TOYS

Z

ZQXC

No cars seats, no bike helmets, some cars with no seatbelts, dangerous toys, little supervision....it's a wonder I survived my childhood.

In my case, it was: some cars with seat belts.
And, when I think about the bike modifications, racing, and wrecks....

(shudder)

Last edited by a moderator:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
In my case, it was: some cars with seat belts.
And, when I think about the bike modifications, racing, and wrecks. (shudder)
Ahhh, those were the days! Ignorance is bliss. Never had any broken bones. Guess I wasn't doing it hard enough. I spent a fair bit of time picking gravel out of my knees.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just like getting hit, by a click clacker! those left a nice bruise!
I remember...nice whack in the head!
Click-Clacks1.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
No cars seats, no bike helmets, some cars with no seatbelts, dangerous toys, little supervision....it's a wonder I survived my childhood.
Agreed. We were on our own too. Some of the stupid things we did, I can't believe I never got hurt worse than I did, or thrown in jail.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I just about burned our house down when I was about 11 years old playing with matches outside when things were super dry. Definitely not one of my better moves when growing up.
You didn't read the warning? They even have warnings on plastic bags and buckets these days!:whiteflag:

gman042

Been around the block a few times
koosh flinger.jpg
When our kids were little we had some pretty good wars with these things. That is probably why that are not made anymore. Someone put an eye out and then the fun was over for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My 'gang' all had 3-speed bicycles with the frame pump. We soon learned that a kitchen match would fit in the end that was threaded for the hose.

Ride down the street, scratch match on said street and pump the pump at your buddy.

Good times! We set several neighborhood hedges on fire, and I still have a scar on my neck.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Totally different products..........shrinky dinks were like window clings and colorforms were on a scene provided. Sometimes colorforms were like the paper dolls.....clothes to put on a character......