Tucson Shooting !

moreluck

golden ticket member
If only we had listened to you, this never would have happened.

When i find myself in times of trouble
Klein's posts, then I see
speaking words of wisdom
Candidly Canadadly

then i wake up
come to my senses
a voice asks then asks of me
should America be like Canada?
Candidly Canadaly

Candadaly, Canadaly Cadadaly, Canadaly

Can we achieve that state of bliss?

Canadaly, Canadaly.

Beautiful re-write !!! Great Job!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Klein, do not hold your breath thinking guns will be outlawed in the U.S. That would be a knee-jerk reaction. Not happening!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Klein, do not hold your breath thinking guns will be outlawed in the U.S. That would be a knee-jerk reaction. Not happening!
If only one of those Arizonians had a faster draw................many they have interviewed were carrying. Just goes to show the sane people who would have loved to pop this guy, held their weapons once he was contained.
Which shows those who legally carry have their wits about them. I know when I bought mine, I had to wait a few weeks to be cleared, AND was asked if I ever had mental issues. Seems like his name should have popped up, as he had run ins with the law before................and at school.............

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Democrats in the Arizona Legislature say they will introduce a bill Tuesday to create a "funeral protection zone" to keep protestors from disrupting the funerals of the victims of the Tucson mass shooting.
The Rev. Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas responded to the shooting by saying, "Thank God for the violent shooter." He vowed to have his band of followers picket at the funerals.
State Sen. Paula Aboud, D-Tucson, said Democrats are asking to waive the rules so the bill can be debated and passed in one day, in time for funerals that will begin this week.
trans.gif

The bill is patterned after an Ohio law that establishes a 300-foot protection zone around a funeral location for one hour before and one hour after the event.
"They want to protest at the gravesite of a 9-year-old girl, and we want to stop him," Aboud said.
In addition, the Republican and Democratic parties in Pima County are urging people to help form a human barricade along the funeral routes to protect the victims' families from Phelps and his small band of vocal protestors.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well, I did learn something on my news today.
Those gun magazines were temperary banned under the Clinton Administration.
But, later congress just let that law expire.

They will be re-thinking that law now, probably one of the first things on the agenda.

Once again you display your complete ignorance of all things firearm-related.

The hi-capacity magazines you speak of were never "banned". During the 10 years that the "ban" was in place it was still perfectly legal to buy, sell or posess them. The "ban" merely prohibited the manufacture or importation of any new ones. Those that had been manufactured or imported prior to the ban were still available and legal to buy and own. The "ban" also prohibited certain cosmetic features on some rifles but had no effect on the design or function of these rifles. The "ban" was a worthless peice of legislation that served no purpose, saved no lives, and prevented no crimes, But it did give a warm and fuzzy feeling to the gun-haters who passed it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well face it, if you only have 6 bullets in a chamber, it's unlikely you'll shoot 20 people all at once.

Another ignorant statement. Have you ever heard of a speed-loader? Do you even comprehend the difference between a revolver and a semi-automatic? And do you really think that a lunatic who has formulated a premeditated intent to commit mass murder would be deterred by a politician placing arbitrary limits on the number of rounds that can be fit into a magazine?

With a minimum of training it is quite easy to fire a gun empty, eject the empty magazine, insert a full one, and have a round chambered and ready to fire before the empty mag has even hit the floor. Or you can simply bring more than one gun.

You are entitled to your opinions about guns but you really ought to at least learn a few basic facts about them before advocating for stricter laws. Have you ever fired or even held one?

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, he bought in at Walmart, just a day, or 2, before the shooting. The first Walmart turned him down, so he went to a second one, and got it.
So, maybe in this case it would have helped ? Unless he would have gotten a 20 year old used one somewhere.

And obviosly, he didn't have that "minimal training", because once he tried to change the mag, that's when the hero lady intervened, and grabbed it ! Otherwise he would have had another 40 rounds to go !

So, who's ignorant now, ignoring those facts ?

Last edited:

klein

Here is another thought of the day :

If Gabrielle Gifford pulls thru, without any health related concequences, she just might become the US first female president.

With all that publicity and the sorrow for her, the dems would have an unbeatable candidate to put up.

Nimnim

The Nim
Well face it, if you only have 6 bullets in a chamber, it's unlikely you'll shoot 20 people all at once.

6 bullets in a chamber does not work, you're mistaking your terms here. Besides, if someone is going to go on a shooting spree and is limited in how many rounds they can have in a clip, magagazine, cylinder etc.. they're probably just going to carry another gun already loaded.

Well, he bought in at Walmart, just a day, or 2, before the shooting. The first Walmart turned him down, so he went to a second one, and got it.
So, maybe in this case it would have helped ? Unless he would have gotten a 20 year old used one somewhere.

And obviosly, he didn't have that "minimal training", because once he tried to change the mag, that's when the hero lady intervened, and grabbed it ! Otherwise he would have had another 40 rounds to go !

So, who's ignorant now, ignoring those facts ?
You must delight in showing how ignorant you really are? The "facts you just posted are incorrect.
He didn't buy the clips at walmart just before the shooting, he bought the bullets then. Had to go to two different stores to get them, the clerk at the first store thought he was a little weird so she told him they were sold out.

You just can't stay within the facts can you?
The hero lady was not the first one to encounter the nut job, she was actually the third. The first was a man that hit him in the back with a metal folding chair, number two was one of Gabby's aids who tackled him to the ground and grabbed his left arm, the other man (that hit him with the chair) grabbed his right arm, the hero lady took the clip from his left hand just after he removed it from his pocket. Then a few other people came in to help in restraining him. The clips (magazines) didn't hold 40 rounds.

We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the laws that we already have.

klein

You must delight in showing how ignorant you really are? The "facts you just posted are incorrect.
He didn't buy the clips at walmart just before the shooting, he bought the bullets then. Had to go to two different stores to get them, the clerk at the first store thought he was a little weird so she told him they were sold out.

You just can't stay within the facts can you?
The hero lady was not the first one to encounter the nut job, she was actually the third. The first was a man that hit him in the back with a metal folding chair, number two was one of Gabby's aids who tackled him to the ground and grabbed his left arm, the other man (that hit him with the chair) grabbed his right arm, the hero lady took the clip from his left hand just after he removed it from his pocket. Then a few other people came in to help in restraining him. The clips (magazines) didn't hold 40 rounds.

We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the laws that we already have.

Now what difference does that all make, I heard incorrectly on the news, I admit that now.
But what difference does it make to my point prior ?
31 bullets in the 2nd magazine (big deal, not 40).

The 2 men grabbed him when his first mag ran out (big deal - still means he didn't have "minimal training" not to interupt his shooting spree).

You sound like the Tea Party rep that was on CNN this morning. She doesn't want any changes to the gun laws either, or magazines.
She did agree, he shouldn't have been able to purchase the gun, and get a permit to carry it, but her excuse was, that the college he went to didn't report it to police (his behavior) - Like what good would have that done ???? Someone misbehaving at school is suppose to be reported ? - They don't have the time of day for that.

If anything, your "best Healthcare in the world" is somewhat responsible for this tragedy.
He ofccourse didn't have health insurance (not working, living with parents), and I doubt his parents have healthcare either, since they didn't follow the advice from the college to get him medical attention.

And to brand somneone with being unstable, and mentally a little disordered, - only a Doctor can do that !!!!!

btw, how to you want to enforce laws, when the federal government is suppose to cut spending, and not raise spending ?
Same with each State being in the red. Who is going to come up with dollars for more police work ?

Actually the Glock 9mm he used has a 15 shot clip, 16 if you have one chambered. Don`t worry about the last 20 people. Worry about being one of the first.