trump 2016

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You mean he did not respond as you wished he had. Which he had no requirement to do. More often than not hecklers are just ignored so no response is necessary. If Trump had said he agreed it would be different but that is not what happened.

Trump, by not acting, essentially endorsed the Birther movement, of which he was a proponent. What is there not to understand here?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Trump has absolutely no requirement to respond to a comment from the crowd. Which was very possibly a gotcha question from a plant. Why not require the same type of responses from Hillary or Obama if you deem it so important? Trump ignoring the comment is a non issue since he did neither support or rebuke.

In that case, Trump was "got". He consistently sticks his foot in his mouth. When he gets his whole leg in there, will you finally understand that he is an idiot?

oldngray

nowhere special
Trump, by not acting, essentially endorsed the Birther movement, of which he was a proponent. What is there not to understand here?

Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 19, 2015

If someone made a nasty or controversial statement about me to the president, do you really think he would come to my rescue? No chance!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 19, 2015

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...bligated-to-defend-president-i-dont-think-so/

Hillary Clinton tweeted tweeted this out after the Trump event.

Donald Trump not denouncing false statements about POTUS & hateful rhetoric about Muslims is disturbing, & just plain wrong. Cut it out. -H

— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) September 18, 2015

She forgot that it was her campaign that started the Obama is Muslim rumor.

Untitled.png

CPKSPN9W8AA-d5w.jpg
CPKSPN9W8AA-d5w.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A very short but direct "that question is not an appropriate topic for discussion" would have sufficed; instead, he stood there in apparent agreement with the inference that Obama is in fact a Muslim.

trickpony1

he stood there in apparent agreement with the inference that Obama is in fact a Muslim.

In all the years our Dear Leader has been POTUS why haven't we, the public, seen video, on national TV, of him and his beautiful wife attending Christmas church services?

Is it because he doesn't want to alienate his muslim homies?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In all the years our Dear Leader has been POTUS why haven't we, the public, seen video, on national TV, of him and his beautiful wife attending Christmas church services?

People like you are the exact reason Trump chose not to disagree with the person who said Obama is a Muslim and asked when we're going to start kicking all of them out of this country. Wouldn't want to disenfranchise the tinfoil hat and bigot crowd, it's a significant portion of his base.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Are you serious? We are a nation where multiple religions are "OK", except for folks like you. Since the President represents all of us (not just Christians), attending any special religious observance (like Christmas) is favoritism. Obama is a Christian and attends church regularly. He doesn't attend a mosque, a synagogue, or any other services from other religions.

My God, you are a Birther brick. Obama could cure cancer, the common cold, and create world peace, and you'd still want a WASP in there who was quoting Bible verses and requiring school prayers. Dope.

Sportello

@oldngray and @trickpony1 seem to have fallen for every Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh talking point.

There are more lies and fabrications on this page than there were in the 9/16 Repub debate, and that's a lot!

FWIW, I don't think Trump did anything wrong at the townhall, except agree before the nut asked his question. He blew him off with his stock answer to most everything...''we'll look into that". He was playing to the base. Over 40% of Repubs believe Obama is a Muslim, he was pandering, like all politicians.