True Leaders Have Won !

ups clerk

You will wait a looooong time for that call....Hoffa can't even debate his competition in person much less interact with the rank and file...looks like 5 more years of no contract enforcement no workplace protections and lousy panel decisions..but on the bright side his golf game will probably improve at the expense of our members resources....JUST Saying BC
As Michael Corleone would say, "Keep your friends close...you're enemies closer." Now that Hoffa is president again, no truer words are spoken.

trickpony1

You will wait a looooong time for that call....Hoffa can't even debate his competition in person much less interact with the rank and file...looks like 5 more years of no contract enforcement no workplace protections and lousy panel decisions..but on the bright side his golf game will probably improve at the expense of our members resources....JUST Saying BC

I agree.

In another thread I predicted that Hoffa would mysteriously win by a landslide and that nothing would change.

Now some of us get to worry about whether Hoffa will ram the 2013 contract down our throats 6 months early and really screw up our plans to retire under the old contract. (before the new contract carnage begins)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I predicted that Hoffa would mysteriously win by a landslide.

Trick,

There's no mystery to it.... Less than 20% of the entire membership voted.

The majority voted for the experienced incumbents.

As they say.... Hindsight is 20/20.... Looking back now, early negotiations and ratification of our current contract

proved to be a pretty astute decision.... given what happened to the economy afterwards.

I don't understand why everyone predicts doom and gloom when it comes to talk about pensions....

UPS can afford to pay.... And will do so again and again..............

-Bug-

trickpony1

BUG-
post #28.....it's my understanding the company paid 6 billion dollars at the beginning of this contract to end their involvement with the Central States H,W and Pension plan in August 2013.

The company didn't pay 6 billion dollars out of the kindness of their hearts or because they love us.

I'm told that in August 2013 the company can do what they what regarding the pension involvement so your statement "....UPS can afford to pay and will do so again and again" may not be true.

trickpony1

BUG-
Are you in CS or are you a member of 705 or 710 which seems to be detached from the rest of the world?
I'm just telling you what knowledgeable union members and officials have told me.
I don't make this stuff up.

You, above other people, should have the stroke and contacts to find this out.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm just telling you what knowledgeable union members and officials have told me.

Trick,

I'm not doubting that's what you've been told.

But.... if that's what they are telling you.... ask for it in writing.

You might be surprised.

Didn't you get a summary of the contract language changes before you voted ?

It came with your ballot.

You also had the option to review that from the DVD provided by the IBT.

Your Local had a meeting to review all this.... right ?

-Bug-

tourists24

WHAT WAS THERE TO DEBATE?

From the ASH kicking both Pope and Gegare recieved from the rank and file, ANY debate would have been a waste of time.

Do you believe that a debate would have changed the outcome? Dont be ridiculous.

Whether you are a pope supporter or a gegare supporter, the message is clear, YOU BACKED THE WRONG HORSE now tear up your ticket and throw it on the ground!

Peace
thats a nice attitude to have about the rank and file..... that unity is stronger than ever

A

anonymous6

4 out of 5 teamsters must of been too fat and sassy even to vote. from someone who has worked for non union companies for most of his life , this is incredibly hard to understand.

people don't appreciate what they have until it's gone. with this kind of apathy it won't be too long before you find out what i mean.