Transfers

Wondering if any Denver mechanics on here can fill me in on your benefits, pay, pay scale progression, and what Union you're with. I'm thinking of trying to make the move to Colorado

If you research transfers, like I'm doing now, it's pretty difficult . I'm a Denver feeder driver. Mechanics make same hourly as drivers. Plus .25 cents more an hour "tool allowance ". Some how Denver got lumped into central states Union. Every teamster company in Colorado is western states. Ups bought us out of central states pension in 2007. So we have a UPS pension. Oh, btw, we make like 33.70 or something an hour. Also mechanics get zero overtime. Anything over 30 min. A week has to be approved by supervisor.

Ok so I'm pretty new to the company how safe is the ups pension compared to teamsters or IAM from what I understand central states pension isn't doing so good right now

I'm a Denver feeder driver. We did buy out of the central states pension. We have the UPS pension. Overseen by union. As part of our benefit package that has stock purchase program, short term long term disability, we have a 401k. Zero company match. Just like any other 401k. they take it right out of your check every week. Also, sounds like throughout the country there's different job classifications for union jobs . At Denver , all hub, maintenance, mechanics, drivers. Are Union hourly Teamsters.