United Way Intimidation

hypocrisy

Banned

Your charities would not get any money if so. Sounds good though.

Surprisingly, my charities do quite well both in donations and serving the local community. They don't have any advertising or solicitation at all, and certainly none at UPS.
It seems like every charity except one seems to exist without forced donations from UPSers.

tieguy

Banned
Surprisingly, my charities do quite well both in donations and serving the local community. They don't have any advertising or solicitation at all, and certainly none at UPS.
It seems like every charity except one seems to exist without forced donations from UPSers.

So your saying your charity gets all the funding it needs without any united way support? which one is it , I'd love to find out their secret to massive fund raisiing without any solicitation.

jimstud

Banned
So your saying your charity gets all the funding it needs without any united way support? which one is it , I'd love to find out their secret to massive fund raisiing without any solicitation.

give it up we all get it all of us who don't give to the charity of your choice are cold hearted people who would let the world starve

tieguy

Banned
give it up we all get it all of us who don't give to the charity of yourchoice are cold hearted people who would let the world starve

Why? This is his opportunity to put me in my place by showing me a charity that raises massive amounts of funding support without help from the unted way or any other fund raising organization and as he claims with out any advertising. I gues his charity uses some type of mental telepathy to raise funds.

by the way I asked you if your charity recieved any united way support and you never answered the question.

jimstud

Banned
Why? This is his opportunity to put me in my place by showing me a charity that raises massive amounts of funding support without help from the unted way or any other fund raising organization and as he claims with out any advertising. I gues his charity uses some type of mental telepathy to raise funds.

by the way I asked you if your charity recieved any united way support and you never answered the question.

maybe they do maybe they don't i do not ask . i donate to the charities of my choice not yours that is my point . i personally don't like organizations who pay executives 6 plus figure salaries off charitible donations. wouldn't that money be better used going directlt to the charities like the als fund?

tieguy

Banned
maybe they do maybe they don't i do not ask . i donate to the charities of my choice not yours that is my point . i personally don't like organizations who pay executives 6 plus figure salaries off charitible donations. wouldn't that money be better used going directlt to the charities like the als fund?

I never asked you to donate to my charity. United way is not a charity. If it does help fund your favorite charity as Your evasive answer indicates then you should do more to support their efforts to help your charity.

klein

Für Meno :)
Jimstud, you have my backing !
When I donate a case of Kraft dinner, or a can a beans at the supermarket for the food bank. I sure know damn well, the food bank isn't going to take 15% out of those packages or cans, as administation fees.
Nor will people that I help directly.

Something Tie doesn't believe in.
Because, in todays society is just wrong to give away stuff directly ! (according to him).

jimstud

Banned
i am not bothering to get into this discussion with you again. you are right i am a liar and do not donate to any charity just like all the other teamsters that do not donate to the united waydo not donate to anything. no comment on the 6 figure salaries of top united way executives or how that money would be put to better use fighting als.

Nimnim

The Nim
Oh I know this is going to come off wrong, but what the hey. Why don't we just cut tax deductions for charities and just have people give more taxes to the government so they can dole out the aid to people. Then we'll all be giving to the same place and no one can compare it anymore.

hypocrisy

Banned

Yes, my charity has plenty of funding and greatly impacts the local community in which they operate. They do not receive any United Way support, and I don't see where you made that connection. They do not need "massive funding", because there isn't a massive corrupt administrative organization with bloated salaries (and a limo & fine dining slush fund like UW) to pay for. It's people helping people directly, with faith and a high moral standard guiding their way (sorry if that's a foreign concept).

Your ignorance is surprising. I would expect UPS managment, of all people, would know how much you can do with so little.

United Way is a "coalition of charities". You are splitting hairs.

How much anyone donates, or doesn't donate, to the charity of their choice is nobody's business but their own. Tie proves my point repeatedly that UPS should get out of the charity solicitation business and resolidifies my resolve to never contribute a dime to UW whether through UPS out of my own pocket.

tieguy

Banned
i am not bothering to get into this discussion with you again. you are right i am a liar and do not donate to any charity just like all the other teamsters that do not donate to the united waydo not donate to anything. no comment on the 6 figure salaries of top united way executives or how that money would be put to better use fighting als.

I never called you a liar. I do know you appear to believe in your favorite charity. If you do then I think you should know how its funded. If united way helps fund it and you really do believe in your charity then I don't think you should bite the hand that feeds it and helps it serve its community.

tieguy

Banned
Yes, my charity has plenty of funding and greatly impacts the local community in which they operate. They do not receive any United Way support, and I don't see where you made that connection. They do not need "massive funding", because there isn't a massive corrupt administrative organization with bloated salaries (and a limo & fine dining slush fund like UW) to pay for. It's people helping people directly, with faith and a high moral standard guiding their way (sorry if that's a foreign concept).

Your ignorance is surprising. I would expect UPS managment, of all people, would know how much you can do with so little.

United Way is a "coalition of charities". You are splitting hairs.

How much anyone donates, or doesn't donate, to the charity of their choice is nobody's business but their own. Tie proves my point repeatedly that UPS should get out of the charity solicitation business and resolidifies my resolve to never contribute a dime to UW whether through UPS out of my own pocket.

then you won't mind sharing the name of this miracle organization that is so well funded without any fund raising support?

tieguy

Banned
No I won't mind at all. Just share your name and address and I will be happy to mail you the info.

Another dodge. this is your chance to finally squash the united way debate in public. Show us this terrific community minded organization that is able to secure such terrific funding without any effort to raise funds and no united way support.

tieguy

Banned
It appears we have hit a little impasse. So again before you badmouth united way you may want to make sure your favorite charity is not funded by united way in which case your efforts to screw the boss is probably also screwing your favorite charity.

Crickets-chirping.JPG

P

pickup

It appears we have hit a little impasse. So again before you badmouth united way you may want to make sure your favorite charity is not funded by united way in which case your efforts to screw the boss is probably also screwing your favorite charity.

Crickets-chirping.JPG

What about all the people that work for companies that don't participate in soliciting for the United Way? Are all those people condemned to walk the earth in an unsaved shadowy condition? Are all those people unable to contribute to the betterment of mankind?

hypocrisy

Banned
(@ Tie) Not really, because all of my $$ go directly to my favorite charity instead of being filtered through the United Way. It's not as if I were to give $1 to UW it would magically become $100 to my particular charity.

Whatsa matter Tie? I promise to keep all of your personal information private, because unlike management I have integrity.

tieguy

Banned
What about all the people that work for companies that don't participate in soliciting for the United Way? Are all those people condemned to walk the earth in an unsaved shadowy condition? Are all those people unable to contribute to the betterment of mankind?

A diversion?

tieguy

Banned
(@ Tie) Not really, because all of my $$ go directly to my favorite charity instead of being filtered through the United Way. It's not as if I were to give $1 to UW it would magically become $100 to my particular charity.

Whatsa matter Tie? I promise to keep all of your personal information private, because unlike management I have integrity.

Whats the matter is you talked out of your rear and when I challenged you on it you could not produce. Prove me wrong tell me what gifted charity is able to do so much without any fund raising drives or support from any fund raising oganizations like united way.

Crickets-chirping.JPG