too many signatures a integrity issue ???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Honestly, I really don't care, as it is the difference between me being 1.10 hrs over or 1.15 over.
But, in the interest of semantics, I'll chime in.

terrymac

when leaving a del notice a apt.. I would also, in small writing,, if open, so if by chance the office was closed I wasnt dicked into do overs

SWORDFISH

Do you know the box that says left at office that you can check for left at delivery locations. The clerks at my building tell me they get alot of customers coming the UPS building office to get their package instead of the office building at their complex.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have to agree with the pre-record, left at office crowd. If you go to the apt, leave a note you get credit for the stop. You get credit for one more stop after you take all the NI's to the office. Sorry for the italics. Hit the wrong key. I don't think I would NI 1 a package and show it delivered 3 minutes later somewhere else.

P

pickup

Apparently some can't enough UPSing in during their career--they have to live it during their retirement, even though they have been away from the game for too long and are no longer relevant.

Shouldn't you be waiting for the Meals on Wheels volunteer?

Come on, Rod, that is funny. Meals on wheels, ha ha . Admit it , that made you laugh.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to agree with the pre-record, left at office crowd. If you go to the apt, leave a note you get credit for the stop. You get credit for one more stop after you take all the NI's to the office. Sorry for the italics. Hit the wrong key. I don't think I would NI 1 a package and show it delivered 3 minutes later somewhere else.

This is why they have added dup com and dup res to the DIAD. The first delivery would be NI1, info notice scanned, stop completed. This pkg and any other non-deliveries for that complex would then be brought to the complex office. Re-sheet the pkg(s), prerecord, hit dup res for each pkg, complete stop, left at office.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I disagree.
I see it this way.
The only way it is a duplicate stop, is if you have an additional pkg for the office, and are going there anyway.
It is my contention, that at the first stop at an apt complex that is not in, and you have no other reason to go to the office, this stop is completed as not in, then re-recorded and placed in prerecord.
This rational is only valid at the first apt that is not in and there are no packages for the apt office.
Every subsequent stop that is not in, is also placed in prerecord and indirected to the office.
The trip to the office is an additional stop in this scenario and is so represented by using this method.
This is proven true by the fact that if all the consignees were in, I would not have had to go the office at all, making it an additional stop.

when leaving a del notice a apt.. I would also, in small writing,, if open, so if by chance the office was closed I wasnt dicked into do overs
+1 I only do this when it's close to office closing time.

Do you know the box that says left at office that you can check for left at delivery locations. The clerks at my building tell me they get alot of customers coming the UPS building office to get their package instead of the office building at their complex.
Wow, I never thought about this.

This is why they have added dup com and dup res to the DIAD. The first delivery would be NI1, info notice scanned, stop completed. This pkg and any other non-deliveries for that complex would then be brought to the complex office. Re-sheet the pkg(s), prerecord, hit dup res for each pkg, complete stop, left at office.
Isn't this "method" kind of redundant? If you NI1 at the apt you must leave a delivery notice that says NI1. Then you dup stop complete at the office? How's the consignee supposed to know that the pkg is at the office? What's so hard about doing it this way? Just scan the pkg, scan the notice, check left at office box, pre-record and do a left at office. No duplicate necessary. Are you doing this so that your board doesn't have a big space of time between your last delivery and the time you actually leave all of the not in pkgs at the rental/leasing office?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am doing this as this is the way that I was taught to do it. I will also write "left at office" on info notice.

I actually don't have any deliveries like this on my area but do when I get an add/cut.

I have two student housing complexes (not dorms) where all deliveries go to the office. I don't go to each room. I scan each stop, prerecord, and then use dup res. If I happen to have a pkg for the office I will prerecord it but will use com for the left at, not dup com.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am doing this as this is the way that I was taught to do it. I will also write "left at office" on info notice.

I actually don't have any deliveries like this on my area but do when I get an add/cut.

I have two student housing complexes (not dorms) where all deliveries go to the office. I don't go to each room. I scan each stop, prerecord, and then use dup res. If I happen to have a pkg for the office I will prerecord it but will use com for the left at, not dup com.
But if you make one stop, why would you use the duplicate key? Isn't duplicate for pkgs that have been attempted already that day? Like if you return to Ms. Jones house later in the day to attempt to redeliver her pkg. Or if you find the pkg that was missing from a bulk stop just happened to be sitting close by, but you didn't find it at the first delivery. Maybe you learned this method so long ago that it has changed without you realizing. Ask your center manager to see if it is the current standard for this type of delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But if you make one stop, why would you use the duplicate key? Isn't duplicate for pkgs that have been attempted already that day? Like if you return to Ms. Jones house later in the day to attempt to redeliver her pkg. Or if you find the pkg that was missing from a bulk stop just happened to be sitting close by, but you didn't find it at the first delivery. Maybe you learned this method so long ago that it has changed without you realizing. Ask your center manager to see if it is the current standard for this type of delivery.

Steve, there are days when I could have up to 10 different stops for one complex, but since I am not making 10 different attempts, just one, I should only get credit for the one stop, which is to the office. I sheet each stop separately, with the room number, for tracking purposes and use dup res so I don't pull a JS and pad my stop count.

For example, one of our newest college housing complexes is at 59 Broad St. The pkgs are all delivered to the office, which is suite 143, but all come through with their own suite numbers. I will sheet each separately, put the suite number under room number, prerecord each, and then use dup res when I set the DIAD up for the signature. I clarify the signature, hit 5 for office/reception, and 143 for left at location. One stop. Easy breezy lemon squeezy.

The other complex is Renaissance Village. These come addressed as XXX Renaissance Village. Same process as above except the left at location is 201. One stop.

I will admit that I used to take separate stops at RV but it was brought to my attention that if I don't actually attempt it at their door then I shouldn't be taking credit for the stop. This is also why they have added dup com and dup res to the DIAD.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

By doing it this way, isn't it possible, that if nobody was home, you could go to 6 individual apts, plus the office, while only getting credit for 1 stop in your DIAD?
How is this a fair and accurate representation of your days work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

By doing it this way, isn't it possible, that if nobody was home, you could go to 6 individual apts, plus the office, while only getting credit for 1 stop in your DIAD?

Take a moment and re-read what I posted and you will see that I do take credit for each of the individual stops but only one credit for the left at so, in your case, it would be seven stops total.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
OR, you could ask your center manager and three supervisors. You will now have FOUR completely different answers, and you can choose which works best for you!
Unfortunately this is oh so true.

Steve, there are days when I could have up to 10 different stops for one complex, but since I am not making 10 different attempts, just one, I should only get credit for the one stop, which is to the office. I sheet each stop separately, with the room number, for tracking purposes and use dup res so I don't pull a JS and pad my stop count.

For example, one of our newest college housing complexes is at 59 Broad St. The pkgs are all delivered to the office, which is suite 143, but all come through with their own suite numbers. I will sheet each separately, put the suite number under room number, prerecord each, and then use dup res when I set the DIAD up for the signature. I clarify the signature, hit 5 for office/reception, and 143 for left at location. One stop. Easy breezy lemon squeezy.

The other complex is Renaissance Village. These come addressed as XXX Renaissance Village. Same process as above except the left at location is 201. One stop.

I will admit that I used to take separate stops at RV but it was brought to my attention that if I don't actually attempt it at their door then I shouldn't be taking credit for the stop. This is also why they have added dup com and dup res to the DIAD.
I'm sorry, we must have a miscommunication here. I'm saying that if you GO to the apt and leave a delivery notice with left at office checked and then pre-record, repeating this process for all apts, till finally leaving the pkgs at the office, where NO duplicate stop would be necessary. I had no idea that you weren't even going to the apt door, wherein your method is best, because you're basically dumping the stop right at the office. Sorry for the confusion.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
+1 You, Jim and I agree and everyone else thinks otherwise.

Sword, you are confusing 2 different things. At least as far as I'm concerned. Agreement and practice. I agree that it should probably be 2 different stops. Practice is that it is not 2 different stops.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sword, you are confusing 2 different things. At least as far as I'm concerned. Agreement and practice. I agree that it should probably be 2 different stops. Practice is that it is not 2 different stops.

Why would it be two different stops? You make the first attempt at the apt door. NI1, scan notice, complete stop. Bring to office, sheet, dup res, complete stop. One stop.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I hadn't considered this either and have never heard one way or the other from my clerks. I will change my notice to include apt office.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I think I have finally figured out what you are saying. LOL :its_all_good:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

If the intention is to go immediately to the office then Dave's way would be right. If you stop at each apt first then pre-recording and hitting left at for each pre-record would be right.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Why would it be two different stops? You make the first attempt at the apt door. NI1, scan notice, complete stop. Bring to office, sheet, dup res, complete stop. One stop.
I'm sooooo confused.............................. lmao.

OK, first I said "probably".

When I have multiple attempts on apt's and then take them to the office I tie all apts together for one signature at the office by going into prerecord and hitting left at (oooh god its been 3 weeks since I've looked at a diad and I can't remember if that is the right term). You still get credit for each attempt but only need one signature to close out the stops. I'm not explaining this very well am I?

I think I am doing the same thing you are just in a different process. I don't stop complete each apt. I pre-record and then have them all signed for one time.