To the more intelligent than I guys.

Ouch

Looks like I will be getting disability from an on the job injury. I was injured 1-2012. My restrictions will not allow me to return to UPS. I have 6 years of part time and and 9 years of full time service. If I do receive disability, I know some of this depends on law, but will I be able to draw any retirement from UPS with the years I've listed? Im going to the hall on Monday and talk to my BA and see what I can come up with. Just checking to see if anyone has gone thru this or may know someone that has. Thanks, yall have a great one.

over9five

Staff member
You have enough years, so you are vested. You will receive something at retirement. Make sure you get a withdrawal card.
​Good luck.

Looks like I will be getting disability from an on the job injury. I was injured 1-2012. My restrictions will not allow me to return to UPS. I have 6 years of part time and and 9 years of full time service. If I do receive disability, I know some of this depends on law, but will I be able to draw any retirement from UPS with the years I've listed? Im going to the hall on Monday and talk to my BA and see what I can come up with. Just checking to see if anyone has gone thru this or may know someone that has. Thanks, yall have a great one.
Your ba should know or be able to find it all out for you. Good luck in Your new adventures.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You get yourself lawyer yet? Did you google lawyers who have won lawasuits against ups? Don't be a sucker and just settle for chump change. Don't back down and just settle. Tell ups your going to the news papers, radio stations and local tv stations to expose them if they try and screw you. They will try and screw you if they can.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Have you checked into an ADA accommodation ?

If your restrictions prevent you from returning to your previous position, it could be an option. Talk with your BA.

From the years of service listed, you would be vested.... But, won't be able to receive any payments until you reach "normal"

retirement age. The plan description would be the place to start. Good luck.

​-Bug-

Ouch

Have you checked into an ADA accommodation ?

If your restrictions prevent you from returning to your previous position, it could be an option. Talk with your BA.

From the years of service listed, you would be vested.... But, won't be able to receive any payments until you reach "normal"

retirement age. The plan description would be the place to start. Good luck.

​-Bug-

The ada is a joke. Ups has been using the ada to put people off for years. They know they will not create a job for you cause everything thing they create has to be bid on. I have a friend that went the ada route and they have said for 2 years they are trying to find a position for him knowing it will never happen but it keeps the company from having to settle with him. Our law states shall be returned to meaningful employment in a timely matter or terminated. I do have a good lawyer that convinced me the ada is just a tool the company uses to put you off. Ada is not a mandatory thing you have to do and was originally set up to make sure that the job you are doing is within your guudlines. My buddy has learned this the hard way since he hasn't been paid in 2 years since reaching mmi.

Ouch

You get yourself lawyer yet? Did you google lawyers who have won lawasuits against ups? Don't be a sucker and just settle for chump change. Don't back down and just settle. Tell ups your going to the news papers, radio stations and local tv stations to expose them if they try and screw you. They will try and screw you if they can.

I have a great lawyer that knows the workers comp laws backwards and forwards. You are giving the best advise to evdrybody when you tell them to get a lawyer. You would not believe what I have been told by the company. Im still employed and still a steward, they are just trying to starve me out. What they dont realize is my wife is an RN and has just got a job with the corporate hospital office and is making $50 an hour. We live well within our means so I can wait lol lol lol. Some on the other hand are not as fortunate, and lose everything. UPS doesnt give a crap about anybody. We are just numbers on a board.

Overpaid Union Thug

You were part time only six years in the WC hub? That's amazing!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The ada is a joke. Ups has been using the ada to put people off for years. They know they will not create a job for you cause everything thing they create has to be bid on. I have a friend that went the ada route and they have said for 2 years they are trying to find a position for him knowing it will never happen but it keeps the company from having to settle with him. Our law states shall be returned to meaningful employment in a timely matter or terminated. I do have a good lawyer that convinced me the ada is just a tool the company uses to put you off. Ada is not a mandatory thing you have to do and was originally set up to make sure that the job you are doing is within your guudlines. My buddy has learned this the hard way since he hasn't been paid in 2 years since reaching mmi.

Have you filed a grievance.... requesting an ADA accommodation ?

It makes a difference.

​-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I did file a grievance, it is docketed to panel.

What did you file on ??

Was it, for not allowing you to work.... Or requesting an accommodation ??

The final resolution.... would only come from the National Health and Safety grievance committee.

​-Bug-

Ouch

What did you file on ??

Was it, for not allowing you to work.... Or requesting an accommodation ??

The final resolution.... would only come from the National Health and Safety grievance committee.

​-Bug-

I filed for not being returned to work after reaching mmi. I went to the bldg to report and they would not allow me access to the bldg. I filed for all pay due me since being released from the doctor and reaching mmi. I have permanent restrictions which will not allow me to go back to package. The kicker here is by state law if I return will a lesser position then all the caps from a lawsuit go away. If they terminate me then I get more from a lawsuit as well. Ups is in a no win situation which ever way they go. Ups has made decisions in the past that they will not create positions for employees returning with restrictions, simply because all the jobs would have to be bid and would have to be offered in seniority order.

Ouch

Hey bud I also filed in the same grievance to be returned to meaningful employment. My BA is a pretty standup guy. He has talked with my attorney and we all try and stay on the same page. Ive had no complaints personnaly on how the local has handled different cases. State law comes in there as well.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hey bud I also filed in the same grievance to be returned to meaningful employment. My BA is a pretty standup guy. He has talked with my attorney and we all try and stay on the same page. Ive had no complaints personnaly on how the local has handled different cases. State law comes in there as well.

I need to keep in touch with you since we are in the same local. I haven't had an on the job injury this serious but I'm soaking in all the info I can here and by watching what happens with a couple of injuries we have in my center.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't blame ya. Kinda have to as it is so easy to get hurt on this job. Gotta put yourself first if you hurt your back real bad or whatever injury you get. Just have to get their attention and let them know your going to expose them in media outlets. They don't want that attention.

Buck Fifty

​You have one of the best BA's in the business. Hope you get what you deserve brother.

raceanoncr

I have absolutely no advice to give here. Just best wishes.

It appears you are reasonably young and to have this thrust upon you fairly early in your career has to be devastating. It does sound like, though, you are getting your ducks in a row.

Good luck in this adventure, it's going to be a long one, and in your future. Our thots are with you and your family.

Ouch

I have absolutely no advice to give here. Just best wishes.

It appears you are reasonably young and to have this thrust upon you fairly early in your career has to be devastating. It does sound like, though, you are getting your ducks in a row.

Good luck in this adventure, it's going to be a long one, and in your future. Our thots are with you and your family.
Thanks so much. I told them I had rather finish my career than to go out. It doesn't huft me at all to drive. I told them I would be able to go to feeders and they said they couldn't do that. Thanks again.

cynic

Thanks so much. I told them I had rather finish my career than to go out. It doesn't huft me at all to drive. I told them I would be able to go to feeders and they said they couldn't do that. Thanks again.

Couldn't or wouldn't? So sad that management can't do the right thing for people and employees always have to get attorneys.