united way... Turn the tables on them

SKAGITDRIVER

you know that UPS matches every employee donation 100%, right?

the more you give, the more UPS gives. How many other companies do that?

Dude give it up we (drivers) are not buying the ****our supes are shoveling us we sure as h3ll aren't going to buy it from you

Last edited by a moderator:

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I don't understand, why United Way? What's wrong the Annie E. Casey Foundation?
http://www.aecf.org/
"The Annie E. Casey Foundation is a private charitable organization, dedicated to helping build better futures for disadvantaged children in the United States. It was established in 1948 by Jim Casey, one of the founders of UPS, and his siblings, who named the Foundation in honor of their mother.

The primary mission of the Foundation is to foster public policies, human-service reforms, and community supports that more effectively meet the needs of today’s vulnerable children and families. In pursuit of this goal, the Foundation makes grants that help states, cities and neighborhoods fashion more innovative, cost-effective responses to these needs. For a brief overview of our work, we offer a 2-page fact sheet."

BoogaBooga

I have not decided whether to donate to the United Way(UW) or give a personal donation. I was disheartened to learn that my UW donation for the last 19 years had been going to the Hub's Area UW(160 miles away), and not staying in my local UW area. Management shouldn't have decided how I would like to donate my $, after telling me that the money stayed in the local area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have not decided whether to donate to the United Way(UW) or give a personal donation. I was disheartened to learn that my UW donation for the last 19 years had been going to the Hub's Area UW(160 miles away), and not staying in my local UW area. Management shouldn't have decided how I would like to donate my $, after telling me that the money stayed in the local area.

Do you realize that you can designate where you would like your money to go?

BoogaBooga

"Do you realize that you can designate where you would like your money to go?"

Yes I do know that I can designate what UW agency I would like my money to be donated to, but that is not the point.

My point is that UPS told me that my donation stayed local. To purposefully not tell me that my donation may or not stay in my local area is a serious breach of trust.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Do you realize that you can designate where you would like your money to go?"

Yes I do know that I can designate what UW agency I would like my money to be donated to, but that is not the point.

My point is that UPS told me that my donation stayed local. To purposefully not tell me that my donation may or not stay in my local area is a serious breach of trust.

Which is why you designate a specific agency and then follow up with that agency to ensure that they are getting your donation.

blue efficacy

Donating money to the less fortunate really is a horrible thing.

Yes, this thread has the right idea! Let's stick it to UPS by not donating money from our generous paychecks for a worthy cause that helps our communities.

Brownnblue

Which is why you designate a specific agency and then follow up with that agency to ensure that they are getting your donation.

Two Questions:
1) I have heard that some people who designate to a specific agency will get either a thank you card, a letter of appreciation, or at least a receipt. I have been designating to a specific agency for about fifteen years and I have never gotten any of these, despite having been given promises and assurances that a receipt would be forthcoming. Given your last post, is the burden on the donator to follow up on whether or not the funds got to the agency? Also, do the agencies expect this to happen and if so, is one way of contact (phone, email, US mail) better than another?
2) I believe that you stated in the past that you get free tickets to Syracuse sporting events as a perk to your UW donation. When are you going to invite me up for Men's Lacrosse?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The tickets were part of a UW silent auction fundraiser held by our district. I was high bidder for both a SU football and basketball game. Syracuse is about 4 hours from Plattsburgh so it is a nice trip, sometimes overnight. I took my daughter to the football game and my son to the basketball game. I deduct the amount that I bid for the tickets (less the face value) on my taxes as a charitable donation.

BoogaBooga

"Which is why you designate a specific agency and then follow up with that agency to ensure that they are getting your donation."

Designated to an agency last year. Checked with center manager, United Way Director, and Agency Director. No one can say if my donation was received by the agency I designated.

HHHMMM. Somebody's words do not equal their actions.

In all fairness, could be a UW problem or an UPS problem. Well untill it gets fixed, I told UW Director and center manager, "No more money from MitEman."