Turnover

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And Second. You don't know if that soldier is a traitor or not. Please don't let fox news do your thinking for you. And what if he did walk off? You don't know what was in that soldiers' head. You don't know what he saw. And if you're here to say you were over there and saw the worst things possible that doesn't mean every man is you.

He's made enough statements to give us a really nice idea of what was in his head. He didn't believe in the mission, he was ashamed to be an American, etc. He was either deliberate or inexcusably careless and the military doesn't tolerate either.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yet they happily partake of Medicare and Social Security, complaining all the while about government entitlements.

Wow. It's as if people who are forced to pay specific, enumerated taxes for specific, enumerated programs want to get what they were promised and what they paid for.

bbsam

Staff member
Yep. Since no one seems to care about the cost of this type of action, why not free every terrorist in the world? If we're stupid enough to free 5 dangerous people for this guy, why not free them all?

I didn't go that far. Bergdahl didn't broker the deal.
Actually, since that war is coming to an end, the justification for holding detainees is coming to an end.

vantexan

doesn't mean their lie gets to stand unopposed.
The 5 were high ranking Al-Qaeda members. Hey MFE, prove that wrong. To be exact, the Washington Post says they are all high ranking Taliban commanders with Al-Qaeda links who were classified as "high risk" by the U.S. Government.

bbsam

Staff member
The 5 were high ranking Al-Qaeda members. Hey MFE, prove that wrong. To be exact, the Washington Post says they are all high ranking Taliban commanders with Al-Qaeda links who were classified as "high risk" by the U.S. Government.
The lead prosecutor from Guantanamo disagrees with that assessment.

vantexan

It warms my heart to see liberals rush to the aid of a soldier who's being disparaged. Yes, every time a soldier speaks out against the U.S. during a war he's turned into a hero. John Kerry got into the Senate that way. And let's not call a Muslim Major who killed and wounded dozens at Ft.Hood a terrorist. Oh no, not terrorism, it was "workplace violence."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Maybe we chipped them. You know, for a Muslim, Barack Obama sure likes taking the bad guys out.

Rainman

Its all good.
WOW, first off, you're the first GOP'er willing to admit his party isn't errorless. Plenty of progressives criticize the left but it's about as rare as snow in Miami when republican will say anything negative. I'll give you one. Obama electing Tom Wheeler chairman to the FCC. This guys was a big shot in the cable TV industry and now with Net Neutrality on the table, this guy will play a role on whether we, basically, have to pay extra for internet speed. We may be getting a surcharge just to stream our movies or just YouTube. So Obama sold us out on that one.
And Second. You don't know if that soldier is a traitor or not. Please don't let fox news do your thinking for you. And what if he did walk off? You don't know what was in that soldiers' head. You don't know what he saw. And if you're here to say you were over there and saw the worst things possible that doesn't mean every man is you. But I guess he could've stayed, endangering the man at his side or his platoon, come back home, let the effects of war take over and then blow his brains out. What? Isn't it like 22 soldiers, who come home, kill themselves everyday? Northop Grumman(and alike) are the pimps and the soldiers are the whores. They don't care about you once you, as a soldier, stop making them money. None of you know what was in that soldiers head.
So everyone who isn't a democrat is a republican? Most of us non dems can't stand either party. They're both scumbags.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

vantexan

Maybe we chipped them. You know, for a Muslim, Barack Obama sure likes taking the bad guys out.
I'm surprised you guys aren't angry he took out American citizens with drones rather than send in the SEALS to capture them and give them a proper trial.