Up the sups.........

rod

Retired 22 years
Just curious- when this "slacker" takes the day off does it mean more work for you? If the answer is yes then you have every reason to be pissed. The UPS I worked for wasn't noted for having a bunch of extra bodies to put to work when they were short handed. There is always a few in each center that can't seem to manage to do their fair share and for some reason it always seems to be the ones that have their noses up managements butt ----------and nothing happens to them. Imagine that:peaceful:

brown4life?

Would you prefer everyone being forced to work? Junior drivers getting laid off and displacing part timers?
No thats not what I would prefer what I would like is equality. If I have to follow the work methods and such or face reprimand I expect coworkers to be faced with the same. I do not believe it is right that the sups decide who gets it and who doesn't. That is my complaint like I said if I called in as often I am 100% positive I would face punishment. Just one more thing how do you force someone to work? You either want the job and show up for your fair days work or you don't and face termination. At least that is the way I understand it:wink2:

brown4life?

Just curious- when this "slacker" takes the day off does it mean more work for you? If the answer is yes then you have every reason to be pissed. The UPS I worked for wasn't noted for having a bunch of extra bodies to put to work when they were short handed. There is always a few in each center that can't seem to manage to do their fair share and for some reason it always seems to be the ones that have their noses up managements butt ----------and nothing happens to them. Imagine that:peaceful:
Yes Rod it does it means more work for me and our center does not have extra bodies floating around to fill the gaps. I am not by any means saying I mind working but.......when I have to take on the extra it makes that day just a bit unbearable. I can handle the work to me it is a 4 hour workout that also helps feed my family. Like I said in a few of the posts I plan on this to be my retirement I am not at ups for the short hall. But to me its the slackers like this keeping the bid jobs tied up(when they should have been gone long ago!) Enough said thanks for hearing me out:wink2:

Service Failure

I forgot to take into consideration whether you were a small hub or not. I'm in a pretty big hub so the effect is probably a lot less if you are currently working at a small hub so with that said, damn those guys haha.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Jealously meter 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] ding ding ding

put in your letter and get yourself a nice P/T supervisor job and FIRE HIM then.

If someone calls out, you are not required to do more or less work than if he/she didn't. If you really care that much, you're on the wrong team. I hate to say this too, because it isn't like I've never been ticked off by another co-worker at some point. But juice has it's benefits, especially p/t. or if you're a friend/ter amongst p/ters.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Let me first say i love my job at UPS:happy2: But.....there is another upser so far up managements but that I'm getting a little annoyed with the whole thing. This employee(been there over 8yrs) calls off 4 times a month at least and was suppossed to be suspended this last time and the sup decided not to do it. I was wondering if I can file on that probably wouldn't do it just curious about the options. I am ticked that I show up for work everyday and give my honest days work and know if it were me that called in like that a write up would be in my file! When people call off it effects all of us that show up. Now I'm not sayin that its always wrong to call off if you have the flu I don't want it! LOL but the habits of this person are simply crazy at the least! I just feel like everyone should be treated the same even if your brown nosin the higher up browns! Thanks for letting me vent!

You probably wear a UPS shirt and cap to work...

If you were a red sox fan we'd call you a pink hat! :whiteflag:

LKLND3380

Let me first say i love my job at UPS:happy2: But.....there is another upser so far up managements but that I'm getting a little annoyed with the whole thing. This employee(been there over 8yrs) calls off 4 times a month at least and was suppossed to be suspended this last time and the sup decided not to do it. I was wondering if I can file on that probably wouldn't do it just curious about the options. I am ticked that I show up for work everyday and give my honest days work and know if it were me that called in like that a write up would be in my file! When people call off it effects all of us that show up. Now I'm not sayin that its always wrong to call off if you have the flu I don't want it! LOL but the habits of this person are simply crazy at the least! I just feel like everyone should be treated the same even if your brown nosin the higher up browns! Thanks for letting me vent!

Doccument it all... If you are a Teamster, you don't rat out your brothers and sisters about things like this but EVERYONE must be treated equal... So when one person is written up - ALL must be written up - no special treatment.

NoStress

hey its probably legit. or this driver may have a health issue that they are dealing with and thats none of your business...theres all two sides to the story.

hey its probably legit. or this driver may have a health issue that they are dealing with and thats none of your business...theres all two sides to the story.
It is also possible that the absentee worker in doing so under the FMLA and taking care of a sick or dying parent, child or spouse. The info on those kind of details would be protected under HEPPA.