Turnover

bbsam

Staff member
If you cross this red line there'll be hell to pay.
OK, If you cross this red line there'll be hell to pay.
Uh, I'm drawing another red line. Don't you dare cross it.
we'll see how that plays out for Assad. Putin had to reconsider his actions. Or did you want two more wars?

vantexan

we'll see how that plays out for Assad. Putin had to reconsider his actions. Or did you want two more wars?
We actually signed a treaty in I believe '94 to protect the Ukraine. If Putin knew there was a President who honored treaties in the White House he'd have never went into the Crimea. Syria would be a matter of supplying rebels and providing air cover. We'd have a much better rep in the MidEast if we hadn't backed strongmen at their people's expense.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We actually signed a treaty in I believe '94 to protect the Ukraine. If Putin knew there was a President who honored treaties in the White House he'd have never went into the Crimea. Syria would be a matter of supplying rebels and providing air cover. We'd have a much better rep in the MidEast if we hadn't backed strongmen at their people's expense.

Sure, van. I think we should start WW3 to protect our honor.

bbsam

Staff member
Go back and read that treaty.

Speaking of treaties, Putin found out that stupid actions like invading Crimea cost him huge. He had to agree to natural gas sales to China at a huge discount.

vantexan

Sure, van. I think we should start WW3 to protect our honor.
For better or worse the U.S. has played the world's policeman for decades now. If we honored our commitment instead of sending weakness signals we may avert bloodshed. If Ukraine gets worse Putin is almost guaranteed to come in to "protect" ethnic Russians.

overflowed

For better or worse the U.S. has played the world's policeman for decades now. If we honored our commitment instead of sending weakness signals we may avert bloodshed. If Ukraine gets worse Putin is almost guaranteed to come in to "protect" ethnic Russians.
We were the world power then though, are we still or just going through the motions?

DontThrowPackages

We can't even employ people in this country who want to find work. Why would anyone, at this time in our economy, care about Crimea? I know Northrop/Grumman is hoping to God we start a work with Russian, just like most republicans.

Keystone

"...the best customer of American industry is the well-paid worker"
FDR.

Far too many companies these days have forgotten that. They look for a healthy bottom line and a bloated stock price. A company that takes care of their workers...those workers in turn will take care of their company. It's that simple.

vantexan

We can't even employ people in this country who want to find work. Why would anyone, at this time in our economy, care about Crimea? I know Northrop/Grumman is hoping to God we start a work with Russian, just like most republicans.
And not honoring commitments is why many think Democrats are weak on defense. That and cutting military budgets to the bone.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Far too many companies these days have forgotten that. They look for a healthy bottom line and a bloated stock price. A company that takes care of their workers...those workers in turn will take care of their company. It's that simple.
And idiots like Fred and Matt Thornton can't figure it out.

thedownhillEXPRESS

It's not.The fake crisis is over.Time for the right wing crazies to find the millionth and first make believe Obama problem.

vantexan

It's not.The fake crisis is over.Time for the right wing crazies to find the millionth and first make believe Obama problem.
Richard Nixon has been held in low esteem for decades due to his part in covering up the break-in. You can try to cover for Obama all you want, but history will show his administration was full of scandal and incompetence. We should have never elected a president with such extreme views and lack of administrative experience, and that goes for electing a president that's too far right too. Mitt Romney was extremely qualified to be president, having served as governor of a blue state and a successful businessman. But this forum is a prime example of being partisan rather than getting the man in who could get things done. Nothing but vicious smears here. You guys aren't patriots because you put your party first. Always covering for your guy, claiming lies against him while constantly lying for him. Barack Obama has made me realize just how good a president Bill Clinton was. And if electing Hillary gets Bill in to counsel her I'll settle for that. But if the Republicans put forth a candidate with solid experience running things who's determined to get spending under control, he's got my vote.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Of all people to ask that we hold off on judgement until all the facts are in...

The facts are not in, unlike FedEx, where the facts are in. Things are really getting bad, and all the PR and spin in the world cannot counter the declines in morale, service, and employee competence. Express is in free fall right now. Expect a system brownout or worse in the next week or so. I'll stand by that statement.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The facts are not in, unlike FedEx, where the facts are in. Things are really getting bad, and all the PR and spin in the world cannot counter the declines in morale, service, and employee competence. Express is in free fall right now. Expect a system brownout or worse in the next week or so. I'll stand by that statement.

Spin it whichever way helps you sleep at night, sunshine.