UPS and IBT are in bed together

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

"Company will comply with Art 37" is the decision I would be looking for, but good luck with that one, as the Company certainly cares about preventing such a decision.
That's why they always try to settle these harassment grievances locally, without admitting guilt.

The Company only cares about decisions that attach liability now, or in the future.
Any Labor Manager or Company Panel member worth his weight in salt will fight diligently to prevent that decision from being levied in such a harassment grievance.

Although no money is immediately attached in a decision like that, it certainly has "ongoing liability" for the Company.
What I was getting at is there is no penalty that would help a member after being harassed.......the fact that we are looking for the management person fired,moved to a new location or to apologize isn't enough......in my opinion there needs to be a financial consequence in the contract to at least make them think before they do it.......just brainstorming

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What I was getting at is there is no penalty that would help a member after being harassed.......the fact that we are looking for the management person fired,moved to a new location or to apologize isn't enough......in my opinion there needs to be a financial consequence in the contract to at least make them think before they do it.......just brainstorming
I didn't suggest any of those things???

I am however again suggesting that a "Company will comply to Art 37" decision will not only insulate the employee from future harassment, it will also blows holes in whatever trumped up case they are trying to build on this employee.

If you wait to claim harassment until after you are up the ladder of progressive discipline, it's a much harder claim to make.

To your point though, "collateral grievances" can be effective when dealing with managers that live in "glass houses".

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
"Company will comply with Art 37" is the decision I would be looking for, but good luck with that one, as the Company certainly cares about preventing such a decision.
That's why they always try to settle these harassment grievances locally, without admitting guilt.

How does you Local handle them ? (at the Local level)

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you wait to claim harassment until after you are up the ladder of progressive discipline, it's a much harder claim to make.

To your point though, "collateral grievances" can be effective when dealing with managers that live in "glass houses".

That's a perfect example, of why you can't let them paint you into a corner....

Before you start a paper trail of your own.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How does you Local handle them ? (at the Local level)

-Bug-
They don't hear them at all if possible, instead letting them pile up endlessly, unless the employee either goes to HR or files labor charges.

Then and if, they are finally heard at the local level, they are withdrawn as "a matter of record".

My Local is entrenched in a "quid pro quo" relationship with the Company Labor Department.

The agents simply aren't literate enough, or smart enough, to formulate viable arguments on legitimate grievances, so they either squash these grievances locally or settle them for dimes on the dollar, in hopes of consideration on discharge cases.

This is how they create the illusion that they are effective in their jobs, as nobody stays fired, but in turn very few are ever validated when grieving the Company.

Slowly, those with the fortitude to file, don't anymore, feeling it's futile.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

They don't hear them at all if possible, instead letting them pile up endlessly, unless the employee either goes to HR or files labor charges.

Then and if, they are finally heard at the local level, they are withdrawn as "a matter of record".

My Local is entrenched in a "quid pro quo" relationship with the Company Labor Department.

The agents simply aren't literate enough, or smart enough, to formulate viable arguments on legitimate grievances, so they squash these grievances locally in hopes of consideration on discharge cases.

This is how they create the illusion that they are effective in their jobs, as nobody stays fired, but in turn very few are ever validated when grieving the Company.

Slowly, those with the fortitude to file, don't anymore, feeling it's futile.

~Bbbl~[emoji769]
You know ups will always say the politically correct statement at the local level.....they will address this with the sup or manager and the company doesn't condone this behavior.....also you know that ups will always try to push the lines in the contract language to their advantage.....and on harrassment they always say they will comply with art 37 yet always continue to violate it........what do you propose to stop it or strengthen the contract language

Sheep DAWG

What do you feel the remedy should be if the panel ruled in your favor in a harrassment grievence........in my opinion the only grievences that ups cares about are the ones in which they have to pay members(9.5,sups working,8 hour)
I think the member should be paid a fine from the company of $5000.00 because that is usually the amount suffered by the member when he is kept out of work waiting for his panel hearing....maybe the fine would deter the company from instructing it's managers to engage in such activity. ..hit their pocketbooks.

Sheep DAWG

But First and foremost. ....we have got to change the Atlantic Area Grievance Panel process. It has become such a joke...now they are rendering 30, 60 and 90 day suspensions for discipline for infractions that in no way warrant it..alot of it comes from members who have filed grievances and have been retaliated against and have had clear records prior to the grievance they filed. With clear proof the member was retaliated against, still receiving suspension. I think the Department of Labor needs to launch an investigation. ..sounds like funny business. . $$$$

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think the member should be paid a fine from the company of $5000.00 because that is usually the amount suffered by the member when he is kept out of work waiting for his panel hearing....maybe the fine would deter the company from instructing it's managers to engage in such activity. ..hit their pocketbooks.

I'm not sure....

What part of that post, I should laugh at.

now they are rendering 30, 60 and 90 day suspensions for discipline for infractions that in no way warrant it.

How would you "know".... if a case, warranted the outcome ??

Shemp Dog.

:biggrin:

-Bug-

Sheep DAWG

I'm not sure....

What part of that post, I should laugh at.

How would you "know".... if a case, warranted the outcome ??

Shemp Dog.

:biggrin:

-Bug-
Because like I've told you numerous times and you don't listen (because you are temporarily a Buisness agent) lol. I'm a little smarter than you....which is why you like to act like a bully to anyone on here that points out the wrong in which should be made right. If I had ever heard a solution out of you for anyone's problems, ,I would concider you some what intelligent. ...but.....we never hear any.....all you do is degrade anybody who knows their rights are being violated and people like you (who've lost touch with the members) only pass blame instead of owning it.

Sheep DAWG

Difference between you and I ....your name fits..."Big Union Guy" ...I'm more of a "Member Guy" you can call me "shemp dawg" instead of sheep dawg, all you want. I'm still for the member and instead making fun of the members who are being wronged by the company. ....which we all know of the bs games the company is playing and getting by with... I am wanting to see things change....keep taking that position of yours....I'm sure it will work out for you....lmao

LagunaBrown

But First and foremost. ....we have got to change the Atlantic Area Grievance Panel process. It has become such a joke...now they are rendering 30, 60 and 90 day suspensions for discipline for infractions that in no way warrant it..alot of it comes from members who have filed grievances and have been retaliated against and have had clear records prior to the grievance they filed. With clear proof the member was retaliated against, still receiving suspension. I think the Department of Labor needs to launch an investigation. ..sounds like funny business. . $$$$
If you are so sure of yourself get off the blogs and do it because then we will know if your stories are truly righteous or your just a crybaby as I suspected...... Personally I think you got no case and that is why you are here with your fairy-tale solutions. If shemp dog had have proof the company is retaliating against multiple a members for protected activity like filing a grievance all those article 37 grievance should help your case with DOL. If you are the man you say you are and are telling the truth you would be entrenched in that legit campaign instead of wasting time complaining or picking a fight with BUG on Browncafe. TDU sucks

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you are the man you say you are and are telling the truth you would be entrenched in that legit campaign instead of wasting time complaining or "trying to pick a fight with BUG" on Browncafe. TDU sucks

Try as she might.... TDU can't proffer any viable solutions. (just like Fred)

Regurgitating talking points, will be the antithesis of the TDU demise.

Watch it happen.

Sheep DAWG

If you are so sure of yourself get off the blogs and do it because then we will know if your stories are truly righteous or your just a crybaby as I suspected...... Personally I think you got no case and that is why you are here with your fairy-tale solutions. If shemp dog had have proof the company is retaliating against multiple a members for protected activity like filing a grievance all those article 37 grievance should help your case with DOL. If you are the man you say you are and are telling the truth you would be entrenched in that legit campaign instead of wasting time complaining or picking a fight with BUG on Browncafe. TDU sucks
Trust me....I am entrenched in it ! And I am going to put a stop to it. Buckle up ! This RIDE is MOVING .

Sheep DAWG

Wha
Try as she might.... TDU can't proffer any viable solutions. (just like Fred)

Regurgitating talking points, will be the antithesis of the TDU demise.

Watch it happen.
What is it with you and TDU....Do they expose ? I mean are you so out of touch with the members that you think an outside entity has to inform the members that people are not doing their jobs......It's OK man....Keep BLAMING. ... the problem has been the Union Officers have been doing nothing and getting re-elected. ...only because the members had gotten so discusted they quit participating. ...well like I said before.....oppressed people will only Stay oppressed so long......my advice is.....do your jobs or learn to drive a package car again...or stay home.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wha

What is it with you and TDU....Do they expose ? I mean are you so out of touch with the members that you think an outside entity has to inform the members that people are not doing their jobs......It's OK man....Keep BLAMING. ... the problem has been the Union Officers have been doing nothing and getting re-elected. ...only because the members had gotten so discusted they quit participating. ...well like I said before.....oppressed people will only Stay oppressed so long......my advice is.....do your jobs or learn to drive a package car again...or stay home.
They think because they consider TDU to be the "scarlet letters", that everybody does, but it's just not true.

The vast majority of those who choose to care at all, don't care if TDU does what they do,.......unless they have managed to get elected.

It's just that simple.

What I find more curious is that these old time "politicians" operate on the premise that it's never a good idea to put the opposition's name in print while campaigning.
Yet they continually post these letters, TDU, on an internet website that is only a mouse click away from BC???

~Bbbl~

LagunaBrown

They think because they consider TDU to be the "scarlet letters", that everybody does, but it's just not true.

The vast majority of those who choose to care at all, don't care if TDU does what they do,.......unless they have managed to get elected.

It's just that simple.

What I find more curious is that these old time "politicians" operate on the premise that it's never a good idea to put the opposition's name in print while campaigning.
Yet they continually post these letters, TDU, on an internet website that is only a mouse click away from BC???

~Bbbl~
Untrue. Members are not aware of how TDU seperates the membership by spreading lies like when they said the Healthcare is 80/20 here in the west. Anyone smart enough to call the back of you insurance card and ask your insurance provider (who is obligated to tell you the truth). They will tell you it's much better and only 80/20 if your out of network.

upsbrown-2009

BUG is a is entitlement , only the US government doesn't pay BUG ! UPS is BUG's entitlement source! Please read any thread's that he tries too discredit and you to as a member will your not stupid! You are informed this scares the crap out of these guys ! #findajobthegigsup