Turnover

Serf

Hey, speaking of turnover: See ya Eric Cantor."In one of the most stunning primary election upsets in congressional history, the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, was soundly defeated on Tuesday by a Tea Party-backed economics professor who had hammered him for being insufficiently conservative." Beaten handily by a local professor with limited campaign funds. David Brat.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really? Where are the 12 hour days with 5 hr splits? Where is the all part-time workforce? The mass force out of senior couriers? The elimination of healthcare altogether? By the way I'm back on.

Predicated upon the shift of services to Ground, and the success of DRA, neither of which they could pull off. I feel sorry for you...like jumping back on a ship that is headed for the bottom. I was hoping you'd learned something.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey, speaking of turnover: See ya Eric Cantor."In one of the most stunning primary election upsets in congressional history, the House majority leader, Eric Cantor, was soundly defeated on Tuesday by a Tea Party-backed economics professor who had hammered him for being insufficiently conservative." Beaten handily by a local professor with limited campaign funds. David Brat.

This is great news for Liberals, because the Tea Party is pure fringe. A wonderful day for the Democrats.

Serf

This is great news for Liberals, because the Tea Party is pure fringe. A wonderful day for the Democrats.
That is fine. Media and analysts saying Cantor re-imaged himself out of a job. And all it took was an upstart little guy to hammer him on immigration and spending.

Artee

We have had some positions open for almost 5 months, the part timers are happy as they are getting close to 40 hours per week, but the problems are NOT going away.

You must be in a horrible location. We are going to have a couple part time openings in the next few weeks and there is already a waiting list of people that can't wait to get over here.

MAKAVELI

You must be in a horrible location. We are going to have a couple part time openings in the next few weeks and there is already a waiting list of people that can't wait to get over here.
The economy in your area must be horrible. In my area it has rebounded from the recession and FedEx simply can't compete with local businesses for part time/ entry level jobs.

fedex_rtd

I don't think that we are in a horrible location, it's that being an AGFS location we have a different/higher set of standards for some jobs than a similar job at a DGO location has IDA vs CSA for example.

Artee

The economy in your area must be horrible. In my area it has rebounded from the recession and FedEx simply can't compete with local businesses for part time/ entry level jobs.

Economy seems better right now. I have been picking up overflow freight from the 2 stations I service the last few weeks. Those handlers are getting worked. These are for RTD jobs. We have people with 25+ years in, applying for part time work as an RTD. We can't seem to scare them off with the threats of working just weekend nights and 20 hours a week.

Artee

I don't think that we are in a horrible location, it's that being an AGFS location we have a different/higher set of standards for some jobs than a similar job at a DGO location has IDA vs CSA for example.

Like you I am AGFS and an RT driver. We have lots of people that still want to get over here. Those postings will be filled in a week. Welcome to Club Fed!

vantexan

Predicated upon the shift of services to Ground, and the success of DRA, neither of which they could pull off. I feel sorry for you...like jumping back on a ship that is headed for the bottom. I was hoping you'd learned something.
You said your predictions had been very accurate overall, with no qualifiers. I pointed out things that you've predicted that aren't anywhere near happening. It looks like from this angle you and friend R1a started a fear mongering campaign, trying anything possible to damage FedEx from within because they won the union war. I can understand your frustration, but telling people, as R1a did, that he'd seen "secret" internal documents outlining all these terrible plans to screw over employees was flat out dishonest and unethical. If anyone quit during an extremely bad part of the recession due to you getting them all worked up you should be ashamed. So you can feel sorry for me all you want.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You said your predictions had been very accurate overall, with no qualifiers. I pointed out things that you've predicted that aren't anywhere near happening. It looks like from this angle you and friend R1a started a fear mongering campaign, trying anything possible to damage FedEx from within because they won the union war. I can understand your frustration, but telling people, as R1a did, that he'd seen "secret" internal documents outlining all these terrible plans to screw over employees was flat out dishonest and unethical. If anyone quit during an extremely bad part of the recession due to you getting them all worked up you should be ashamed. So you can feel sorry for me all you want.

Yep, I feel sorry for you. You swam to shore from the Titanic, went back to retrieve a deck chair, swam back to the beach and then went back...again.
I will never understand, and the thinly veiled accusation about R1a and I is pathetic.
Hope you're giving Fred 110%...sad.

SmithBarney

The crap those companies produced in the 80's and 90's wasn't the result of its workers workmanship but a lack of focus on quality and reliability by their management. Very much like FedEx today. :censored2: rolls down hill Dano, management 101.

Exactly our current management team, insists on hiring lots of new people, instead of expecting more from the slackers here...

thedownhillEXPRESS

R1A had accurate information.The self destruction of the DRA program is what stopped the plan he leaked dead in it's tracks.
Fedex was way too confident in their plan,now they set themselves back years and the confidence of their employees because of it.
It's still the end game in the coming years,they are developing the new DRA system now and spending mega bucks on it this time.
They bought into a ten million dollar system that sucked,they are budgeting 100 million to get it right this time, and friend* the employees once and for all.

Last edited:

vantexan

Yep, I feel sorry for you. You swam to shore from the Titanic, went back to retrieve a deck chair, swam back to the beach and then went back...again.
I will never understand, and the thinly veiled accusation about R1a and I is pathetic.
Hope you're giving Fred 110%...sad.
You never left, LOL!!!

vantexan

R1A had accurate information.The self destruction of the DRA program is what stopped the plan he leaked dead in it's tracks.
Fedex was way too confident in their plan,now they set themselves back years and the confidence of their employees because of it.
It's still the end game in the coming years,they are developing the new DRA system now and spending mega bucks on it this time.
They bought into a ten million dollar system that sucked,they are budgeting 100 million to get it right this time, and friend* the employees once and for all.
OK, and Bigfoot shot JFK from behind the grassy knoll.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
OK, and Bigfoot shot JFK from behind the grassy knoll.

Everybody knows it was Richard Nixon. Seriously, you went back because it was what you needed to do..I get that. I also know you're a smart person, and that you're better than FedEx deserves.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

Reporter: "Mr. Brat, do you support the minimum wage?
Mr. Brat: “Um, I don’t have a well-crafted response on that one.”

Sarah Palin all over again. Grabbing popcorn