UPS Contract passed today by executive vote

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
Marne vet, apparently you are unaware of the bylaws regarding article 12. This is not over. The problem is that everyone believes what they are told by their local union. The implementation of the master agreement without the resolution of the supplemental agreements is not legal and will be challenged in court. The Teamsters constitution clearly states the purpose of article 12. It was designed to benefit the union members. Now that it's not convenient in serving their wishes, they are attempting to use it against their own members. "Sigh" if you want to, but this situation will not be resolved without a lawsuit.

Marne Vet

Marne vet, apparently you are unaware of the bylaws regarding article 12. This is not over. The problem is that everyone believes what they are told by their local union. The implementation of the master agreement without the resolution of the supplemental agreements is not legal and will be challenged in court. The Teamsters constitution clearly states the purpose of article 12. It was designed to benefit the union members. Now that it's not convenient in serving their wishes, they are attempting to use it against their own members. "Sigh" if you want to, but this situation will not be resolved without a lawsuit.

OK.

quamba 638

So I'm gonna guess that they had this planned 6 months ago... The original contract stated that Teamcare would start January 1st, 2014. When it didn't they just bought 6 more months worth of insurance figuring everything would be settled by June 1st, then we would join Teamcare?

This must have been the plan B.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Milkman

I guess your vote just doesnt matter!

But your Dues do!!!! UPS must Love this. They got what they wanted in the long run..If many other locals would of voted no the supplements this would not be an issue now. You must be United........Right now there is division in the ranks, UPS will really put the screws to you next contract knowing that they can ignore NO votes and push their Best and Final offer down your throats.. To all those who voted YES........Just a matter of time for all of you to get the Shaft

The Milkman

Wait, wait, wait.... so they basically said "Screw what the Teamsters want," discarded all previous votes regarding the supplements and riders that had yet to be voted in and ushered in the new contract?

As a part-timer, I'm all for getting a raise and a retro check for backpay, but this doesn't seem like the right way to get it.... I'd be mad as all hell if I were part of one of the locals that had been holding out on voting yes. I'm actually kind of irritated anyways, and I'm being given stuff.

Great post, all the YES men will get theirs in due time..........What do you need the Union For now? They are in Bed with UPS and they could care less about the members they are supposed to be representing, not selling out to Big Brown. Next Contract will be a Joke and UPS is laughing it up at the Board Meeting now. "Well gentlemen, we succeded in forcing Hoffa to Jam this contract down the hard workers throats. Another round of scotch please. Let's start looking forward to the next contract and the concessions we will get. Bigger bonuses for all of us!" In due time the Union will be so watered down that all those who gave back hard earned benefits to UPS will be kicking themselves in the butt wondering what happened. What Happened you say? You voted Yes to continued concessions, and this is a result of those votes. Maybe your local will be next to vote NO and then you will have to just grin and bear it while UPS is smirking at you. You think working conditons are bad now? Huh, just wait.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Great post, all the YES men will get theirs in due time..........What do you need the Union For now? They are in Bed with UPS and they could care less about the members they are supposed to be representing, not selling out to Big Brown. Next Contract will be a Joke and UPS is laughing it up at the Board Meeting now. "Well gentlemen, we succeded in forcing Hoffa to Jam this contract down the hard workers throats. Another round of scotch please. Let's start looking forward to the next contract and the concessions we will get. Bigger bonuses for all of us!" In due time the Union will be so watered down that all those who gave back hard earned benefits to UPS will be kicking themselves in the butt wondering what happened. What Happened you say? You voted Yes to continued concessions, and this is a result of those votes. Maybe your local will be next to vote NO and then you will have to just grin and bear it while UPS is smirking at you. You think working conditons are bad now? Huh, just wait.
This post is about 11 months late to matter.

undies

Funny how UPS reports earnings from last quarter tomorrow. Now the final thorn in their side is gone.

I will definitely be more aware of who I vote in to run the union next election and I will not be quiet about it!

30yearstolife

I found it easier to just look up my gross earnings at UPSers rather than using hours worked.
Total earnings for the year for check issued August 2, 2013. ($50,000 for me)
Subtract that from the End of year total ($82,000 for me) =$32,000 made in 2013 after August 1
Add this years income ($28,000 for me) to last years $32,000 + $28,000= $60,000 TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST 1, 2013
Multiply the Total Income By $.70 (60,000 X .70) = 42,000
Then divide by last years hourly wage ( 42,000 divided by $32.29 for me)= $1,301 Retro check

$32.29 = $.70
$60,000 = $1,301

TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST multiplied by .7 divided by hourly wage = Retro check amount

Last edited by a moderator:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I found it easier to just look up my gross earnings at UPSers rather than using hours worked.
Total earnings for the year for check issued August 2, 2013. ($50,000 for me)
Subtract that from the End of year total ($82,000 for me) =$32,000 made in 2013 after August 1
Add this years income ($28,000 for me) to last years $32,000 + $28,000= $60,000 TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST 1, 2013
Multiply the Total Income By $.70 (60,000 X .70) = 42,000
Then divide by last years hourly wage ( 42,000 divided by $32.29 for me)= $1,301 Retro check

$32.29 = $.70
$60,000 = $1301

TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST multiplied by .7 divided by hourly wage = Retro check amount
All that math for nothing genius. You forgot 1.05 for all hours of overtime and .70 for regular hours worked.

30yearstolife

All that math for nothing genius. You forgot 1.05 for all hours of overtime and .70 for regular hours worked.
Nope, it is part of the equation.
Believe me, math was my strong point in College, before I got a real job driving a truck.
TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST multiplied by .7 divided by strait time hourly wage = Retro check amount

Last edited by a moderator:

brett636

I have been hoping for a resolution over this, but not in this fashion. Although I am not surprised by conclusion because lets face it, the teamster leadership are like so many of those in power and that is they are all about touting the "rights" of those they supposedly represent until those rights become a nuisance then they ignore them or outright cancel them. It really defeats the purpose of holding contract elections at all since the union leadership can simply declare it passed when everything obviously has not. Oh well, I will look forward to the retro check atleast...