ice/water, free coffee from the meeting room...then I'll demand to close the route so I can roll

Now, if I'm being paid by the hour, I'll hang around and wait for that one box!
We have a guy that runs HD under Ground so he doesn't have to wait on that crap.

Bounty

Doors have been locked in my terminal, Cjinx, your full of it. Home delivery guys tell me how they can't leave until x lets them. Pre trips. Haha. Never seen one done.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No wonder you're so bitter, you got to work at a crappy hub with crappy management

But, some of your points are spot-on

M I Indy

[QUOTE="CJinx, post: 1767057, member: 3707
Easy to say when it's not your property.

Ah, now we are getting to the crux of the matter. Are you truly independent when you must conduct work on your employers (customer) property every business day? Why doesn't X drop the boxes to you individual contractors at your business address? Then you can make a business decision on how to sort your packages, set your ramp, lock the terminal,etc. Instead, X does it the same way it has always been done, since Federal Express of the 70's. Which is X's normal course of doing business......with employees.

CJinx

Ah, now we are getting to the crux of the matter. Are you truly independent when you must conduct work on your employers (customer) property every business day? Why doesn't X drop the boxes to you individual contractors at your business address? Then you can make a business decision on how to sort your packages, set your ramp, lock the terminal,etc. Instead, X does it the same way it has always been done, since Federal Express of the 70's. Which is X's normal course of doing business......with employees.
The property I was referring to was his contractor's vehicle that he claimed he was going to park in front of a bay door and then drop the keys down a storm drain or stash them somewhere. I'd wager that the contractor would take exception to their employee using the truck in this manner.

As for the meat of your post; the number of variables involved would make that idea unfeasible.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Look, i see what Indy is trying to portray. We fronline drivers have to go by FXs rules for the p&d operations, which sorta makes us defacto employees. Plastering their corp name on the side of a truck or wearing those silly subcontractor patches only adds to the confusion

I consider the subcontractors "the middlemen" since they take the brunt of the operating expenses & due to their nondisclosure clauses, they can't really discuss how much of the pie they're getting to micromanage their section of zip codes

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Well, no. Some of us are profitable.
According to my "boss" (I say the term boss without hardly meaning it because he's an idiot) I make more than he does. He's an idiot. I've broken down more times than I can count. Vehicles maintenance is severely neglected. When I leave, he's not even getting a minutes notice. He'll figure out I'm not coming back when the truck isn't loaded (for free) at 8 AM and I'm nowhere to be found.

OUMick

According to my "boss" (I say the term boss without hardly meaning it because he's an idiot) I make more than he does. He's an idiot. I've broken down more times than I can count. Vehicles maintenance is severely neglected. When I leave, he's not even getting a minutes notice. He'll figure out I'm not coming back when the truck isn't loaded (for free) at 8 AM and I'm nowhere to be found.

Wow you need to get a job that someone didn't force you to take. I can't believe they made you come do your job without your consent. I would stick it to them too, if I was in your circumstance.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Well, no. Some of us are profitable.
Wow you need to get a job that someone didn't force you to take. I can't believe they made you come do your job without your consent. I would stick it to them too, if I was in your circumstance.

Go :censored2: your self. I stay for the same reason every "employee" of fedex stays. Because of family obligations. I was lured in believing one thing and dealt another.