Training in DIAD... helper board

35years

Gravy route
Did anyone else notice that the new training in the DIAD about working with helpers says that when 2 DIADS are used the helper and the driver must input their own stops?

If the driver inputs stops in the helper board, the company might now make the case that this is dishonest behavior. Beware!

Many centers mandate that X number of stops have to be completed in the helper board.

They had better now give me helpers who can use the DIAD, or I will sit there and wait for them to enter info at each and every stop they deliver. I can't wait till Christmas week when they give me a new helper who has 0 training!

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's been that way for years. They always tell us drop off our helpers in a neighborhood with stops. Make them use their board. Blah blah blah.

I do whatever is most efficient.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I always thought dropping off jumper in a neighborhood and walking a bunch of stops off was a PECKERHEAD move myself. I guess i have a little compassion for people lol. Easiest way to do it if a jumper is not very good with diad is, use his diad for a developement or section and use driver board for a separate developement. Kinda screws you up in the edd if your going back and forth at same time cause the stops dont come right out of diad. Its nice to look at diad and see them stops come right out of board your using at that time instead of looking in edd and second guessing yourself if that stop has beem delivered yet or not.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I always thought dropping off jumper in a neighborhood and walking a bunch of stops off was a PECKERHEAD move myself. I guess i have a little compassion for people lol. Easiest way to do it if a jumper is not very good with diad is, use his diad for a developement or section and use driver board for a separate developement. Kinda screws you up in the edd if your going back and forth at same time cause the stops dont come right out of diad. Its nice to look at diad and see them stops come right of board your using at that time instead of looking in edd and second guessing yourself if that stop has beem delivered yet or not.
Not only is it a d bag move its not nearly as efficient.

I remember one of my first years as a helper they were all over my driver to drop me off. She refused to do it. We were the second most efficient helper team in the district doing almost 60 stops an hour on average.

Last edited:

I remember one of my first years as a helper they were all over my driver to drop me off. She refused to do it. We were the second most efficient helper team on the district doing almost 60 stops an hour on average.
Before we had Edd I dropped my helper off. He delivered all if the packages, he just didn't scan them.

oldngray

nowhere special

I remember one of my first years as a helper they were all over my driver to drop me off. She refused to do it. We were the second most efficient helper team on the district doing almost 60 stops an hour on average.

IE cubicle geeks insist dropping off helpers is more efficient. It almost never is in the real world.

Same story every year.

wetleg

I just had driver helper orientation last week and they took the DIAD out of the training saying that we won't have to do it anymore. Last year, my driver just did it himself and handed me the packages. We just had residential with some long ass driveways.

Just curious, do any of you drivers expect to need driver helpers this week? They told us in training that the job would start this week but I was skeptical.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The DIAD training for how to use helpers was written by someone who has never delivered a package or used a helper themselves.

Lots of theories sound great from inside a cubicle.

As far as a dishonesty charge related to helper DIADs goes...the company would have to prove an "intent to defraud" on the part of the driver, as well as have direct visual observation of the driver inputting stops on a helper board.

My center has always madated some arbitrary, meaningless quota of stops for the helper board, and I have always ignored it. Its peak season, I work in the real world and I dont have time for stupid number games.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just use my Helper as a runner, the houses are too far apart to drop him off to work on his own. He can't use a DIAD either. I will drop him off at the end of the driveway that is getting the package, and a lot of times he takes off for the house next door. There is no way I would let him deliver by himself, I already have a driver followup on something he did.

AllOnTheHorses

last peak, my situation was pretty good. My helper board was faulty and would shut down repeatedly. Seriously. But it was lucky and great to have that as a reason why we never used it. I kept telling OMS about it and I kept getting that helper board back everyday. Sure made things easier than juggling two with the time lag for stops to leave a board.
I would line up packages on the floor, stop for stop.. give him the package and board and off he went one at a time. I spent my day driving and searching/arranging next packages; worked well.

AllOnTheHorses

Well there was the occasional drawback of my board losing charge after a LONG day. A few times I did have to deliver by pulling PALs and entering them manually after I got back in to building. That did suck.