True Leaders Have Won !

mamirk69

Bug your referring to punch the clock at UPS prior to retiring for your medical benefits through UPS? If your an officer/agent of the local doesnt the local pick up your pension contributions?

I think Bug is referring to being in the IBT plan if he is no longer an officer of the union under central states and went back to his former union job. Talking to a former business agent in my local that went through this process, the business agent states that they are locked into the central states plan as a business agent. Granted Bug said there was an addendum created for his local but it was not for mine. UPS has already made an announcement over and over again that they will respect their retirement throughout this contract under central states but any retiree will rely solely on Central States after 2013. There is a 1-800 number to call to get information on the pension.

hdkappler

The "true leaders" may have won but can you really get excited about a victory in which 80% of the eligible voters couldn't be bothered to vote? If I were Hoffa/Hall that would be my first order of business.
80%didn't vote.no wonder pope andgegare didn't win.if i wasn't retired i would of voted different.gegare or pope might of changed things for better.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The would seem like the plan.
But to do so would mean that the general membership would no longer have the chance to vote for our presidents.
They would probably go back to the old method of having only the local presidents appoint the National president. So much for a democratic system.

mamirk69

Where did you read that ?

The addendum was for any and all Officers and Agents in the Central Region....

UPS employees serving in elected positions....

-Bug-

You stated you were grandfathered into the IBT/UPS plan. My local officers were not so I do not know how you are getting your information that everybody in the Central States plan are grandfathered into the plan as officers. The same goes as to officers that lose an election have the right to return to their old jobs but that was a revision made roughly 10 years ago at least in my local because there are officers that have lost their election that have had 20 plus years of service and cannot return to their previous jobs. So do not assume all officers are into the IBT/UPS plan.