UPS and IBT are in bed together

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's funny since we keep winning elections and you lose them. Your reply is a typical TDU "straw man" fallacy response I would expect from you.
"We keep winning"????

Did they final include you????

Congrats, perhaps you will finally be afforded ample time for your knees to heal?

Honestly, I never cared about what you do or what goes on in your Local, nor do I now.
I simply became curious, one day awhile back on a lunch break, reading the countless threads you and people from your Local started on this board.
Screwing with you, for the shear sport of it, subsequently became a hobby because I don't like you.
It all started the first time I asked a simple question and you acted like a dick, spewing your typical "TDU" crap.

Since then, I still haven't joined TDU, but have enjoyed interacting with you, the "little brother" I never had.

Last edited:

twoweeled

Here is what I think,
During this election, there are a lot of bloggers thinking they will dictate the voting by outlandish lies and mistruths. Have you filed charges against your representatives for failure to represent? I bet you this is a made up claim to try to get people stirred up.
Let's look at this as a hypothetical. Let's say the memeber has been wrongfully terminated. Imagine the BA and the manager get together and discuss the merits of your case and decide 6 weeks off work is good. So they fire you and offer your job back without backpay in 6 weeks.
You file charges because you feel you were not represented with all facts disclosed to you.
1. what are the chances that your BA or manager are going to admit to the deal behind your back?
2. What's the chance you'll be able to prove the backroom deal happened, without admission from your BA or Manager?
3. What's the chance your BA will put forth an aggressive defense when your BA has advised you to take your job back without backpay, and you've filed charges against him for failure to represent?

Maybe we can agree, your time with the company will be on a tightrope till your retirement or a new administration enters.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Let's look at this as a hypothetical. Let's say the memeber has been wrongfully terminated. Imagine the BA and the manager get together and discuss the merits of your case and decide 6 weeks off work is good. So they fire you and offer your job back without backpay in 6 weeks.
You file charges because you feel you were not represented with all facts disclosed to you.
1. what are the chances that your BA or manager are going to admit to the deal behind your back?
2. What's the chance you'll be able to prove the backroom deal happened, without admission from your BA or Manager?
3. What's the chance your BA will put forth an aggressive defense when your BA has advised you to take your job back without backpay, and you've filed charges against him for failure to represent?

Maybe we can agree, your time with the company will be on a tightrope till your retirement or a new administration enters.
You for got #4 possibility.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Make that 4 now ! Do your research and check out these 4 Management and Guarantied UPS Pension Bailouts! Their post in some way demeanors the MEMBERS in their thread's ! Don't take my word for it research it! They are trying to play off the MEMBERS intelligence! No more of these guys! With UPS guaranteed pensions how are the MEMBERS best interests not in question....? We see clearly they are looking out for themselves not the MEMBERS! We are Not TDU, only MEMBERS First!!!!! But we will take back our UNION!!!

Aside from the spelling issues, your post is barely comprehensible.

What are you saying ??

shemp dog

Not a Steward. Sounds like FZ.

An "angry Teamster".

Yawn.

First the T-Net guys now it's the "Facebook" Teamsters.

It's like being at the circus, and seeing the clown car.

They keep coming from nowhere.

My experience is full backpay is close to rare, especially in discharges bringing the member back. Extremely rare.

On an unjustifiable discharge ??

That's not rare at all.

But, some people think;

Because the company discharges a member, and then agrees to reduce it to a suspension....

Some how, that entitles the member to backpay ??

True
meritless discharges, are "few and far between".

The member is always provided with an opportunity to accept, or decline an offer.

Which one, do you think they choose more often ??

It's their job.... Not yours. (on the line)

Let's look at this as a hypothetical.

Lets not.

You for got #4 possibility.

Do I have to say it.... out loud ??

:biggrin:

-Bug-

twoweeled

On an unjustifiable discharge ?? That's not rare at all. But said:
True[/I] meritless discharges, are "few and far between".

The member is always provided with an opportunity to accept, or decline an offer.

Don't want to look at this as a hypothetical? No problem. Let's look at it for what it is. Reality at UPS. We both know what I'm saying is true. It happens over and over again. This is in part what others refer to as, making deals with the company.

-Bug-

Extremely rare, and we both know it.

Agree to a suspension? Sure. Agree to a suspension or risk losing your job forever. Doesn't say much for the confidence in the union to defend them.
Sure! The member always has the right to lose his job. Thanks for the right!
Of course they choose to take the suspension. They have no faith being able to win. That's the truth, spin it whichever way you wish. The overwhelming majority of cases that actually go to arbitration, are cases where no choice is given. Everyone else is afraid to attempt it. Just as it was planned. : )
As you say: " It's their job.... Not yours. (on the line)." so easy for you to dismiss it isn't it.
Not only their job, but their pay loss. Not yours!
Thanks!

Last edited:

LeadBelly

Banned

What are you saying ??

An "angry Teamster".

Yawn.

That's not rare at all.

But, some people think;

Because the company discharges a member, and then agrees to reduce it to a suspension....

True

Lets not.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's not rare at all.
But, some people think;
True meritless discharges, are "few and far between".

With such solid Central Region language, how can anybody argue with that logic???

ARTICLE 17-DISCHARGE OR SUSPENSIONS
(i) other cardinal offenses, the Company and the Union agree that
there are offenses where an employee may be suspended in lieu of
discharge.

SMH

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

Sheep DAWG

We have got to see change. With New leadership, we can negotiate a contract that truly protects the members from being held to perfection. It's funny how a straight A student can miss 8 questions on a test and still get an A and be considered an honor roll student. But a UPS employee who makes 1 single mistake is considered an employee that deserves a warning letter which states your next mistake will result in discharge. This has become ridiculous discipline which is only designed to oppress employees. And history proves over and over.....oppressed people won't stay opressed. It's time for this to stop.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

What are you saying ??

An "angry Teamster".

Yawn.

That's not rare at all.

But, some people think;

True

Lets not.

-Bug-
You should exclaim it!

El Correcto

god is dead
Verbal warning, warning letter, intent to suspend, suspension, intent to terminate, termination.
I got about 30 my first year as driver including the intent to suspend and terminate. They don't just give you a warning letter and tell you are fired next time it happens, its progressive discipline for certain situations. If you are told you will be fired next time you probably screwed up bad and could of been fired the first.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Extremely rare, and we both know it.

Agree to a suspension? Sure. Agree to a suspension or risk losing your job forever. Doesn't say much for the confidence in the union to defend them.
Sure! The member always has the right to lose his job. Thanks for the right!
Of course they choose to take the suspension. They have no faith being able to win. That's the truth, spin it whichever way you wish. The overwhelming majority of cases that actually go to arbitration, are cases where no choice is given. Everyone else is afraid to attempt it. Just as it was planned. : )
As you say: " It's their job.... Not yours. (on the line)." so easy for you to dismiss it isn't it.
Not only their job, but their pay loss. Not yours!
Thanks!
Best post of the day. Couldn't have said it better. It's people like you that can right this ship

LagunaBrown

"We keep winning"????

Did they final include you????

Congrats, perhaps you will finally be afforded ample time for your knees to heal?

Honestly, I never cared about what you do or what goes on in your Local, nor do I now.
I simply became curious, one day awhile back on a lunch break, reading the countless threads you and people from your Local started on this board.
Screwing with you, for the shear sport of it, subsequently became a hobby because I don't like you.
It all started the first time I asked a simple question and you acted like a dick, spewing your typical "TDU" crap.

Since then, I still haven't joined TDU, but have enjoyed interacting with you, the "little brother" I never had.
You and your story are irrelevant. At the end of the day its about the members and not your opinion.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We have got to see change. With New leadership, we can negotiate a contract that truly protects the members from being held to perfection. It's funny how a straight A student can miss 8 questions on a test and still get an A and be considered an honor roll student. But a UPS employee who makes 1 single mistake is considered an employee that deserves a warning letter which states your next mistake will result in discharge. This has become ridiculous discipline which is only designed to oppress employees. And history proves over and over.....oppressed people won't stay opressed. It's time for this to stop.

How about the 9.5 language who the hell came up with that.
stupidest thing I've ever heard of
Either you should be on the list or not its total BS that you have to sign it then you drop off then you sign again

If Iam wrong help me out

hyena

Either you should be on the list or not its total BS that you have to sign it then you drop off then you sign again

If Iam wrong help me out
It's good language ,if it wasn't there you'd be forced to work how ever long management chose. If you want on sign up. People's lifestyles change so you get to choose for five month periods I don't see that as bad..

Sheep DAWG

If Iam wrong help me out
You are right. We have a bunch of contract language with no teeth....no consequences for the company when they violate your rights.

Sheep DAWG

It's good language ,if it wasn't there you'd be forced to work how ever long management chose. If you want on sign up. People's lifestyles change so you[/QUOTE
The driver's are being forced to work as long as management chooses. ..UPS doesn't care about the 9/5 language. They are violating the heck out of it. If you file a grievance, you are retaliated against, followed, observed, and get a warning letter, a suspension, and intent to terminate all in the same observation. You file a grievance, it goes to the Atlantic area Grievance panel, and nothing is done to the company, your grievance is denied, and you come back with a 4 day suspension from the panew for your made up safety observations and the I B T is doing nothing to stop it. I've seen this happening over and over,,especially the last 4 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are right. We have a bunch of contract language with no teeth....no consequences for the company when they violate your rights.

Our supplement has an "I'm sorry" clause. Any time that the company violates a contract article that has no consequences for doing so they are required to say "I'm sorry" to the grievant.