To the ISPs

MAKAVELI

If that happened their was more to it. If you have a pick up that is large and you can service it they can not take it unless u release it. If that happen then somebody didn't know their contract. Ground they cannot take territory away that's false. HD is the only contract you only own one zip and it your covering it they can not just take it away without you agreeing or not making service. Sounds like your terminal has contractors and mangers running wild.
Let me ask you this. What would you do if FedEx did this to you?

Crozz

I have 10 HD contracts never in two terminals did somebody just lose an area. Many things can happen they have grown to big and didn't want to add a sup, don't make service, or agree to restructure to get a PSA in the terminal. Again not knowing your contract and letting managers and other contractor bully you is a business flaw in yourself.

Crozz

Doesn't matter who they work for relations is set up for mediation between u and a manger. He is their to guide and make sure that the manager is conducting legally. If you know your contract and know your doing right and you don't have their support then that's what your MD is for.

STFXG

How many of you were around when HD first started and they pulled the volume from Ground? I'm sure you know how much volume you've lost to SmartPost?

Sure, you own a defined area for a particular service. What if FedEx decided to start another service called "FedEx Ground Select" that offered all regional shipments within the ground network with either an overnight or 2-day guarantee? They could contract that specific service out to new "entities" and you'd lose a significant amount of your volume... Again.

And like FedEx GT said, they can put a trailer on your pickup and pay you pennies on the dollar. We don't own anything but some trucks.

STFXG

I've also seen HD areas taken from contractors that service multiple zip codes. You only own that one zip. The rest is up for grabs and can be taken and reassigned as they wish.

STFXG

We have contract relations and if isn't doing his job then you have to go to your MD. If you don't know your MD or both contract relation info then you failed as a contractor.

Why is that? I've never once talked to an MD and have only corresponded with contractor relations a handful of times. You've failed as a contractor if you're able to work things out at the terminal level? But then again I've had great SMs that know the line and only push those who allow it. Nearly every disagreement can be hashed out with a closed door argument.

Let me guess... You believe the RFI process is there for a fair way to evaluate who the best fit is for an open PSA? You're really bleeding green...

bbsam

Staff member
Why is that? I've never once talked to an MD and have only corresponded with contractor relations a handful of times. You've failed as a contractor if you're able to work things out at the terminal level? But then again I've had great SMs that know the line and only push those who allow it. Nearly every disagreement can be hashed out with a closed door argument.

Let me guess... You believe the RFI process is there for a fair way to evaluate who the best fit is for an open PSA? You're really bleeding green...
Why do you believe the RFI is there?

Bounty

Scorned? Yes a little. Like I said I will be moving on. My advice would be pump it up and dump it, don't be the last one left in this pyramid scheme. If I was close to scale I would probably go for it too but only to sell it in a year or two. Good luck!

STFXG

Why do you believe the RFI is there?
So when they give out a contract they can say there was no favoritism. I know one instance when the RFI submission period had closed on an open PSA (new growth opportunity) and FedEx approached two SWA contractors and told them they need to submit an RFI because they had the most dense areas. Basically told them the contract was there's if they submitted something that day. It's just another way to wiggle out of lawsuits.

Crozz

No way if it closed it closed they don't reopen it. Most everyone cries because of not getting some rumors that's all.

FedGT

I personally believe an RFI is helpful and a well written plan could be the difference between two close entities. By no means what so ever is that the reason someone will get a PSA. If you are going out of your way to argue and fight with them, flat out you are not getting a PSA. If you do what you are supposed to, available for extra work when FedEx or other contractors screw up, be ahead on safety technology, have large enough supplemental a that it warrants one and I can almost guarantee you will get a PSA. That's what I did and I have received one over the past year.