UPS Aircraft Emergency Landing

D

Dis-organized Labor

Grade 20s got raises, and I have been without for 4 years while you have stuff MIP in your pockets. Just think you are a low level sup that couldnt make it as a driver. Now your drivers are making more money than you and since you are an underperformer you will be run off soon.

This is typical mechjanic jibberish coming from the same guy day in and day out. He's probably on a company computer instead of sitting in his (I mean my) truck convincing himself of his significance. He probably graduated HS with a low GPA, became an A&P and now he's "AIRBUSFXR.....STAR OF THE UNION AND ALL THINGS POLITICAL AND MECHANICAL". I'll bet he's an expert on medical and legal issues as well.
MIP is for the brains of the operation, not the grunts like you. AIRBUSFXR TO THE RESCUE.............

airbusfxr

I am not an expert on anything expect UPSCO. Brownone, it seems you have been with the company about the same as I, have many times have you managed an air operation? You are the type that sits in the hub, and jumps and throws things when the air arrives late into your center and all you do is blame pilots and mechanics for late air. I know your type, always with you feet planted on the hands of the person below you on the ladder and your nose firmly planted on the person directly above you on the UPS ladder. You need to read the Reuters article and educated yourself on the issues. Now for DOL, "you cant handle the truth" and yes I know nothing about medical and legal issue, but I do not post about those issues.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I am not an expert on anything expect UPSCO. Brownone, it seems you have been with the company about the same as I, have many times have you managed an air operation? You are the type that sits in the hub, and jumps and throws things when the air arrives late into your center and all you do is blame pilots and mechanics for late air. I know your type, always with you feet planted on the hands of the person below you on the ladder and your nose firmly planted on the person directly above you on the UPS ladder. You need to read the Reuters article and educated yourself on the issues. Now for DOL, "you cant handle the truth" and yes I know nothing about medical and legal issue, but I do not post about those issues.

"HEY LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY, AIRBUSFXR..."HERO OF THE UNION" I USED THE WORD "REUTERS" LOOK HOW SMART I AM.

I'M SO MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYONE AT UPS. LOOK AT ME!!!"

Can't handle the truth???? You wouldn't know "truth" if you tripped over it. "Spin" yes, that you know.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
A package car breaks no one dies.
the car catches fire , get out and run
Mr Gray

Sir, I understand the point you are trying to make.

But just over the last 12-15 months, there have been at least two brothers in brown that lost their lives, one burned to death in his package car, and one died as a result of a suspected steering malfunction.

Any malfunction of equipment that is safety related can have deadly results. I understand and appreciate that when you send up a plane with our cargo and pilots, you take extreme precautions to make sure everything is in working order.

But to downplay the response to safety issues just because our wheels never leave the ground as no big deal just got under my skin.

d

Floridacargocat

an experienced flight crew will take information from sensors placed throughout the aircraft and act accordingly. "False positives" are known to happen, but when the signals are the right one and proper immediate action is not taken (including non-compliance of company policy - see Swissair 101 JFK-GVA), bad things will happen.
Fedex recently had a near-miss in an MD-11 because of electronic cigarettes on fire ) damn Li-batteries).
Basic rules that are drilled into pilots from PPL to ATP are:
- aviate
- navigate
- communicate.
At least that's how I learned it.
Sensors do not distinguish between fine particles of curry powder and the physical effects of a real fire.
The pilots get a signal" Something is not right" and they are trained to act accordingly.

Mr.Grey

I apologize to Dannyboy directly and any other of our drivers .
I was just pissed by the orginal comments made .
Safty ground or air is my first job and when everyone is home safe i did my part of my days work .
my idea was not to belittle drivers or their safty concerns. i just wanted to give a small view point of the air that many do not know .

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
None needed. Safety is a serious issue, it does not matter if you are on foot, in a package car, feeder, next to a conveyor, or cruising at 30,000 feet.

And I am living proof that it only takes one split second of not paying attention, or ignoring warning signs, or doing it your way instead of the right way, to end up hurt or dead.

Something you mentioned struck home.

when everyone is home safe i did my part

I guess it was because I was there longer, or maybe I trained most of our drivers, or maybe who knows. But it is a good feeling to know that none of my fellow drivers got hurt or killed. In a way, its almost like I was my brothers keeper, for a lack of putting it better.

The devil is in the details.

d