To the ISPs

FedGT

Btw I am enjoying all the information, thanks to all of the contributors.
Not sure what to think of the Holy War or how we got there seems pretty far from where we started

bbsam

Staff member
Btw I am enjoying all the information, thanks to all of the contributors.
Not sure what to think of the Holy War or how we got there seems pretty far from where we started
It's nothing. Just happens from time to time. Ignore it or don't according to your wishes.

Bounty

Until you get the benefits that employees get. You are just a manager carrying out fedex rules. I did it for years but I was always aware of what I was. It was always a job I might be able to sell nothing more. It was just a matter of time with the ic model because of lawyers but as you see they had to change, maybe this time you happened to be on the right side of the bs, just be careful dumping loads of money into this. Contracts are to short for major $ investment.

dvalleyjim

if you could give me some information (if it isn't confidential anyways) I would appreciate it. I have a general knowledge of the transition but I have heard a few different interpretations on a couple parts. I have over the 5 PSA criteria so theoretically I am "safe". I have been told that there are no two contractors in the same zip, if that is true how does it work with bulk trucks that have stops in your area? Are they dissolved, are you encouraged to trade, etc.
Also if the above mentioned is correct how is it "really" determined who services a set zip code in regards to two contractors (Ground/HD) that are currently in the same zip code.
My main question is what is the definition of safe, because I highly doubt I will be able to keep all my 5 zip codes and be "given" all the HD work there too. If the HD guy doesn't want to be bought out or trade, who from you guys experience is normally awarded the contracts to the area?

I have heard nothing that my state is going to that model but I do want to educate myself so I know what my options are and what to anticipate when ever it does.
There's no difference really. FedEx owns the accounts and gives you the boxes. You deliver them and get paid pennies on the dollar. They still have total control over who you hire, when to fire them and how much you make. Go for it!

Also don't forget the amount they save by using you as free loaders.

bbsam

Staff member
There's no difference really. FedEx owns the accounts and gives you the boxes. You deliver them and get paid pennies on the dollar. They still have total control over who you hire, when to fire them and how much you make. Go for it!

Also don't forget the amount they save by using you as free loaders.
Somebody sounds bitter.

FedGT

Until you get the benefits that employees get. You are just a manager carrying out fedex rules. I did it for years but I was always aware of what I was. It was always a job I might be able to sell nothing more. It was just a matter of time with the ic model because of lawyers but as you see they had to change, maybe this time you happened to be on the right side of the bs, just be careful dumping loads of money into this. Contracts are to short for major $ investment.

Not trying to be condescending on this one but that doesn't make any sense. "Until I get benefits that employees get"????
I don't want benefits that employees get, I don't want to run a single route, I don't want to not have employees. I dispatch many employees while I go out, touch base with potential new pickups, talk to my regular high volume pickups, do accounting, run trucks to shops or pick them up, make sure my employees are doing well, analyze routes and settlements to get the highest thresholds I can on given days, etc.

We are going to constantly be on the right side. You would think the same way if you were up to scale and not scorned because of the situation. Every person that does not have the opportunity to grow is going to come on and say the same thing but fact of the matter is there are becoming more and more people owning routes like myself, BB, Crozz, etc that own well over the majority of routes. We have no interest to sue FedEx. That is something I will never understand why individuals like you think that it is just a matter of time. When the time comes in a few years when 80%+ of ISPs are all owned 100% by single individuals do you really think we are going to file suits to want to become employees and the model will fall?

Crozz

What is the difference in Fedex and owning Taco Bell, KFC, or McDonald's? Absolutely nothing same concept we own territory's and have to abide by a standard contract and follow rules. Same with employees we know we can't pay the same as Express and UPS. Just like those franchise I find studs and promote them to mangers and route coordinators and the other I'm just a reference for the next adventure.

MAKAVELI

What is the difference in Fedex and owning Taco Bell, KFC, or McDonald's? Absolutely nothing same concept we own territory's and have to abide by a standard contract and follow rules. Same with employees we know we can't pay the same as Express and UPS. Just like those franchise I find studs and promote them to mangers and route coordinators and the other I'm just a reference for the next adventure.
You don't own territories. The only thing you own are your trucks.

FedGT

We own territories. Don't go out of your way to screw up and you won't be forced to sell. If I can buy zips and sell zips under contracts, I own and service them. Don't really care what anyone else says about it. You can't buy or sell something you don't own, very basic principle.

Last edited:

Crozz

You don't own territories. The only thing you own are your trucks.
Lmao that comment show how much you really know about the contract unless I am not abiding by my contract nobody can come into my territory. 95% of the area I own I have home and ground. I have 48% in one terminal and 10% in another not once in 8 years have I lost the territory or been up for review. Just like McDonald's if I wasn't selling their product do you think they would allow me to continue being a partner with them. Good contractors see Fedex as a partnership. Trust me it's not perfect I get that lots need to be fixed and in time it will be.

MAKAVELI

Again, you don't " own " anything but your trucks. Please show where in your contract it states you OWN a territory.

FedGT

Go to your local ground terminal and see if management will give you one.

Also you can pickup an "asset transfer agreement" which is what is filled out when you buy and sell an area.

Here is a definition for you: asset: property owned by a person or company, regarded as having value and available to meet debts, commitments, or legacies.

STFXG

And what does it say?
That we own "proprietary interest" in our area and if fedex decides to move stuff to someone else they can. I've seen plenty of large pickups get moved to linehaul when a contractor was still capable of servicing it. Or they can shift volume somewhere else by creating a new service (home delivery, smart post).

You're right. We own trucks... And some raggedy uniforms. ;)

Crozz

If that happened their was more to it. If you have a pick up that is large and you can service it they can not take it unless u release it. If that happen then somebody didn't know their contract. Ground they cannot take territory away that's false. HD is the only contract you only own one zip and it your covering it they can not just take it away without you agreeing or not making service. Sounds like your terminal has contractors and mangers running wild.

FedGT

If that happened their was more to it. If you have a pick up that is large and you can service it they can not take it unless u release it. If that happen then somebody didn't know their contract. Ground they cannot take territory away that's false. HD is the only contract you only own one zip and it your covering it they can not just take it away without you agreeing or not making service. Sounds like your terminal has contractors and mangers running wild.

Agree. No addendum 4 for HD from what I understand either. I am talking about ground contracts only I do not have any experience with HD so my knowledge is limited there.
They can only move pickups if one- contractor is not able to service it and request to give it up or two- fedex compensates the contractor to move it to a spot trailer.

I gave up a stop on my own request because it was filling my entire bulk truck with 100 boxes and taking over 45 min to an hour to load the gigantic boxes 5'x3' 135 lbs boxes

Last edited: