Two Days Left After Some Vacation Time.

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by olroadbeech, Jun 15, 2015.

1. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

could have worked the 2 days first and then gone out but want to take all vacation time and then work the last 2 days.

the last couple weeks has been really different. looking at everything with different eyes knowing this is finally the end.

trying to be nice to everyone even if it's hard, ha ha.

trying to remember all the good things in my minds eye so I can leave on a high note.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. retired2000

retired2000 Active Member

Good for you enjoy
  3. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Congrats on your release from ALCATRAZ hoss lol.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Hoss" is a woman and working at UPS is nothing at all like serving a prison sentence.
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I thought "Hoss" was that big fella from Bonanza.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. rod

rod retired and happy

7. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

What kind of bug crawled up your posterior the morning?
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. olroadbeech

ive been called a ho but never a hoss. but coming from good ol jumpman its OK in my book.
  9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Are you proud of that?
  10. You are correct. Number 3 is extra cranky today.
  11. Ramster

Ramster New Member

That the way to go out. One of my greatest pleasures is thinking back how I spent my last few weeks closing that chapter in my life. I let UPS control 31 years of my life,but I ended my career exactly the way I wanted to. Thanked the people who were important and like you took the high road with the others.
  12. olroadbeech

they called me to work during my vacation but I didn't call back.

I miss work but NOT that much.

these dingbats will probably call after I retire. I would occasionally if it didn't affect my pension.
  13. newfups

newfups Member

I'm just finishing my 3rd week of retirement after 30 years. I left by thanking everyone who was important to me. Haven't looked back. Feels great.
  14. Areyoukiddinme

Areyoukiddinme best 2 weeks ever

congrats olroad, you will probably get called by an oms or a coverage sup occasionally. it took them about a year and a half to lose my number. hopefully you got paid out for all your vacation,sick, and holiday pay you accumulated.
    you and yours have earned it now enjoy it
  15. rod

rod retired and happy

Congratulations on your retirement. Now stick around the Brown Café because we need MORE retired people on here------------don't we upstate.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

They might let you come in your last day and hang around and say goodbye. They do that sometimes where I worked. I went out on a career ending injury and didn't get to say any goodbye's to the other drivers that I wanted to keep in touch with. I've been retired 16 months and I'm sure some folks don't even know I retired. Congrats on your decision. And please do come back here...if not just for Upstate's sake.
  17. rod

rod retired and happy

I don't ever recall UPS management acknowledging any ones retirement at my center. Nothing was mentioned at the AM about me retiring- I worked probably 9+ hours -punched out and went to the bar to meet my wife.
  18. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

That's insane. You dedicated how many years of your life to this company the least they can do is honor you on your retirement.
  19. rod

rod retired and happy

Like I said---it wasn't only me- it was just the way they operated. It is really crappy but in all reality all anyone wants is to "just get the last day over with".
  20. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Nope. It's like you. A pig, that don't fly straight.