UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

Ron Carey lives on

The IBT contitution has been changed under Hoffa/Hall. Whether you are tdu or old guard, this has to be disturbing to people who count on supplement increases. 2016 can't get here soon enough

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You guys do realize. 2018 you all will probably be striking. How can the teamsters ever get the next contract to pass? No one will have faith in the leadership. Maybe we can get more people to vote in 2016? Is there a real teamster who we can vote in? Sad day for the union. Orion is the end game for a strike. Hope you guys don't help them, set up your route. If you do. May as well give them the keys. Anyone can follow your best planned route.

upschuck

If math was your strong point I would hate to read one of your essays.
By and large, if you are strong in math, you are weak in English. That is why I try to keep my posts to a minimum. I know my limitations.

His math is correct. OT hours in above calculation are translated into straight time hours.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Don't really give a damn about the retro check. However, will enjoy some added benefits now that the contract is ratified.
Improved 9.5 language with penalty pay when violated. Should limit the number of 10+ hour days.
$400 a month increase in pension.
Two weeks of single vacation days. I forsee alot of 3 day weekends this summer or time hunting walleyes when the wind is right.
Infusion of cash into my unions Health, Welfare and Pension funds.

My local has lost the opportunity of investing those funds in a strong market for around 9 months. Those dollars can never be recovered.

Stonefish

And you are an apprentice master of the obvious.
It seems that's all you can say and repeat.
No wonder our union is in the shape it's in.
I agree with you our union is in the shape it's in because of certain people who just want to be negative all of the time and just want to bash their union for doing the right thing and can't see the forest through the trees.

Blackstream

Two weeks of single vacation days. I forsee alot of 3 day weekends this summer or time hunting walleyes when the wind is right.

Say what? I didn't hear about this. Right now I get 4 optionals + a sick bank day if I want to make it into a week vaca. How exactly is this changing? Will I keep getting an extra day a year until I hit 10 or something?

Chemo

Don't really give a damn about the retro check. However, will enjoy some added benefits now that the contract is ratified.
Improved 9.5 language with penalty pay when violated. Should limit the number of 10+ hour days.
$400 a month increase in pension.
Infusion of cash into my unions Health, Welfare and Pension funds.

My local has lost the opportunity of investing those funds in a strong market for around 9 months. Those dollars can never be recovered.
"Two weeks of single vacation days"? Is that in the Master or your supplement? I don't remember seeing that in Master, but I haven't read it in several months.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Marne vet, apparently you are unaware of the bylaws regarding article 12. This is not over. The problem is that everyone believes what they are told by their local union. The implementation of the master agreement without the resolution of the supplemental agreements is not legal and will be challenged in court. The Teamsters constitution clearly states the purpose of article 12. It was designed to benefit the union members. Now that it's not convenient in serving their wishes, they are attempting to use it against their own members. "Sigh" if you want to, but this situation will not be resolved without a lawsuit.

If it can happen to you guys, it can happen to anyone. There are no two ways about it: this is a bad, bad precedent for all of us.

How many times has that been said since Hoffa became our president?

Too many times...