Tool talk

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpeg

Life savers if you want to reuse orings or seals.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Honest answer? Yes.

How much did the tool set cost?

How much are O-rings and seals?

If you go to all of the trouble to rebuild a part why not finish the job by replacing them as needed?

Usually it's a time issue. Why order one or drive to find one.

They can also be used to install new rings without damaging them and to prevent twists.

Bingo and bingo! What if you get into a seemingly simple repair and have to get past an o-ring? What if it is in good condition and is an odd size that your local parts/hardware store doesn't stock? What it waiting 2-3 days or driving an hour or more to complete a twenty dollar repair isn't acceptable to get a machine back to work?

Dave rents cars and doesn't care.

Dave rents life, and we don't care.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Bingo and bingo! What if you get into a seemingly simple repair and have to get past an o-ring? What if it is in good condition and is an odd size that your local parts/hardware store doesn't stock? What it waiting 2-3 days or driving an hour or more to complete a twenty dollar repair isn't acceptable to get a machine back to work?

Dave rents life, and we don't care.
Not to mention the tool set was only $20.

Well worth it for the 1 time it saves you.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think they should make them use the old cross/bar style manual lug nut wrench we all grew up with. That might make NASCAR fun to watch (at least the pit stops anyway).

I still have an old crossbar lug wrench in my garage. Much better than the crap new cars come with.