two weeks on one paycheck

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Green checks do not have a higher tax withholding rate. The only items that are taxed at the supplemental rate are supplemental earnings which are defined as vacation/sick/option payoffs in lieu of time off and certain types of bonuses.

Several years ago, green checks were issued using the UPS AP (accounts payable) system and then had to be manually entered into Payroll the following week. This did cause some tax issues as it would add the adjusted amount to the current earnings and taxes had to be manually controlled. It was a pain in the ass. A system enhancement was created a few years back that allows the daily green check requests to be run right through payroll on a separate daily schedule rather than the regular weekly schedule. This allows the system to tax the green check properly based on the employee's W-4 settings. Actually, since green checks tend to be smaller than normal earnings because they are correcting mistakes, the taxes calculate a bit lower based on the gross earnings of the green check.

The reason they can't be EFT is because it would be slower. We can print a check and NDA it faster. Direct deposit to every single bank in the country can't happen over night. On the weekly cycle, we push all of the funds to one central bank and they push it to all of the various banks and credit unions utilized by the employees. From what I've been told, it takes a day or two for some of the smaller banks to process these transfers and make them available to their customers.

I love it when you come on here spewing nothing but actual facts. :peaceful:

UPSGUY72

if you take your sick as a vacation week they're supposed to pay you five sick days and if you call of sick its just a lay off day so you wont get paid for it..UPSGUY72 UPS screwed up on two things thats clearly stated in the contract and no i didn't get paid right after i told my sup it was a week later..i looked back on some of my other checks that were close to what i wouldve been paid if they sent me two separate checks and it came out that they taxed me 140 extra dollars that shouldve been in my pocket[/QUOTE

You got paid right after you told them

If you use your sick days and or combination of your sick days as extra week of vacation and you call before week you will not get paycheck for that week off... They will just pay you every time you call in sick until you use your sick and personal up... That not in the contract it how payroll works....

That is what they are going to be telling and that is how the people in Atlanta do it I would think it is done that way because it is easier to keep track somehow ....

It happens to people in my building they are told when they choose to take extra week vacation using there a combination of there 5 sick days and 3 personal days what will happen if they call in before that week of vacation.....

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
What section of the contract is he filing under he got paid right after he notified his SUP he didn't get his vacation check they don't owe him any money ? HE doesn't have a contractual leg to stand on.... A mistake was made they fixed it and paid him.

This goes far beyond a contract agreement, its an ethics violation.

Say this PT worker will get paid 400+ with two checks. Now with two weeks on one check he / she gets 325$. They just paid a larger amount of taxes, dues and whatever else they have on them. Its totally wrong and should never happen. The whole reason we get paid weekly, is because we will make more in this timeframe.

Most would ask " why not get paid every two weeks? It seems logical that someone would make more money, right? ". The company keeps the money longer when paying people every two weeks. The precentage of taxes and fees taken out are larger. Not to mention, money should be open for use to a person each week. So no, one doesnt get paid more getting paid every two weeks.

I we could stop using the contract on such things. There are the big three questions that come along with any job. Does it violate my safety? Is it un-moral? And the big one, is it unethical?

Kae3106

Say this PT worker will get paid 400+ with two checks. Now with two weeks on one check he / she gets 325$. They just paid a larger amount of taxes, dues and whatever else they have on them. Its totally wrong and should never happen. The whole reason we get paid weekly, is because we will make more in this timeframe.

Most would ask " why not get paid every two weeks? It seems logical that someone would make more money, right? ". The company keeps the money longer when paying people every two weeks. The precentage of taxes and fees taken out are larger. Not to mention, money should be open for use to a person each week. So no, one doesnt get paid more getting paid every two weeks.

I we could stop using the contract on such things. There are the big three questions that come along with any job. Does it violate my safety? Is it un-moral? And the big one, is it unethical?

Actually, the pay frequency is taken into account when calculating taxes on paychecks. If you had two people who each made $500 per week and one was paid weekly while the other was paid biweekly, they would each have the same amount of taxes withheld over the year.

I won't bore everyone with calculations to prove it out but here's a neat little tool you can use to calculate your own checks: Payroll Calculator | Take Home Pay Calculator | Salary Paycheck Calculator | ADP I've found it to be fairly accurate. You can also look up the tax tables in IRS publication "Circular E". I believe they start on page 35 of that document. There are tables for calculating employee paychecks based on weekly, biweekly, semi monthly, monthly, etc pay frequencies.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Actually, the pay frequency is taken into account when calculating taxes on paychecks. If you had two people who each made $500 per week and one was paid weekly while the other was paid biweekly, they would each have the same amount of taxes withheld over the year.

I won't bore everyone with calculations to prove it out but here's a neat little tool you can use to calculate your own checks: Payroll Calculator | Take Home Pay Calculator | Salary Paycheck Calculator | ADP I've found it to be fairly accurate. You can also look up the tax tables in IRS publication "Circular E". I believe they start on page 35 of that document. There are tables for calculating employee paychecks based on weekly, biweekly, semi monthly, monthly, etc pay frequencies.

It doesnt look right to me, get 315 on one check or get 400+ with two checks? Its simple math, the higher the number the more will be taken out.

Sorry, the three things in buisness should be. Is it not safe? Is it against the law? Is it unethical? Had a hard time recaling the big three all workers should themselves and other ask on demands within management.

UPSGUY72

LOL

You make the same amount of money whether your get paid weekly bi-weekly or monthly if you work by the hr...

At the end of the year you pay the same amount in taxes on the same amount of total income whether you get paid weekly, biweekly or monthly. no matter how much they take out Each week.